Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Harry_HH wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 am Valhalla Delay is really great - and what is strange, its one of the most impressive REVERB plugin, although I’ve got most of the quality reverbs in the market...
The new Clarity mode makes the reverbs in Delay even better. What Sean and I had happening today was really fun and exciting.

Also, no one has yet mentioned... DUCKING!
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

bleen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 am Also, no one has yet mentioned... DUCKING!
:party: My #1 wish! I have to admit I have not used ducking with delays for most of my life, but once I got used to it in ”another delay plugin” some time ago, it suddenly became an essential feature. Glad to hear VD is getting it too!

And gating.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do want new modes!
Murderous duck!

bleen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:15 am
Harry_HH wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 am Valhalla Delay is really great - and what is strange, its one of the most impressive REVERB plugin, although I’ve got most of the quality reverbs in the market...
The new Clarity mode makes the reverbs in Delay even better. What Sean and I had happening today was really fun and exciting.

Also, no one has yet mentioned... DUCKING!
But the ducking appears to be it's own separate mode, rather than a function that can be used with other modes...which would be a real shame. I could be wrong, if course :shrug:

david.beholder wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am Do want new modes!
At least one clean mode, which doesn´t sound muffeled!! :tu:

They both post to Twitter too if you don't like Insta.

Oops :oops: Just saw the ducking functionality on 'clarity', also. I just hope it gets added to the first tape mode, as that's somewhere where it would be extremely useful :pray: :pray:

Trancit wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:09 am At least one clean mode, which doesn´t sound muffeled!! :tu:
I don't find it muffled. It's very usable as it is.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 pm
Trancit wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:09 am At least one clean mode, which doesn´t sound muffeled!! :tu:
I don't find it muffled. It's very usable as it is.
There is not a single mode, which doesn´t cut extremely the highs...
Use it on a hihat pattern, then you know what I mean...

Trancit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:09 pm There is not a single mode, which doesn´t cut extremely the highs...
Use it on a hihat pattern, then you know what I mean...
And that's exactly like real tape or bbd sound, VD has it's character. There are other plugins for crystal clear digital stuff.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm And that's exactly like real tape or bbd sound, VD has it's character. There are other plugins for crystal clear digital stuff.
Yes and no... of course this emulates this old delay behaviour...

Nevertheless, if I have the chance to offer different modes, why not providing at least one clean algo for jobs where you don´t want this cutoff on...
What for do exists ERAs like Future, if I cannot hear any future because it´s cut below (don´t know) 6k
I am a person, I like in regards of reverb and delay all-in-one plugins and don´t really like to reach out for/buy a different plugin just because I want a clean one too...

Look at Melda´s Turbodelay... besides all kinds of different modes/models, there is a clean one too...

Trancit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:26 pm
david.beholder wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm And that's exactly like real tape or bbd sound, VD has it's character. There are other plugins for crystal clear digital stuff.
Yes and no... of course this emulates this old delay behaviour...

Nevertheless, if I have the chance to offer different modes, why not providing at least one clean algo for jobs where you don´t want this cutoff on...
What for do exists ERAs like Future, if I cannot hear any future because it´s cut below (don´t know) 6k
I am a person, I like in regards of reverb and delay all-in-one plugins and don´t really like to reach out for/buy a different plugin just because I want a clean one too...

Look at Melda´s Turbodelay... besides all kinds of different modes/models, there is a clean one too...
Ever heard of a “concept“? Sean had a concept for this delay and realised it, that includes the emulation of a tape delay which by design does not have the full frequency range. But maybe one day he'll add another mode with full range as he will be tired of reading comments like yours.

Trancit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:26 pm
david.beholder wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm There are other plugins for crystal clear digital stuff.
Then why don't you get Melda Turbodelay because it already has different models and concentrate on production instead?
Btw, check out for more suggestions on VD alternatives that could do what you want today earlier in this thread.
Murderous duck!

Return to “Effects”