eMastered ATOM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gui is so dark i cant actually see it

Is it possible the company is trolling us?

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:09 am Is Crysonic back in business under another name ?

I don't know about Artificial Intelligence but you'd need a complete lack of Real Intelligence to fall for this scam. :lol:
:D
Best
YY

wagtunes wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:16 pm Is it possible the company is trolling us?
That would be brilliantly hilarious if they were. :lol:

But I fear it's more likely they simply have no grasp of the Competition.

It would be like if I started a car company and released a vehicle that cost as much as a Ferrari but drove like a Kia.

That would make me totally oblivious to the available competition in the marketplace which is apparently what is happening with eMastered Atom........ :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:16 pm Is it possible the company is trolling us?
i sent them an email with my thoughts (ahum).
They thanked me for the input/feedback, removed my account from eMastered (because i asked them to do so) and wished me a good weekend... :D

Unaspected wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:04 am If this had A.I.: As soon as you employ the horrible sounding distortion, it should turn it back down. When you try and increase the drive again, it should then turn the module off. When you try and turn it back on, it should grey out the whole module.

Then the next time you try and open ATOM, the AI should open Serum instead.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm But I fear it's more likely they simply have no grasp of the Competition.

It would be like if I started a car company and released a vehicle that cost as much as a Ferrari but drove like a Kia.

That would make me totally oblivious to the available competition in the marketplace which is apparently what is happening with eMastered Atom........ :?
I don't think they could possibly be oblivious to just how ridiculous their idea of a good synth is. Like I noted in my video review of ATOM (linked at the bottom for newcomers), this synth presets were programmed by Ill Factor, and it was endorsed by CID. Surely they must have had alpha and beta testers too — well, I suppose eMastered might indeed be oblivious if they think they can release something that's not even alpha quality.

Nevertheless, how did nobody in the process think to say "this isn't a very high-caliber work we have" and suggest stepping it up?

This is the review, if you are curious about the $189 dumpster fire known as ATOM.

Also, if anybody from eMastered reads this thread, it's friggin' 2019 and this is not a product.

Here are most of the things you need to implement to have this plugin not suck in one convenient list:
  • A comprehensive manual, not a weak help section, that installs on the user's computer.
  • Brighten your damn interface.
  • Actual analog-modeled filters. Smooth out the zippering, fix the aliasing.
  • Have a modulation matrix with at least two slots.
  • Add modulation sources: the pitch and mod wheels, MIDI CC, et cetera.
  • Analog-modeled oscillators. Think about it.
  • A pulse-width knob, and PWM. You can't just have a square wave.
  • Add some oversampled oscillator sync. Consider adding oversampled FM and ring modulation.
  • Unison phase randomness control. No more pssshew.
  • Key-tracking, resonance, and drive on the oscillator filters.
  • Make it abundantly clear that you're supposed to modulate osc filters for normal poly sounds.
  • That probably means a complete reprogram of the presets.
  • Modulation system: either make it drag-and-drop like it says on your website, or don't claim it is.
  • Same with AI. Either implement it so it's noticeable, and provide documentation, or nix it.
  • Actually, I lied. just get rid of ALL your marketing copy. Start again when you've got a good synth.
And finally:
  • Release this for free because even when you've implemented all these things, it still won't be on par with Synth1.
Last edited by MCMorrise on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wow this one is getting worse coverage that the DMS synth Ascension. At least that one is much cheaper at the moment and has
more features.

Examigan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:06 pm Wow this one is getting worse coverage that the DMS synth Ascension. At least that one is much cheaper at the moment and has
more features.
I happen to think Ascension was a pretty decent synth for what I paid for it ($15)

Trust me, I've heard a lot worse. In fact, I've gotten some cool sounds out of it.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... new-sounds

MCMorrise wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:03 pm Also, if anybody from eMastered reads this thread, it's friggin' 2019 and this is not a product.

Here are most of the things you need to implement to have this plugin not suck in one convenient list:
  • A comprehensive manual, not a weak help section, that installs on the user's computer.
  • Brighten your damn interface.
  • Actual analog-modeled filters. Smooth out the zippering, fix the aliasing.
  • Have a modulation matrix with at least two slots.
  • Add modulation sources: the pitch and mod wheels, MIDI CC, et cetera.
  • Analog-modeled oscillators. Think about it.
  • A pulse-width knob, and PWM. You can't just have a square wave.
  • Add some oversampled oscillator sync. Consider adding oversampled FM and ring modulation.
  • Unison phase randomness control. No more pssshew.
  • Key-tracking, resonance, and drive on the oscillator filters.
  • Make it abundantly clear that you're supposed to modulate osc filters for normal poly sounds.
  • That probably means a complete reprogram of the presets.
  • Modulation system: either make it drag-and-drop like it says on your website, or don't claim it is.
  • Same with AI. Either implement it so it's noticeable, and provide documentation, or nix it.
  • Actually, I lied. just get rid of ALL your marketing copy. Start again when you've got a good synth.
And finally:
  • Release this for free because even when you've implemented all these things, it still won't be on par with Synth1.
Hell, it is not even on par with 3xOSC from Image Line
I did read that wrong...you're right; even with those things implemented is a standard synth.

MCMorrise wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:03 pm [*]Same with AI. Either implement it so it's noticeable, and provide documentation, or nix it.
This is what made me compare them to Crysonic. He had a history of claiming wizz bang technology in his plugins and posted all manner of fancy text descriptions but when pressed to explain in plain language what all that technology was actually doing he either couldn't or wouldn't do so because it was all a scam. Snake Oil.

Anyway eMastered is either oblivious to the market competition or they think we are oblivious to the fact there are much better sounding, more feature rich, and much less expensive alternatives. Either way epic fail although it's possible newbies might fall for the scam. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:26 pm I happen to think Ascension was a pretty decent synth for what I paid for it ($15)
I like Ascension too. I also paid $15 and for that price I think it's a steal. It's never going to win synth of the year award but it's capable of some cool sounds as you have pointed out. :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:12 pm
MCMorrise wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:03 pm [*]Same with AI. Either implement it so it's noticeable, and provide documentation, or nix it.
This is what made me compare them to Crysonic. He had a history of claiming wizz bang technology in his plugins and posted all manner of fancy text descriptions but when pressed to explain in plain language what all that technology was actually doing he either couldn't or wouldn't do so because it was all a scam. Snake Oil.

Anyway eMastered is either oblivious to the market competition or they think we are oblivious to the fact there are much better sounding, more feature rich, and much less expensive alternatives. Either way epic fail although it's possible newbies might fall for the scam. :shrug:
If you go to their site, there is no contact us anywhere. The only way to contact these people is either through getting the demo or going to whois and looking up an email address.

I really wanted to write to them to point them to this thread so they could see the train wreck they've created. But I'm not jumping through all those hoops just to tell them they may have created the worst synth since the Timber Wolf.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:18 pm If you go to their site, there is no contact us anywhere. The only way to contact these people is either through getting the demo or going to whois and looking up an email address.
Company Information

This platform is owned and operated by eMastered. We are registered in the United States and our registered office / principal place of business is at 3900 W Alameda Ave, Suite 1200, Burbank CA 91505.
You may reach us via our contact form on our website, or by emailing support@emastered.com
Is the only info I found on them, hidden away in their privacy policy, it does seem odd though that they would have no "contact us" page/info

Return to “Instruments”