eMastered ATOM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bs, surely I have overloaded the system thrice by now :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

ooh get shakespeare here with his thrice, gadzooks!

The reactions on my video are split 56 likes to 66 dislikes. I can't decide whether people are disliking ATOM or disliking my review. LOLOLOL

MCMorrise wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:48 pm The reactions on my video are split 56 likes to 66 dislikes. I can't decide whether people are disliking ATOM or disliking my review. LOLOLOL
Solid video - no way it gets that many dislikes on content / production / quality.

Maybe these guys developed some dislike bots. They claim to have developed AI for a synth; surely they can spam your video :lol:

MCMorrise wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:48 pm The reactions on my video are split 56 likes to 66 dislikes. I can't decide whether people are disliking ATOM or disliking my review. LOLOLOL
I'll second JoeCat's "Solid" comment. You clearly know your synths, and are clearly a natural with the whole YT-vid stuff.

I think your assessment was fair, and I find it bizarre that anybody could have made it to the end of the preset play-through and think otherwise.

I'm sure you've saved at least a few people from wasting their money :tu:

JoeCat wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:45 pm Solid video - no way it gets that many dislikes on content / production / quality.
Thanks! That means a lot. I'm just getting started with videography so that's very encouraging.
JoeCat wrote: Maybe these guys developed some dislike bots. They claim to have developed AI for a synth; surely they can spam your video :lol:
Would not be surprised. :lol: :lol: :lol:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:53 pm I'll second JoeCat's "Solid" comment. You clearly know your synths, and are clearly a natural with the whole YT-vid stuff.

I think your assessment was fair, and I find it bizarre that anybody could have made it to the end of the preset play-through and think otherwise.
Thanks! That's very kind (and encouraging, since as I said, I'm a novice YouTuber). I'm a bit biased but I agree, I attempted to be objective in my review — and reasonable in my expectations. After all, if eMastered are going to sell it as the product of Grammy-winning minds at $189, it had better be REALLY good.
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: I'm sure you've saved at least a few people from wasting their money :tu:
That's what a handful of people in the comments section have said. :) I'm glad to be of assistance. Haha.

MCMorrise wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:04 amI'm a novice YouTuber
That’s the least important part of the equation. Quality of knowledge and content, while being possessed of an ability to clearly convey one’s ideas, trumps quality of presentation. Not that the presentation was bad (Not at all); just that it will improve with practice :tu:

Great video.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

@MCMorris that was a good review. You should keep doing more in the future
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

MCMorrise wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 am I did the demo. I'm making a review/sound test for YouTube but here's the dealio with Atom in short form:

As far as I can tell, "AI" does absolutely nothing. I didn't experience any mighty morphin' sounds for five whole hours.

The filter is mono-retriggered, meaning that when you use a mod envelope to open the filter, it's going to start the envelope over every time you press down another key. No sweeps, no pads, no nice polys.

There's no manual. Nope, not the slightest bit of documentation. Pressing the help button takes you to a page that returns a 404 error on the eMastered site.

You can't route the mod wheel to anything. BIG NO.

The presets are not on par with Serum or any other synth I regularly use.

Unison oscillator phase retriggers on note-on. This means you'll always get that pssshhhheeeew noise, so unison is useless for pads.

Square wave doesn't have PWM.

You have individual ADSR for each oscillator, so that's … interesting, I suppose.

Effectively, you have a very expensive, very bad FL Studio 3xosc clone.
Thanks, I saw it and thought the same.

Halonmusic wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:43 pm You should keep doing more in the future
But that would need more devs making more terrible overhyped and overpromised synths :evil:

MCMorrise wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:47 pm But I fear it's more likely they simply have no grasp of the Competition.

It would be like if I started a car company and released a vehicle that cost as much as a Ferrari but drove like a Kia.

That would make me totally oblivious to the available competition in the marketplace which is apparently what is happening with eMastered Atom........ :?
I don't think they could possibly be oblivious to just how ridiculous their idea of a good synth is. Like I noted in my video review of ATOM (linked at the bottom for newcomers), this synth presets were programmed by Ill Factor, and it was endorsed by CID. Surely they must have had alpha and beta testers too — well, I suppose eMastered might indeed be oblivious if they think they can release something that's not even alpha quality.

Nevertheless, how did nobody in the process think to say "this isn't a very high-caliber work we have" and suggest stepping it up?

This is the review, if you are curious about the $189 dumpster fire known as ATOM.
I finally got around to watching your video. Some comments below.

1. I don't know how I suffered through all those presets.

2. It's funny, while I was listening to them I was thinking to myself, "Damn, the old cheap Casio synths sound better than this thing" and then you brought up the Casio. Gotta love it.

3. I didn't know whether to thumbs up the video for being so honest or thumbs down because this synth is so damn awful. I didn't want people to think I was either endorsing the synth or criticizing the review. So I opted to do nothing. I think your feedback may very well be reflective of just that dilemma.

4. The synth sounds marginally better than those synthedit synths using just the stock modules. And at that, I'm not sure. Maybe even they sound better than this trash.

5. No mod wheel control? Seriously? Well, there goes my patch library.

6. If this wasn't so damn expensive, I'd get it and make a library for it just to see if I could get at least ONE sale. My gut tells me this may be the first synth I made no sales for at all. Truly dreadful. And people talk about MY presets.

7. I don't know what else to say except I wanted to end my bullet points with lucky number 7. Maybe that way something good could come out of this whole mess.

Anyway, thank you for your excellent review which clearly shows that you CAN mess up an ADSR and shoot yourself in the foot with a horrendous product all at the same time.

Prediction: Price will drop to $29 within a year.

That's if the company hasn't destroyed its reputation and is still around.

(Cue Platters Great Pretender Ending)

PS - Company should be sued for crimes against humanity.

MCMorrise wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:04 am That's what a handful of people in the comments section have said. :) I'm glad to be of assistance. Haha.
Ignore the likes/dislikes. The comments section is more indicative of the quality of your video. Seems to be universal acclaim there. Looks like Atom's AI is not intelligent enough yet to make negative comments.

Digivolt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:53 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:43 pm You should keep doing more in the future
But that would need more devs making more terrible overhyped and overpromised synths :evil:
:hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”