VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so, i tried the demo.
tried to tweak a few parameters and the ai said
"im afraid i cant do that dave"
:o my name isnt dave!

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:13 pm so, i tried the demo.
:clap:

[Removes notebook and pen from jacket pocket]

[Scribbles] "Not Dave"

[Returns notebook and pen whence it came]

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:10 pm
I finally got around to watching your video. Some comments below.
4. The synth sounds marginally better than those synthedit synths using just the stock modules. And at that, I'm not sure. Maybe even they sound better than this trash.
Most of those synthedit programmers understood basic synth architecture at the very least. This is like a 5-wheeled car with the exhaust running over the roof and the driver facing backwards.

What's the over/under ComputerMusic / MusicRadar still gives this thing at least 3 stars?

JoeCat wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:48 pm What's the over/under ComputerMusic / MusicRadar still gives this thing at least 3 stars?
If they do, I will lose whatever little respect I have for that magazine.

Digivolt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:53 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:43 pm You should keep doing more in the future
But that would need more devs making more terrible overhyped and overpromised synths :evil:
Don't worry, I'll make sure to review good gear too! :wink:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:10 pm I finally got around to watching your video. Some comments below.

1. I don't know how I suffered through all those presets.

2. It's funny, while I was listening to them I was thinking to myself, "Damn, the old cheap Casio synths sound better than this thing" and then you brought up the Casio. Gotta love it.

3. I didn't know whether to thumbs up the video for being so honest or thumbs down because this synth is so damn awful. I didn't want people to think I was either endorsing the synth or criticizing the review. So I opted to do nothing. I think your feedback may very well be reflective of just that dilemma.

4. The synth sounds marginally better than those synthedit synths using just the stock modules. And at that, I'm not sure. Maybe even they sound better than this trash.

5. No mod wheel control? Seriously? Well, there goes my patch library.

6. If this wasn't so damn expensive, I'd get it and make a library for it just to see if I could get at least ONE sale. My gut tells me this may be the first synth I made no sales for at all. Truly dreadful. And people talk about MY presets.

7. I don't know what else to say except I wanted to end my bullet points with lucky number 7. Maybe that way something good could come out of this whole mess.

Anyway, thank you for your excellent review which clearly shows that you CAN mess up an ADSR and shoot yourself in the foot with a horrendous product all at the same time.

Prediction: Price will drop to $29 within a year.

That's if the company hasn't destroyed its reputation and is still around.

(Cue Platters Great Pretender Ending)

PS - Company should be sued for crimes against humanity.
I don't know how I suffered through all those presets. That was maybe 1/4 of all the presets I played through too.

Also, totally get why people are doing the thumbs down. I definitely have to review good gear. LOL :hihi:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about the plastic of the CZ.

"So, remember that time when I said [alien voice] 'basic ADSR, pretty hard to mess up'? Well, I liiiieeeeed." :D :D

courtjestr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 pm Seems to be universal acclaim there. Looks like Atom's AI is not intelligent enough yet to make negative comments.
I cackled to myself at my computer.

What fresh hell is this? :o
paid dislikes maybe.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I just saw the video review. Wow this is a real scam (this synth).
I guess that then their mastering service must be on the same level of quality.

I added MCMorrise video to the first post. Looks like its being attacked by a dislike service so please go and LIKE the video to counter this unjustified attack.

plexuss wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:52 pm I added MCMorrise video to the first post. Looks like its being attacked by a dislike service so please go and LIKE the video to counter this unjustified attack.
The way youtubes algorithms work, it doesn't matter whether your vid is liked or disliked it only matters on the interaction, so paying for dislikes is a complete waste of money if you're trying to damage a youtuber :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”