Yamaha YM2612 FM chip emulator (Sega Genesis/Megadrive) - now in VST/AU/AAX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 pm
Calcobrena wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:01 pm Anybody know how this compares to Korg Gadget's Ebina/Otorii?
Aren’t those just sample players?
Oh, they both are? I only knew Otorii was, I thought Ebina was a genuine synth.

Calcobrena wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:05 pm
Calcobrena wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:01 pm Anybody know how this compares to Korg Gadget's Ebina/Otorii?
Aren’t those just sample players?
Oh, they both are? I only knew Otorii was, I thought Ebina was a genuine synth.
I’d love to know for sure. I don’t care to spend money on ROMplers.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yes, both are sample players, but decent for the job. Not often one can feel like doing music by a Genesis only by using Otorii and the RYM2612. Using authentic, varied and gritty/punchy samples. I especially like the toms. Would be cool if they add more samples with future updates,

I wish they will do a full FM version of Ebina, It's very interesting to have 3 channels of 4 ops, for that big and deep FM sound. But meanwhile it's a nice addition for the lo-fi FM palette. Kind of a vintage sampler player which can sound big, with a character.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Anyone else had MIDI/envelope timing issues with RYM2612?
I'm on OSX10.9.5 and the vst plugin is triggering randomly out of time on every DAW and with every preset.
Some notes are triggered out of time with the grid, on some notes the envelope is gated shorter, it's quite random.
I've sent Inphonik a letter, just seeing if there might be other users who have noticed this issue?

I'm having issues with getting stuck notes and there's a constant crackling noise on every sound I play, doesn't matter whether it's a preset or something I try to make myself from init

Swing them an email, they've been very helpful with me.
My issue was a specific buffer size issue, it should be ironed out in the next update.
Their public liaison is very approachable, and quite quick to respond.

Yeah I mailed them before writing the post, had a reply this morning, seems to be some issue with Studio One dropout protection when set at maximum it causes issues, very quick to respond and offer suggestions though so +1 for great support

Return to “Instruments”