looking for audio editor that can auto slice at transient

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

replicant X wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 pm I think Reaper is more better audio editor than Edison at least.
Depends on what you want to let it do... but I, for my needs, cannot agree

Trancit wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:05 am The basics they do all, but when it comes to detail work, a DAW isn´t an audio editor at all...
Tell that to all the sound designers that use it for that purpose. I still use Sound Forge for things like wavetable editing, but REAPER's largely replaced it. The only thing REAPER is missing is easy per-sample editing (i.e., dragging the value of a single sample up and down, though you can do it in indirect ways like amplitude modification) but I hardly ever need that.

When you're working with multiple sources REAPER absolutely destroys a Sound Forge workflow that requires multiple windows for each sample. When I want to slice files up, REAPER is faster and easier to tweak than in Sound Forge. I can attach non-destructive FX per item, in Sound Forge you can't apply FX per region, so you need to put each one into a new window.

But Burial made albums with Sound Forge so I'm not going to tell anyone they can't. If you want to limit what you do with software if it's more than capable of a task then you're only limiting your own possibilities. We all have workflow preferences so consider not prescribing your own to others. It's one thing to say there may be improved workflows but you can't say REAPER's not suited for OP's request.

yellowmix wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Tell that to all the sound designers that use it for that purpose...
I already said, it depends what you want to achieve...
The only thing REAPER is missing is easy per-sample editing (i.e., dragging the value of a single sample up and down, though you can do it in indirect ways like amplitude modification) but I hardly ever need that.
There is far more like i.e. creating seamless loops in samples with equal power crossfades, saving loop markers in audio files and perhaps 3000 more things...
...We all have workflow preferences so consider not prescribing your own to others...

I never did... I just wrote down what makes for me the difference between a DAW and an audio editor and that for multiple tasks Reaper isn´t as powerful for me as Edison for editing audio
...It's one thing to say there may be improved workflows but you can't say REAPER's not suited for OP's request...
Please quote me, where I said/wrote that!!

:tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”