3am - earthen (harsh drones and plonks)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/justin3am/earthen

It's been a while since I last worked any of my own music. This isn't what I would call a finished track, just messing around with some new modules. I'm still getting used to my new playback/monitoring setup, so it might be a pretty muddy in the low end. Not much going on above 2kHZ.

Looking forward to catching up on what you all have been working on, too! :)

This is great Justin, really dark and atmospheric! I love that the drone isn't constant and that it's got so much in the way of dynamics and color variation.

I don't think it's muddy at the low end at all, or at least not in a way that I think it would benefit from EQ-ing. If anything I think it might take something away from it if you do too much to the low end.

those filter sweeps :o
the rolling percussion and more electrical sounding bit near the middle is really cool, almost autechre like, where the filtered sweeps drop out
some lovely nastiness in there too :love:

new modules are great, but you do find yourself with 100s of hours of recordings but no real plan :oops:

enjoyed this ...
rich in texture ...

Great sound design. Industrial without becoming harsh or unlistenable. The sounds have weight and depth. Quite cool!

Listening to this I imagine a cave-dwelling Orc conjurer using wyvern bones to drum an electro-kalimba with one hand and a single bongo with the other. The rhythms energise rifts in space-time allowing howls of galactic wind and screams of long extinct nogdoppleflongs to pierce the silence.
:tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

listening again 8)

Thanks for listening everyone!

The typical J3am sound universe :-)
Title is appropriate.
Liked it !
Peace out.

(( D ))

drumity wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:25 pm The typical J3am sound universe :-)
Title is appropriate.
Liked it !
Peace out.

(( D ))
Thanks!

vurt wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:17 pmnew modules are great, but you do find yourself with 100s of hours of recordings but no real plan :oops:
:lol: :oops: :cry:

...and some fine scrapings in there too. Nothing wrong with the frequency balance from my perspective.

That electricity meter looks older than mine. Vintage gear.

Good work :)

I could see that being the soundtrack to like a dystopian movie/tv show

seismic1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:00 amThat electricity meter looks older than mine. Vintage gear.
:lol:
I had a new breaker box put in and when they installed the new meter, they left the old one in my backyard. It kinda fits the motif of the other junk I've left back there. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”