DMGAudio TrackComp 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Krzysztof Oktalski wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 am Enjoy the Rev A, I think it sounds great, never realised how distinct it sounded from the Rev D.
I'm getting a significant boost in the low frequencies (below 25hz) with both the 76A and 160 (on vca 200, not on the other vca model). Is this work in progress ? Or already mentioned by others ?
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:14 pm
Krzysztof Oktalski wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:31 am Enjoy the Rev A, I think it sounds great, never realised how distinct it sounded from the Rev D.
I'm getting a significant boost in the low frequencies (below 25hz) with both the 76A and 160 (on vca 200, not on the other vca model). Is this work in progress ? Or already mentioned by others ?
It's a public beta- I'm waiting for someone (ANYONE? :D) to run it against the hardware and post results. I posted that on the FB thread, but maybe that message didn't make it across here.

In both cases you may well be seeing CV leakage; particularly if it's only on the old VCA with the 160. The new VCAs are basically leakage free. But let's get someone to put it against the gear :D

I think there are circumstances where a bunch of very low frequency noise is greatly beneficial to the end result - it's easy enough for me to remove! So let's see whether it's "right". :)

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Also on the FB group I ran a lil poll for what comp people would like to see me work on next. Options were (roughly):

- EMI Zener
- Red3
- A*I2500 (and you'll send me photos of the insides)
- LA3A
- Sta-level

That's the order they came out in so far. What does KVR think?

Dave.

Here's the FB group in case you care. https://www.facebook.com/groups/145768689524084/

Dave.

DaveGamble wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:48 am Here's the FB group in case you care. https://www.facebook.com/groups/145768689524084/

Dave.
I closed my eyes and kept clicking until one option was ticked. :party: :hihi: :tu:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

I've got a Stam clone that's got Revs A/D/G modes in a single box. Can't speak to the authenticity of the clone but I could do a compare and give some thoughts if you're interested (would need a demo reset). Audioscape is another small company (this one US based) doing Rev A clones. Don't have one, but maybe you can pick one up or find someone else with one of their clones. If you're after OG Rev A's, I suspect those will be harder to come by.

Regarding what I'd like to see, anything Chandler/EMI would be high on the list, API 2500 would be good, LA-3A. One no one talks about is the ART Pro VLA II. It's an inexpensive hardware opto that gets crunchy. I won't use up the rack space for it, but it'd be something interesting to see in software.

A Chandler Zener Limiter or TG1 would be fantastic and these haven't been done repeatedly like most others on the list. In fact, the TG1 has never been modeled or sampled AFAIK, at least for public release. Both can do great smashing but also some nice squishy compression and add great drive when gained up. Cooks rock vocals especially well.

Red3 is another good choice.

The others, while they could potentially be done better, feel kind of "again, really?" but any additional models keep increasing versatility and value.

If you go for the 33609, try to find one with the metal knobs or the J/D Japanese discrete version. Or even a 32264 would be very close but still novel in plugin land!

DaveGamble wrote:
It's a public beta- I'm waiting for someone (ANYONE? :D) to run it against the hardware and post results. I posted that on the FB thread, but maybe that message didn't make it across here.
You could try your Gearslutz release thread too. There may be more users with hardware collections over there. I was surprised not to find anything about the betas there so posted something to let people know about new models.

I actually came back to KVR after years of being away just to find info on Trackcomp, hah. I had no idea you had a Facebook group and try to avoid that platform wherever possible.

Dave, any chance for API 2500 emu?

What do you mean, in TrackComp or different plugin?

perfumer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:26 am What do you mean, in TrackComp or different plugin?
In TrackComp...

It's strange to see developers rely on Facebook so much and expecting us to have accounts there. Maybe it's an age thing.

I established an Facebook account recently, but it’s a “read-only” thing for me: only pages I’m following are audio tech vendors. It’s way faster (ie less interaction) than KVR/GS if you just want the news about product intros, updates, etc. If you sign up with an unused email addy and don’t post, FB knows very little about you.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:46 pm I established an Facebook account recently, but it’s a “read-only” thing for me: only pages I’m following are audio tech vendors. It’s way faster (ie less interaction) than KVR/GS if you just want the news about product intros, updates, etc. If you sign up with an unused email addy and don’t post, FB knows very little about you.
Except all the things you're interested in, which they'll monitor by what you read and will then be sold to advertisers along with your email address and any other data you provided as part of the sign up process. Even something as seemingly innocuous as a mobile phone number alone can provide a TON of real-world information about the person it belongs to - so if they have that (maybe for two-factor authentication) then that's out there too. Great article in the Times this weekend about what you can find on a person just based on a mobile number. Then once you start doing giant database joins on things like email address, mobile, interests, etc. there's enough data out there to build scary-detailed profiles, or for hackers to potentially use for fraud. Every interaction produces data, all of which can be combined and joined with data from other sources once you have one or two identifies. I'm not on Facebook, but I'm on Instagram so I'm sure they've got a ton of similar data on me. It is what it is, but I'd warn against the assumption that by signing up with unimportant email address and not posting that you're in the clear and evading these types of privacy concerns.

Compressors you say? :hihi:

And I'd think developers would be the first to realize these things and would act accordingly.

Return to “Effects”