Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Maybe one day, soft synth GUI's will behave like responsive websites. :) Would definitely be a interesting approach.

Will there be an arp for every oscillator or maybe have a switch on the oscillators to bypass the arp individually if it´s global?
Can we have different grid sizes on the x-axis and y-axis so the MSEG could work like a little sequencer?

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Sorry for beeing not able to answer to all requests. I am currently very busy with programming. However i have read all your requests and give you an update what's happening:

Today 5 additional LFOs with true random behaviour have been added:
White Noise, Bandlimited Noise, S&H Noise, S&H Noise Ramped, S&H Noise Digital
The old random-types have been renamed to pseudo-random, which is a more accurate description of what they do.

You have made several good suggestions for the MSEGs. I am currently implementing them.

I have noted the request for a flat-sytle gui. There will be an optional skin for this. One artist if currently doing experiments with it.

The GUI will be available in at least 9 color styles.

The GUI shown on the screenshot is the smaller one with Full-HD style. There exists also a larger one which is designed for WQHD and 4K screens.

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:39 am Thanks a lot for the feedback. Sorry for beeing not able to answer to all requests. I am currently very busy with programming. However i have read all your requests and give you an update what's happening:

The old random-types have been renamed to pseudo-random, which is a more accurate description of what they do.

You have made several good suggestions for the MSEGs. I am currently implementing them.
:clap:

Vortifex wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:43 am
Markus Krause wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:39 am Thanks a lot for the feedback. Sorry for beeing not able to answer to all requests. I am currently very busy with programming. However i have read all your requests and give you an update what's happening:

:clap:
+1
Fernando (FMR)

db3 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:04 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:05 pm
Amram wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:30 pm what is that ugly red?
The second filters knobs you mean? Yeah those kind of stand out for no good reason. I think they should just be the same as the other controls. It's not like your eyes should be drawn to the controls of Filter #2.
It represents the second filter being red in the shared graphic display. Currently the second filter is grey in Icarus with shared controls. I think I'd prefer a separate display for each filter with same colour theme — even if that meant them having the smaller display or sacrificing elsewhere.
Oh right of course! I mean you could also have the red color be on the filter 2 text or some other red indicator but I see what they are going for.

MPE please! Would love to use this with my linnstrument!

I have noted the request for a flat-sytle gui. There will be an optional skin for this. One artist if currently doing experiments with it.

The GUI will be available in at least 9 color styles.

The GUI shown on the screenshot is the smaller one with Full-HD style. There exists also a larger one which is designed for WQHD and 4K screens.
awesome! :clap: :party:

Sometimes the developers on this community realy raise the bar.
Well done Markus and Tone2, listening and interaction 100% :clap: :party:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:43 pm Sometimes the developers on this community realy raise the bar.
Indeed.
Kudos.
rsp
sound sculptist

While I look forward to it, this is an odd one for sure. Icarus was on sale for ~$100, it makes no sense to ask loyal users 70 EURO (!) or even 50 euro for an upgrade, when eventually on sale it becomes close to the $100.

also, current Icarus owners will pay up to 270 EURO in total for a synth when new users will pay less than that even at full price.

I bought a couple of your synths but the upgrade paths are sometimes ridiculous... and I end up dropping it.

even sometimes when using the synths I contemplate buying some new banks or "expansions", but as these usually go for $40 or $50 (!) each I never got any... even in a 50% off I'm not sure they're no brainers...

instead of regarding current users as "captive audience" who pays no matter what, make it be worthwhile to be your loyal customer (if only due to the fact we have to bear some very obtrusive copy protection measures..).

tristan- wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:22 pm While I look forward to it, this is an odd one for sure. Icarus was on sale for ~$100, it makes no sense to ask loyal users 70 EURO (!) or even 50 euro for an upgrade, when eventually on sale it becomes close to the $100.

also, current Icarus owners will pay up to 270 EURO in total for a synth when new users will pay less than that even at full price.

I bought a couple of your synths but the upgrade paths are sometimes ridiculous... and I end up dropping it.

even sometimes when using the synths I contemplate buying some new banks or "expansions", but as these usually go for $40 or $50 (!) each I never got any... even in a 50% off I'm not sure they're no brainers...

instead of regarding current users as "captive audience" who pays no matter what, make it be worthwhile to be your loyal customer (if only due to the fact we have to bear some very obtrusive copy protection measures..).
still, developers have a right to charge for (seriously) reworking their product; plus you can say you've had a year (or whatever) of use ahead of someone coming to the plugin for the first time.

what's wrong with the copy protection? i install a tone2 synth with the license key, and never think about it again.

SLiC wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:43 pm Sometimes the developers on this community realy raise the bar.
+100!

Icarus 2 will be relased in Autum/Winter, according to Markus.
My strategy is as follows: I will start to save $1 a day beginning from now until the day of the release :D

Jokes aside, I agree that the upgrade price for owners of the previous version is too high.
The major update from Hive 1 to Hive 2 was only $20.

Ultimately you don't just get that update, you get all the .1 .2 .5 .7 etc updates after that free with good developers, and Tone 2 have been one of the more generous develope3rs in that respect with even quite large 0.5 updates free. I have no hesitation in staying with this synth for 2.1 2.2 2.5 etc for the cost of the update.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”