Soundtoys 6 - What would you like to see?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe some mid/side multiband options in the rack so they could apply to any of their plugins/combos.

Do they charge a lot for updates? Only bought 5 recently...
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

simmo75 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 am I love Soundtoys sound but they’re so fugly!
I hope they redo their GUI’s from scratch and make them resizable.
Agreed - the GUIs are very bad and many controls are way too small for fast work even on non-4K monitors. This holds me back to use SoundToys (I have everything from them) more often ... all this fiddly crap makes me angry.

fese wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 am Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud, real time SPICE based analogue modeling! It's the shit. No plugin is complete without it!
I'd also add quantum computing optimization, SkyNet upload capabilities, and 22.4 surround compatibility.

A nice flat design GUI would suit me nice
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:46 pm
fese wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 am Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud, real time SPICE based analogue modeling! It's the shit. No plugin is complete without it!
I'd also add quantum computing optimization, SkyNet upload capabilities, and 22.4 surround compatibility.
I heard one of the devs complaining that every time they try to add Skynet upload capabilities a naked dude appears in ball lightning and smashes their computer.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:10 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:46 pm
I heard one of the devs complaining that every time they try to add Skynet upload capabilities a naked dude appears in ball lightning and smashes their computer.
That's a feature, not a bug.

I would like an interface overhaul and I think the Freak Filter could be expanded/enhanced with advanced sequencer and added features - something akin to Tantra but with that Soundtoys sound in a nice interface would float my boat.

Oversampling and better GUI

More wood!
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:17 pm More wood!
Wooden knobs, wooden numerical displays, wooden LFO graphs.

Also, chickenheads and sliders.

I'd like to have a choice between rosewood, mahogany and oak, thank you!

Word is the wood look is out. They are going with a Flintstones Bedrock look, everything is in stone with pteradactyl head knobs. I have seen the mockups and it totally rocks!

LittlePlate and LittleAlterboy add to rack.
And big versions of both, yes.

jbarish wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:03 pm Oversampling. How the f**k have Soundtoys not implemented it yet???? Their plugs alias like hell!
???????

Dostoyevsky wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:42 am Oversampling and better GUI
Again, please explain the oversampling part :)

I own all the SoundToys plugs. I love how they sound except that they do alias quite a bit because they have no oversampling Oversampling is one way to deal with aliasing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliasing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4bVbXfdW4

Return to “Effects”