Loopmasters Loopcloud 5 going subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thing is exceptionally buggy. I tried to investigate the cloud storage problem I had mentioned above in this thread at which point the cloud storage folder disappeared completely. It gave me an error "Cloud storage folder not found. Please re-sync." Which I did, but without any success. I then deleted the entire installation, installed again and now Loopcloud insists that I exceeded the installation limit even though I did everything on the same machine. I contacted support. Let's see where this goes but it is not looking good at the moment.

Edit: Loopmasters support reset the installation limit (very fast response, thanks!). But the problem persists. The cloud storage folder is no longer available. The fresh reinstallation did not help.

It is extremely annoying that changes are not applied in realtime, but only after releasing the mouse button.

Also, I couldn't find an way to save a complete 8-track pattern. Is there no such option?

Reefius wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm It is extremely annoying that changes are not applied in realtime, but only after releasing the mouse button.
Jim quoted me on this issue earlier so fingers crossed it gets switched. I really can't see an upside to having to release the mouse button to hear any differences applied.

@jcredland Thanks for the reply :tu: What I meant regarding the drum and play instruments is - I go to my library, choose loopcloud drum from the format filter, I see a list of .icdk instruments...then how do I open them / the drum player?

twolegstoneworks wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:44 am @loopmasters. Thanks for getting in here and answer questions.
Signed up for Studio subscription - and I had hoped that this change to subscription would open up the door to all the packs in your catalog. E.g. I cant seem to find a single product related to the Future House genre? Will Loopcloud still only hold a selection of packs and not the entire catalog?
+1
I think this really important info to know. Why would we subscribe if 100% of content isn't available?

Thanks

Reefius wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm Also, I couldn't find an way to save a complete 8-track pattern. Is there no such option?
It's coming. Just need to finish testing it.

I know there have been bugs but I am really enjoying using loopcloud as a subscriber and have already used many samples in my projects ... The promise is really awesome and I am eagerly waiting for some of the bugs to be worked out.

1. This is bugging me the most. Do we not have access to all products on loopmasters? Like I can't find "Tabla grooves" or "Hamsa".

2. Searching within products would be very very useful. Is that something you are working on? I hope.

3. I love the multitrack functionality, it would be great to have (1) a way to save multitracks so you can come back to things and (2) a way to export multiple samples at the same time with the correct nomenclature (and not "multitrackxyz").

4. One very cool idea is to have the ability to contribute to a "user" multitrack folder where you can share your multitracks and use other people's multitracks. That would be a win win ... users will be able to use cool tracks from other users and loopmasters would be able to sell more!

Anyhow, I am really enjoying this. Thanks for all the creative energies!

I'd love to see an eq per track. I know we have a filter, but it's not ideal for mixing multiple tracks.

m-ac wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:08 pm I'd love to see an eq per track.
This is on the list. We have a couple of other effects to add as well.

edit: to expand on this the editor obviously started as just a preview player, and then it grew editing, range selection, and now it's almost a mini-DAW so there are a few features we still need to add as it comes of age. EQ and saving sessions being two of the obvious ones, as well as making it respond faster to changes (rather than waiting for mouse-up) :)
Last edited by jcredland on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 1. This is bugging me the most. Do we not have access to all products on loopmasters? Like I can't find "Tabla grooves" or "Hamsa".
Matt will need to answer this!
shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 2. Searching within products would be very very useful. Is that something you are working on? I hope.
Give me an idea of the type of search you'd like to run? You can filter by tag already.
shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 3. I love the multitrack functionality, it would be great to have (1) a way to save multitracks so you can come back to things and (2) a way to export multiple samples at the same time with the correct nomenclature (and not "multitrackxyz").
(1) should be done in a week or two max.

(2) this will be fixed (tomorrow) for normal exports of one file, how would you name a mixed export file?
shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 4. One very cool idea is to have the ability to contribute to a "user" multitrack folder where you can share your multitracks and use other people's multitracks. That would be a win win ... users will be able to use cool tracks from other users and loopmasters would be able to sell more!
That sounds fun!

I asked Support for v4. I was told it's no longer supported. I was directed to the v5 page. I asked again for v4 and said I didn't mind if it was unsupported. I was asked why I wanted v4. I directed the support desk to my initial post about why I wanted a copy of v4. I haven't heard from them since.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 2. Searching within products would be very very useful. Is that something you are working on? I hope.

Give me an idea of the type of search you'd like to run? You can filter by tag already.
Lets say I like a product "Blackout" by cinetools. If I am looking for a "Reverse" "Riser" in "Blackout" I can't do it. I can only search for "Reverse" "Riser" which looks at all products. Adding product to search criteria should not be that complicated.
shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 3. I love the multitrack functionality, it would be great to have (1) a way to save multitracks so you can come back to things and (2) a way to export multiple samples at the same time with the correct nomenclature (and not "multitrackxyz").

(1) should be done in a week or two max.

(2) this will be fixed (tomorrow) for normal exports of one file, how would you name a mixed export file?

Fantastic on 1.

On 2, I am not worried about naming the files. If people want the original name, they can download the "original file" ... so that is not a big problem. The problem is when you want not a mixed file, but separated tracks. If I want all 8 samples in a 8 track that I created, now I have to go to each sample and download it separately. I should be able to download all 8 with one click. That is again a win win ... we get access to more samples faster, and you sell more samples.
shiv10 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:12 pm 4. One very cool idea is to have the ability to contribute to a "user" multitrack folder where you can share your multitracks and use other people's multitracks. That would be a win win ... users will be able to use cool tracks from other users and loopmasters would be able to sell more!

That sounds fun!
It is a cool idea. But having developed software before, I know this is a very complicated request. But if you can do it, there will be nothing like it. And because it will encourage community interaction, it will increase the usage of Loopcloud.

Best of luck!

Aloysius wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm I asked Support for v4. I was told it's no longer supported. I was directed to the v5 page. I asked again for v4 and said I didn't mind if it was unsupported. I was asked why I wanted v4. I directed the support desk to my initial post about why I wanted a copy of v4. I haven't heard from them since.

Did you hear back from them eventually?

I don't like the v5 interface at all and v4 does all I want. I misplaced my installer though and only kept v3, which will have to do if I can't get v4 somewhere.

Does anyone have the v4 installer?

I emailed support asking them for a link so who knows, they may get back to me in a couple of days.

Also there is no way to contact support from their website, the link just takes you to a FAQ page, with no way to contact them. I used the addy I got when I registered and had to confirm, so hopefully that works.

It's all a bit of a mess.

codec_spurt wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:30 pm I asked Support for v4. I was told it's no longer supported. I was directed to the v5 page. I asked again for v4 and said I didn't mind if it was unsupported. I was asked why I wanted v4. I directed the support desk to my initial post about why I wanted a copy of v4. I haven't heard from them since.

Did you hear back from them eventually?

I don't like the v5 interface at all and v4 does all I want. I misplaced my installer though and only kept v3, which will have to do if I can't get v4 somewhere.

Does anyone have the v4 installer?

I emailed support asking them for a link so who knows, they may get back to me in a couple of days.

Also there is no way to contact support from their website, the link just takes you to a FAQ page, with no way to contact them. I used the addy I got when I registered and had to confirm, so hopefully that works.

It's all a bit of a mess.
http://support.loopmasters.com/

Searching for 'Free' crashes the latest version (5.0.18) here on Windows 10.
On the positive side, the dark colour scheme is back.

Rivanni wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:57 am Searching for 'Free' crashes the latest version (5.0.18) here on Windows 10.
On the positive side, the dark colour scheme is back.
I'm having the same issue, albeit with 5.0.17. I'm taking a look at ADSR's sample manager at the moment, to see if that does what I need without the crashes. I also find navigating the new version slower than v4...maybe need to see if I still have the v4 installer.

Return to “Instruments”