IK Multimedia releases MODO DRUM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO DRUM

bill45 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm
whannel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 pm Managed to free up 11GB in a Surface 4 (i5 fanless 7300U) using an SD to install it from in the end, would be great if there's any way to reduce the disk size or put samples somewhere else like SD or external HDD one day.

Unfortunately when unplugged from power supply this laptop goes into lower CPU modes (struggles playing one instance of a good synth with fx that way sometimes - I'm sure there's a way round eco modes but my old Surface 2 changed that setting way easier).

This was the same in FL struggling a lot, yet was fine as standalone version! Plugged into power it's fine in FL, though it says 60%+ CPU usage sometimes for me. I might need to bounce a few sounds down in a bigger mix till I get a proper PC, or if it varies a bit between DAWs if anyone knows yet let us know...

All sounding good to me, any more modelled drum types in future would be amazing, well done.
First, thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated and glad you and others are really enjoying MODO DRUM. On the topic of sample location, currently the Windows installer will ask you for a general location (separate from the plugin format locations later in the process) where you can change the drive which will place the samples on that drive. But we're also planning to allow the samples to be installed to a custom location in a future update.
So, we can put the the samples on a separate drive? My 10 year old system drive is pretty full.
The Windows installer prompts you for a location initially (not the plugin locations, those come later in the process) and will do so during this installation. The Mac installer unfortunately won't but there should be a workaround and the team is already working on a future update to allow MODO DRUM to specify library location.

Speaking of 10-year-old systems, also please make sure your system supports AVX instructions that are required. Thanks.

@bill45
I had the same concern but it turns out you can install the whole application anywhere you want. Only the actual plugins need to be installed in the standard locations. So, just pick a drive with spare space and choose that as the install location.

Anyone else having issues dropping midi grooves into a Studio One session? Instead of the groove dropping into the track, it prompts me with a message about allowing general midi, then opens an entirely new project/song page where it drops the groove.

Never had this issue with any other drum instrument. I submitted a ticket with IK, but thought I'd check here since the group usually responds faster than support.

UPDATE: IK Support says it's a known bug and they're working to fix it

I have drops midi to project issue too, I'm using Cubase 10. It's nothing happen when drag and drop from grooves browser.
* one more issue: seems like sending from Bus to Fx is not working. I'm make parallel compressor in Fx, Kick and Snare send to Fx, all Toms going Bus, and Bus send to Fx, but only Kick and snare have signal on Fx.
* more issue: when change body of Toms to Point or Sharp. I hear out of tune between Top and Bottom surface. I must tuning bottom to 10.0 to get it right. Rounded is fine. Only Point and Sharp type.
** update: change snare body will make out of tune between Rimshot and Center hit.

P/s: I'm a fan of Drums so hopefully IK will fix some small issue and improve sound quality in next update (especialy Overhead)

Anybody have this issue?
Last edited by kaiyp123 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Several people, including myself, are unable to drop the MIDI grooves. IK is aware of the issue and are working on a fix.

Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Is there a Total Studio 3 Max coming any time soon?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Well actually i think this video really show the lack of dynamics.
The soft snare hits has far too much attack sound, not at all what it sounds like when playing a real snare very soft
If these drums were 100% modeled this would not be an issue
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Peter, will you be adding the ability to edit the drum patterns like BFD3 or SD3?
I’m a little surprised this isn’t possible at the price point tbh. Sounds f**king great though!

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:43 am Is there a Total Studio 3 Max coming any time soon?
I don't have any news on an upcoming version of Total Studio MAX but we'll surely share it when we do. It definitely won't be in place before the introductory pricing on MODO DRUM is done, though.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm Peter, will you be adding the ability to edit the drum patterns like BFD3 or SD3?
I’m a little surprised this isn’t possible at the price point tbh. Sounds f**king great though!
I've relayed this request and asked the devs. Thanks for the kind words about the sound!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:27 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:43 am Is there a Total Studio 3 Max coming any time soon?
I don't have any news on an upcoming version of Total Studio MAX but we'll surely share it when we do. It definitely won't be in place before the introductory pricing on MODO DRUM is done, though.
Sure it won't, but I'm trying to ignore my GAS to hold out for upgrading my TS2MAX eventually. MODO DRUM, Sampletank 4, Tape Machines etc - fair few interesting additions hopefully.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:37 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:27 pm
Sure it won't, but I'm trying to ignore my GAS to hold out for upgrading my TS2MAX eventually. MODO DRUM, Sampletank 4, Tape Machines etc - fair few interesting additions hopefully.
Just emphasizing what I like best up there :)

wondering? does anyone have any experience with MODO Drums and e-drums... i have a Roland TD17kvx... just wondering how MODO Drums and e-drums works together (especially the hi-hat triggering)...

thanks in advance...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:07 pm
bill45 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm
whannel wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 pm Managed to free up 11GB in a Surface 4 (i5 fanless 7300U) using an SD to install it from in the end, would be great if there's any way to reduce the disk size or put samples somewhere else like SD or external HDD one day.

Unfortunately when unplugged from power supply this laptop goes into lower CPU modes (struggles playing one instance of a good synth with fx that way sometimes - I'm sure there's a way round eco modes but my old Surface 2 changed that setting way easier).

This was the same in FL struggling a lot, yet was fine as standalone version! Plugged into power it's fine in FL, though it says 60%+ CPU usage sometimes for me. I might need to bounce a few sounds down in a bigger mix till I get a proper PC, or if it varies a bit between DAWs if anyone knows yet let us know...

All sounding good to me, any more modelled drum types in future would be amazing, well done.
First, thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated and glad you and others are really enjoying MODO DRUM. On the topic of sample location, currently the Windows installer will ask you for a general location (separate from the plugin format locations later in the process) where you can change the drive which will place the samples on that drive. But we're also planning to allow the samples to be installed to a custom location in a future update.
So, we can put the the samples on a separate drive? My 10 year old system drive is pretty full.
The Windows installer prompts you for a location initially (not the plugin locations, those come later in the process) and will do so during this installation. The Mac installer unfortunately won't but there should be a workaround and the team is already working on a future update to allow MODO DRUM to specify library location.

Speaking of 10-year-old systems, also please make sure your system supports AVX instructions that are required. Thanks.
Thanks, The modo bass Demo runs fine.Does it requireAVX instructions?

Return to “Instruments”