UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Whywhy wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:09 am In MPE mode,
It is possible to keytrack the comb filter or the digital eq with the Pitch (X) controller ?
Digital Eq : frequency mod by X (mod2 bi) :
0.34 Approximately follow the pitch .

But , this value doesn't work for the comb filter.... if someone has a solution, it could be useful for expressive mpe patches.
Best
YY

i can't get a midi keyboard working with UVI workstation.

i found an FAQ page that says go File > Audio and MIDI Settings

but "file" is only in standalone mode, and once i set it up, it still doesn't work when using in ableton as VST, not standalone.

can anyone help?

Works just fine in Live 10.1 here... Plays just like any other instrument plugin.

About x mod the comb filter frequency:
0.40 works !
Best
YY

Something that can be improved with Falcon: mounted banks management. I have presets made on the mac that don't work under Windows version because the mounted bank (in my case Beatbox Anthology) is not mounted at a path that matches exactly the original mac path (/Users/Shared/UVI). And of course, the "find all samples" option is not finding anything even when pointing the browser at the root of the "not found" bank that is effectively right under Falcon's eyes, mounted.

This should be more flexible imho. The whole point of having mounting points is to make the system as reliable as possible (and path-agnostic). Using paths relative to the mount point root, rather than a full OS path - and a working sample finder tool would be welcome also :)

Can i ask, whats so special on Falcon ?

I bought it today. First i found the handling really annoying to be honest.

Then i tested the factory presets. Those sounds should convince me but what?...
Every genre in the factory presets is full of non usable arp presets and wannabe rebuilds of popsongs 1 key crap :D
I mean wtf. Is that the reason why they don't offer a demoversion? I have played 1 hour with it and became an infinite press in the stomach to waste my money for this kind of whatever it is. :D

Sorry but i felt forced to post this!
Happy Falconing!

Edit: Ah forgot. If someone is interested in buying my license, PM me!
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

ReboundAudio wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:07 pm Can i ask, whats so special on Falcon ?

Every genre in the factory presets is full of non usable arp presets and wannabe rebuilds of popsongs 1 key crap :D
I mean wtf. Is that the reason why they don't offer a demoversion? I have played 1 hour with it and became an infinite press in the stomach to waste my money for this kind of whatever it is. :D

Happy Falconing!

Falcon is one of the most flexible and powerful synths available. Its a synth, if you don't like the preset sounds, program your own, it is capable of just about anything and sounds as good or better than any other VST I own; its a 'workstation' of a synth, so it takes some learning.

There are a ton of YT videos playing the presets showing exactly how its sounds and how it is programmed, so you can check it out without a demo....but you will have no problem selling your licence, not many people sell it!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

ReboundAudio wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:07 pm Can i ask, whats so special on Falcon ?

Happy Falconing!

It's got a steep learning curve for sure. That's why there are patch tutorials in the manual. It's totally understandable if you don't feel like putting in the time to learn it -- that's something that some people like and others don't -- but you absolutely won't get a sense for how deep it is after 1 hour, and you won't get that from the presets either. For me, it's my favorite software instrument ever; it's the deepest synth I know of (outside of, say, building your own synth in Reaktor or max/msp). The synthesis, modulation, and FX possibilities are light years ahead of other synths. But, again, if you're just interested in going thru presets and don't feel like putting in the time to learn its workflow, Falcon definitely isn't for you. It's purely a matter of taste.

I'm more the sounddesign guy. But honestly.

I need a synth which is easy to handle and i can get to a quick result. I have no time to learn complicated ways, when there are easier ways to reach the goals. This one needs a study and i'm not really satisfited with the sound i hear to be honest. Sry. Not questionable because it's of course taste.

I just posted here because it's annyoing to not have a demoversion. You could save yourself some effort.

I've already posted it into the selling board here. :tu:
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

ReboundAudio wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:39 pm I'm more the sounddesign guy. But honestly.

I need a synth which is easy to handle and i can get to a quick result. I have no time to learn complicated ways, when there are easier ways to reach the goals. This one needs a study and i'm not really satisfited with the sound i hear to be honest. Sry. Not questionable because it's of course taste.

I just posted here because it's annyoing to not have a demoversion. You could save yourself some effort.

I've already posted it into the selling board here. :tu:
The mistake you made is quite commonn: instead of adapting yourself to the new tool's workflow (to use it optimally), you tried to force your own workflow into the new tool and obviously doesn't work.

If you want "easy to handle and quick result" just build a fixed-architecture synth inside Falcon and there you have it. Falcon can run way lighter on resources than Rapid or (lol) Avenger (compared using similar patches in terms of complexity) and can grow immensely, way beyond anything achievable with a fixed architecture synth.

But again, you need the mindset for it. If you only like to do the same type of sounds in different fixed-architecture synths, then clearly Falcon is overkill for the task.

Watch Dan Worrall's videos on Falcon.

Oh my gosh it's my misstake again! :hihi: (irony off)
It has nothing to do with the mindset. :dog:

The user interface is utter bullshit in this piece of shit software.
You can't even right click to add an osc or sampler or whatever you want.
This is, how ALL programms of the world works.
Userfriendly and with joy to work with.

It is million lightyears away from a userfriendly workbase and it should really have a demoversion!!!
I would never have wasted one cent in this crap if i had the possibilty to test it before. I'm really sad and mad about that now. :(

And why you (lol) about Avenger / Rapid :?:

ReboundAudio wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:29 pm Oh my gosh it's my misstake again! :hihi: (irony off)
It has nothing to do with the mindset. :dog:

The user interface is utter bullshit in this piece of shit software.
This is, how ALL programms of the world works.
Userfriendly and with joy to work with.

It is million lightyears away from a userfriendly workbase and it should really have a demoversion!!!
I would never have wasted one cent in this crap if i had the possibilty to test it before. I'm really sad and mad about that now. :(

And why you (lol) about Avenger / Rapid :?:
:hihi: :hihi: stop posting here. we get it; you hate Falcon :tu:

I love it :love: :love: :love:

ReboundAudio wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:29 pm The user interface is utter bullshit in this piece of shit software.
My point exactly: you try to do things in Falcon the way YOU are used to. And Falcon does not behave as YOU expect to. Learn how to use it, adapt your workflow to suit Falcon and it will work fine.

It’s like coming from a manual-gearbox car to a semiauto rally car: the gears do not shift the same way. If you’re stubborn to use your own style, you will not be able to drive that rally car. Simple as that.

ReboundAudio wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:29 pm And why you (lol) about Avenger / Rapid :?:
The “lol” was for Avenger: a fellow user just noticed how big memory eater that synth can be. Falcon is as lighter as Serum, for basic patches.
Rapid is cool as long as you don’t try to import stuff to it - Falcon takes ANY type of content with drag and drop (if that’s not “rapid”, I don’t know what else is).
And then the effects in Falcon swipe the floor with both Rapid and Avenger. Not to mention the synth engines. By the way, Falcon can sound as you want it to sound, provided you spend some time to hear how the synth modules behave together with the effects.

I think you make a mistake by not properly exploring this instrument. Just explore, with no expectations and no preconceived ideas. Try to form an objective opinion before a very subjective one based on your previous experience.
This kind of resistence to “new” (and lack of flexibility) never helps on the long term.

I’m out of this specific topic, I think the same too, stop posting here if just want to have a problem to yell about while ignoring all the advice that could solve that problem.

Return to “Instruments”