7Aliens Catanya - Music Phrase Arpeggiator

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
chaosWyrM
KVRAF
1831 posts since 29 Apr, 2010 from NYC

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 pm

listonos wrote:is still available here
http://www.shareit.com/product.html?car ... =300328465
why anyone would pay 52 bucks for that when nora is the same price i cant understand.

:shrug:
ImageImageImage

tatanka
KVRian
1153 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Re: 7Aliens Catanya - Music Phrase Arpeggiator

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi chaoswyrm,

answer is simple for a simple guy like me:

- catanya I understand and it works, it brings me basses, piano, guitar etc. arps just with a click on it in the preset browser, and it works STILL in 2017 with no problems at all (at least for me, on win 64 bit, all my daw, freestyle)
- nora for a simple minded guy like me I dont understand, I have problems evrytime to even find the preset browser (I tried the cm version MORE then one time)

Maybe its just that simple: catanya just a simple solution for simple man like me :lol:

cryophonik
KVRAF
5296 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Elk Grove, CA

Post Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:10 pm

listonos wrote:is still available here
http://www.shareit.com/product.html?car ... =300328465
That shows v1, not v2. I would not recommend trying to buy an outdated version of a plugin by defunct developer from a third party site. Just give me the $52 if you're that desperate to throw your money away. :D

soundmagus
KVRist
237 posts since 2 Feb, 2005 from Swindon, England

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:56 am

Does anyone have a copy of V2? i have a licence for it which i purchased some time back but 7Aliens has disappeared into the ether and i cant find it anywhere.

Mark

sizemore0409
KVRist
50 posts since 16 May, 2014

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:11 pm

I've been trying to reach the developer for many years; been trying to use the Internet to do detective work and track him down. No luck. I primarily wanted to tell him that Catanya is the most amazing arpeggio plugin, providing infinite ways to help the creative composer make beautiful music. Years ago, I saw several people post very unflattering things about him and Catanya. Those people are either morons or insane, or both. The time, effort and creativity that went into producing Catanya (and its 1200 awesome presets) is utterly astounding. I would very much like to congratulate the developer, and see what else his genius could produce; but the heartless idiots apparently discouraged him, and we haven't heard from him in about 7 years. Shame on them. We have all lost tremendously, whether you know it or not. I hope one day he reads this, and decides to reach out to me. I rarely come to KVR anymore, because of the posters with bad attitude, but he can reach me through my SoundCloud page: soundcloud.com/a-sizemore

Orbit-50
KVRAF
2326 posts since 29 Jun, 2005 from La La Land

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Dude, the only moron is you. The developer just abandoned his customers. If you want to give him the keys to the city, then you just go ahead and do that, but I have no respect for developers who do crap like they did, and I'm glad I never did purchase it. I sensed the lack of development immediately, not to mention that they were just flat-out weird as a company, and there were others who probably figured it out quickly also. So you can search for them for the rest of your life in the hopes that they will reach out to you, and you can keep on keepin on with your outdated, underdeveloped, abandoned plugin from 10 years ago if you will, but don't go slagging people for for calling a spade a spade. They are who we thought they were.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

fisherKing
KVRAF
1936 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:51 pm

" I rarely come to KVR anymore, because of the posters with bad attitude"...

yet you feel you had to revive THREE old threads to post this? with the same text? why not just ONE thread? and you blame others for the developer's disappearance? that he's not responsible for his own choices, or was just too weak to handle some comments on an internet forum?

maybe... time to move on; maybe he does not want to be tracked down.

if the plugin is so good, use it, enjoy it... and let the developer (and people here) get on with their lives as well. just my thoughts, of course. 8)
always one plugin short of perfection...

Return to “Instruments”