Madrona Labs - Aaltoverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The reverb portion of Aalto as a separate product: $35

https://madronalabs.com/products/aaltoverb

Tested the demo; sounds very lush. I only miss a modulation section (speed and depth).
Randy said he might be able to add it in a future version, he liked the idea

Instant buy.

Will be demoing soon.

I really don’t need another reverb, but somehow I seem to suffer from a sort of Pokémon syndrome when it comes to Madrona Labs products. I’ll check it out soon!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

On my system every vst3 GUI is not displaying correctly. Using Ableton Live 10.1 on win8. Every GUI appears very large and only the top corner of it making most of the ones I've tried unusable. I've dropped a ticket to Ableton about it...

This is still usable though as I can use the Ableton configured controls, sounds really nice. I was considering picking up Valhalla Plate for a long while to compliment Vintage Verb but might switch things up and get this.

No clicks? Every reverb on the planet should learn from that!
Add a source with sharp high freq content, and your oh so great 100-200-300 dollar reverb is useless at handling it. Nasty clicks and glitches galore.

And now this! A round of applause for Madrona Labs!

Cool, I've been automating the Aalto reverb for years now and am all for a more versatile standalone. Great that the new codebase is geared towards future development!

Ive been having lots of fun testing this over the last few weeks, think of it as more of a live tool than a workhorse reverb. I especially like modulating the input for short bursts of sound into the infinite tails then slowly modulating the size. The filter is also a great addition and adds a unique sound. The whole thing feels alive and with the right settings and sound sources it can sound amazing!
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

An automation section would have been spiffy. Yeah, the DAW does it, but convenience. Will demo tonight, though!

Should be free for Aalto owners imho.

Prepares to get slaughtered by a Madrona Labs fanboi for stating the obvious.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:36 am Should be free for Aalto owners imho.

Prepares to get slaughtered by a Madrona Labs fanboi for stating the obvious.
Historically it was always supposed to be free, Randy himself said this a couple of times
https://madronalabs.com/topics/5324-madrona-labs-fx

But this isn't just the reverb from Aalto anymore and it's taken more work that Randy initially planned.
I think 35 dollars is a fair price and I would have happily paid it if I wasn't lucky enough to be on the beta team, Purely just to support one of my favorite devs.

I guess a crossgrade offer would have been nice but i'm not sure how he would have achieved it being
such a small company with minimal payment options as it is.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

randy
Wed, Feb 03, 2016, 09:56

Definitely the reverb, which I will bring back as a freebie one of these days. Maybe the others too. Thanks for the thoughts.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I like UltraReverb and BlackHole for the pitch shifting trick by tweaking the reverb size, but this new plugin seems to push it to a new extreme. Sequencing the 'size' parameter or simply mapping it to a controller knob to write automations is quite fun.

Very likely to buy it somewhere the future.

Great price and sounds fantastic! I need to pick this up. :hyper:

I like its simplicity; if Madrona adds some LFOs, cool, but I can certainly live without them. Simplicity is an upside in Altoverb's case. Honestly I hope Randy decides to leave this reverb as is.

$35 for such a lush verb is a steal. Do Aalto owners really need to get it for free?

3½ years ago, Randy said it'd be free for those that own Aalto but it ended up being a commercial plugin...so what? He obviously put more work into it than he'd originally anticipated and he changed his mind. Ultimately it's not free, so either fork over the small amount of cash or don't. :shrug:

This is an excellent product and I can't wait to own it!

Return to “Effects”