Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Hey Markus, thanks for all the work and responsiveness! So I assume there is no plan to work on the parallel-morph-modes thing I mentioned? I think this would be a substantial improvement in terms of possibilities, but I completely get that it's not the most wanted feature ;)

[sorry for quoting myself, but I'm really tired rn...:]
What I would love to see is [...] the possibility to use multiple morph modes at the same time - imho Pigments and Avenger look better in this regard with 4-5 parallel morph and distortion-type options for oscillators.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:51 pm Thank you for your feedback. Sorry for not being able to answer to all comments, but i am currently very busy with coding. However i have read all your comments carefully.

Here is an update of what's happening:

- The grid of the MSEGs can be changed in X and Y axis independently
- Added buttons 'snap to grid'
- MSEG shapes can be saved and loaded

- The arpeggiator is now a lot larger and more easy to use.

- The effect section has been reworked

- MPE support will most likely implemented. I ordered a Seaboard and will receive it this week. I will give you feedback if it is worth the investment or not.

- I will do some experiments to enhance the lighting of the GUI.

- The matrix situation will be examined (more slots or a 'VIA option')

- It will be examined if we need more than the modwheel/macro knob

- Skinning is already possible in the current version (exchanging the background image)

Best Regards,
Markus
Thanks Markus :)

nevermind, not worth getting into this again. Disregard this post. :)
Last edited by bmanic on Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Thanks for considering more matrix modulation slots (and the "via" option)! That would be very welcome for Electra X also.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:58 am Free support and updates
Like your synth, but this one is a joke.
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 am
I have had excellent support from Tone2 and there free updates have frequents and useful- I would say Tone2 are one of the best for free updates over the years...

My only real criticism is that I think the presets are far to expensive, you can buy analog hardware Pro 1, MS20, Model D etc from Berringer for a the cost of 4 or 5 preset packs! The last couple of years 80% of my music budget has gone on hardware as there has been such great value (probably the other way around before that...)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

metaside wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:00 pm Hey Markus, thanks for all the work and responsiveness! So I assume there is no plan to work on the parallel-morph-modes thing I mentioned? I think this would be a substantial improvement in terms of possibilities, but I completely get that it's not the most wanted feature ;)
Icarus supports desctructive wavetable editing. This does mean that you can apply an unlimited number of morphs to a wavetable.
To apply a morph click on 'TOOLS' -> Apply Morph -> Apply morph to wavetable
After this the current morph mode is rendered to the wavetable and the morph mode is set no 'None /partial'. Then you can select another morphmode and so on.
However there are some limitations: It does not work well with morphmodes which use keytracking and you can not change to old parameters which have been rendered to the wavetable.

Best Regards,
markus

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:28 pm After this the current morph mode is rendered to the wavetable and the morph mode is set no 'None /partial'. Then you can select another morphmode and so on.
Hi Markus, thanks for your response, but this is not really what i'm talking about. Synths like Pigments and Avenger have a significant advantage over this: you can modulate multiple morph modes at the same time - this of course is not possible when you have to render a morphed version.
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Could you elaborate? Icarus 1 already was one of the best if not the best in terms of synthesis, with the version 2 as everything goes well will add more possibilities and capabilities weren't there before, adding what was lacking, best tone2 synth, remember that the only advantage of electra is layers, something easily achievable in your daw (depending) of your choice.

Yours is a Baseless nonsense opinion like many comments of people that don't know what they are talking about, kvr is full of this.

With all respect.

metaside wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:28 pm After this the current morph mode is rendered to the wavetable and the morph mode is set no 'None /partial'. Then you can select another morphmode and so on.
Hi Markus, thanks for your response, but this is not really what i'm talking about. Synths like Pigments and Avenger have a significant advantage over this: you can modulate multiple morph modes at the same time - this of course is not possible when you have to render a morphed version.
I can imagine having a second realtime morph mode could be useful. Beyond that I think it is no real value.

I would use the second one to add some noise or to degrade the wavetable in some way.

JunSev wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:07 pm
Yours is a Baseless nonsense opinion like many comments of people that don't know what they are talking about, kvr is full of this.

With all respect.
First:
I bought this synth just two days ago, because it´s a very good sounding piece of software. I buy synths because I´m having some money to burn and a record to produce.
If I was a poor kid again, just give me a hardware sampler and I rule this thing.
I´m excited for the update and will receive it for free - that´s great.
I truely know what I´m talking about after 25 years of keeping beats rolling.
I don´t feel your pain JunSev.
I spent my money on a great product and supported this little nice company.
It´s the bored guys like me, who push the income of these companies.

If there really were free updates, why isn´t this one free?
Like that Dune3 "update" they (Devs) have to make things shiny again.
I don´t have problems with that.
But it´s not a free update for the most users. I simply said this one is a joke.
And for me it is. Baseless nonsense, if I try to attack for nothing.
Sell a book twice if you give it a new cover.
You know books?
Kidding I am. But do you know?
Support is free too?
Cool.
The average bored guy

Tone2 have historically given a lot of free updates, we have gone from V1 to V1.6 with a lot of free .1 updates. Major updates from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 for example most people expect to pay for...even Developers have to eat!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If there really were free updates, why isn´t this one free?
Like that Dune3 "update" they (Devs) have to make things shiny again.
Because often mayor versions requires more development time and in addition if you consider the size of Tone2 as a company and the catalog of products is understandable to say that the main revenue comes from their synths and upgrades. And also because not all situations allows some developers and companies to give lifetime updates always (they never said and are not bound to do it), no because it worked with Image Line, Melda ext. means that can work for all companies; is not the same situation.

Just to add that their synths always have big updates, Icarus 1 received very remarkable updates for free from version 1 to 1.6, the same with the others; Now I2 is under development, more stuffs will be added and will demonstrate is worth to be a paid upgrade. Markus is aware about the needs of the userbase and will continue adding some good stuffs to I2.

If I really anatomize the update I read this:

+ Added many little triangles
+ bigger GUI with 8 sizes
+ bigger arpeggiator
+ enhanced filter & fx section
+ MSEGs (most needed missing feature)
(+ independently running free untriggered Lfos :tu: )
(+ a glitch feature I saw on the pic)
(~ MPE - I don´t need this)

For me that´s basically it.
Speaking in cars - it´s not a new engine or chassis, just a reworked dashboard.
Again. I´m perfectly fine with this.
Last edited by bite_me on Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The average bored guy

bite_me wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:42 am If I really anatomize the update I read this:

+ Added many little triangles
+ bigger GUI with 8 colours
+ bigger arpeggiator
+ enhanced filter & fx section
+ MSEGs (most needed missing feature)
(+ independently running free untriggered Lfos :tu: )
(~ MPE - I don´t need this)

For me that´s basically it.
Speaking in cars - it´s not a new engine or chassis, just a reworked dashboard.
Again. I´m perfectly fine with this.
That seems like a great list of updates to me (especially MPE), given that Icarus already does almost everything I can think of with WT, I would be more than happy with this update. There will almost certainly be new presets as well....

Really looking forward to this. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”