Dark Avenger : introprice -30% ends september 21st

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Based on user input Dark Avenger has had a small update.

The following changes have been implemented in this update :

* Fixed: overlay on sampler editor window obscured the sampler graph completely (e.g. when changing the random setting)
* Background tone of the bottom sampler window has been changed from a green hue to a cyan hue, creating a better fit with the overall color palette
* Led icons on OSC headers have been given an inset character

People who bought the skin, will find the update in their inbox.
Last edited by Stefken on Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the continuous support :)

You're welcome. :)

Thank you for the latest update to fix the graphic for the waveform windows - everyone with Avenger should jump on this! I didn't think a new skin would make so much difference, but this is a beautifully crafted piece of work that makes Avenger a pleasure to use. Nice work Stef - grab it before the price goes up :D

good update! nice work!

Two new themes have been added to the Dark Avengers family.

To pick them up or for more info, head over to my site : https://stefken.wixsite.com/skins/
(Psst: There is also a freebie for Hive 2 users )

Meet the 2 new family members:

Dark Avenger - Blue

DAB1-1200.jpg
(Rightclick image to see it at 100%)

Dark Avenger - Cyanide

DAC1-1200.jpg
(Rightclick image to see it at 100%)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Introprices -30% will last for 2 weeks (ends on the 21th of september).
The bundle price adds another -25 %.

Don't miss out :wink: .

Picked these up at the weekend, they are great, esp Blue. Nice work, man :tu:

One niggle, which is really an Avenger thing (i.e. can't do anything about it in the skin), is that the fonts are pretty bad at scaling smaller than 100% - On a 1080p 24" screen, I can get to 85% and it's tough to read in places... :phew:

So i picked up the "bundle" (aka 1 skin with different font/envelope/step sequencer color). Its nice, better then original, feels less cluttered, in general more balanced :)

But i have to give critisism about selling 1 skin as 3 different skins, because they are all the same, just different color. its a little bit same as selling a soundset with 1 patch and 128 variations on filter cutoff :) better put few eu higher price for 1 skin with different color variations, does feel much more attractive :)

Elektronisch wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 pm But i have to give critisism about selling 1 skin as 3 different skins, because they are all the same, just different color. its a little bit same as selling a soundset with 1 patch and 128 variations on filter cutoff
This was all done on request of my customers. Several customers asked for different color palettes. So, I made them. Dark colors with blue accents, is always a powerfull combination and this is added now. I also see that this combination is well received.

The bundle price was also a request from several users in the Avengers thread, and they too got what they asked for. There are even people who asked for a customised skin...

I can also assure you, that it is not a simple matter as changing the cutoff. Skins often feature hundreds and hundreds of images and they all have to be changed. Also, all colors are custom selected and matched and balanced against each other.
Off course, there is re-use but that is a common practice in IT.

Happy with especially the blue one but with indeed the limitations neverbeeninariot (sp?) pointed out.
I too am on a 1080 screen at 85%, but the limitations are with Avenger not with your skins.
rsp
sound sculptist

Stefken wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:13 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 pm But i have to give critisism about selling 1 skin as 3 different skins, because they are all the same, just different color. its a little bit same as selling a soundset with 1 patch and 128 variations on filter cutoff
This was all done on request of my customers. Several customers asked for different color palettes. So, I made them. Dark colors with blue accents, is always a powerfull combination and this is added now. I also see that this combination is well received.

The bundle price was also a request from several users in the Avengers thread, and they too got what they asked for. There are even people who asked for a customised skin...

I can also assure you, that is not a simple matter as changing the cutoff. Skins often feature hundreds and hundreds of images and they all have to be changed. Also, all colors are custom selected and matched and balanced against each other.
Off course, there is re-use but that is a common practice in IT.
This sounds like typical buisinessman answer with 1000 words that says back nothing that we already dont know, save it please :)

Its a 1 skin, same knobs, same background, same font, just different color on font, tabs, envelopes . Because it is 1 skin, im not blind :)

Anyways, all is good, your thing, do how you like it :tu:

p.s. this is dark original placed on the cyanide
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zvenx wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm Happy with especially the blue one but with indeed the limitations neverbeeninariot (sp?) pointed out.
I too am on a 1080 screen at 85%, but the limitations are with Avenger not with your skins.
rsp
Yep its Avenger, tho with Skin its much better then Original. Also i dont know why but with Nvidia GPU for some reason Avenger bellow 100% scaling is sharper.

Excellent skins and variations and the price is more than fair. Great job, looks really professional :tu:
Do you plan to make a skin with white background as well? Would love to see one in the future!

Not currently. You are the first to request one. But I keep note of all requests.

Return to “Instruments”