eMastered ATOM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:52 pm I added MCMorrise video to the first post. Looks like its being attacked by a dislike service so please go and LIKE the video to counter this unjustified attack.
Thank you. Done

Liked

Ofcourse; liked

Since iLL Factor founded Beat Academy, he gets to make their review videos.

Now That's What I Call Damage Control™:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5-QZr5hKw

MCMorrise wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:44 pm Since iLL Factor founded Beat Academy, he gets to make their review videos.

Some people will sell their soul for a buck. Disgraceful.

MCMorrise wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:44 pm Since iLL Factor founded Beat Academy, he gets to make their review videos.

It is actually quite funny; he shows just how crap it is without spelling it out. He must got a lot of money for sure for this piece of s***

He mentions the "AI" at the beginning of the video. Still have absolutely no idea where it comes in except that it has something to do with the weird morphing "3D" graphic in the middle of the synth. Seems like a waste of space to me. iLL Factor doesn't even seem to use it when showing how he designs his sounds.

The comments are interesting as well. Even "Beat Academy" seems to agree it is over priced and that the graphic is a waste of space.

Not just that. In comment section time seems to travel slower. Comments like "decent sounding" definitely were sent around 1999-2001 ;)

How so? The more time they give over to showing the public how this thing actually sounds, the worse I reckon it will be for them. "AI" might push all the right buttons on the flashy website copy, but it amounts to nothing but hot air when people realise how 'not-bad-if-it-were-free' this synth actually sounds.

cvxsaj
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:39 pm How so? The more time they give over to showing the public how this thing actually sounds, the worse I reckon it will be for them. "AI" might push all the right buttons on the flashy website copy, but it amounts to nothing but hot air when people realise how 'not-bad-if-it-were-free' this synth actually sounds.
I spoke from a place of irony. :lol: The video has racked up 1.6k views in about half the time it took me to get there, although it's slowing down and I figure most people will be smart enough to stay well away. :phew:

— But also, unironically, people who don't get synthesis but are fans of Beat Academy/iLL Factor and aren't motivated enough to look hard for quality soundware might probably still get it just because iLL Factor is there onscreen endorsing it. :clown:

wagtunes wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:10 pm
3. I didn't know whether to thumbs up the video for being so honest or thumbs down because this synth is so damn awful. I didn't want people to think I was either endorsing the synth or criticizing the review. So I opted to do nothing. I think your feedback may very well be reflective of just that dilemma.
The YT thumbs are for the video - not for the things that may come up along the way in the video. It's a reaction to the work of the person making the video, not - in the case of the popular product-review format - for the product being reviewed. The comments section is where you concur at length with the view the product sucks pigeon tails.

On emastered's facebook page, they are deleting lots of comments on the ATOM post. I wonder why :wink:.

The honest review video now has 200 dislikes (not sure how long it took). But that dislike service site is interesting in the fact that it's 200, and the video has 200 now. Even though pretty much everyone here and in the comments agrees with the guy.

I wouldn't even use this if it were free.

If you put a comment under the Beat academy "review" than beginner producers might be reconsider their potential purchase.

Also I find the MCMorrise video way more entertaining and honest. Even their own grammy winning producer is not able to show the product in a way so I might feel inclinded to buy this synth.

They probably mention AI so that if there are any bugs they can say ''it's not a fault, it's a feature. ''
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”