Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

marzelli wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:16 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:14 pm...bla...
Do some research... There are threads here and on GS :wink: I think there was even a log file form someone showing what codemeter does (maybe in the MAAT orange eq thread)... And even the poster before you confirmed it got cracked. And yes, there is for example cracked Sequoia.
https://www.openlm.com/Knowledgebase%20 ... codemeter/

"To date no-one has succeeded, due in part to their “Blurry Box” cryptography, developed in conjunction with the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and the FZI Research Center, as well as their use of the AES 256-bit public encryption algorithm"

Can you point to anything stating something else?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:28 pm Can you point to anything stating something else?
Maybe the fact that various codemeter protected products are available cracked... :tu:

Jeez Christ... it's absolutely irrelevant for us end users whether something has been cracked or not. So much smartass-ism on the internet. :roll:

Of course, everyone here knows it so much better than the people actually dealing with the stuff. Are you even realizing that this is solely political?

marzelli wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:31 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:28 pm Can you point to anything stating something else?
Maybe the fact that various codemeter protected products are available cracked... :tu:
If CodeMeter would have been cracked, ALL software using CodeMeter would have been cracked. So, no, you are incorrect. Just because some developers have implemented CodeMeter in an incorrect way, doesn't make CodeMeter the weak point, it's the protected software that is the weak point. The same goes for iLok, some iLok protected software was cracked due to bad implementation of iLok, but iLok itself was never cracked.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Codemeter would definitely be a showstopper for me too. I had it installed and it pretty much messed up everything. Especially as it installed all the drivers for the hardware and f***d up the ilok drivers, when I was only about to use the cloud system. Also my AV noticed me a couple of times that a codemeter process tried to sniff here and there. elicenser dongle/softelicenser or even ilok would be okay for me but cm dongle or cloud is not going to happen here anymore. Anyways it's already a pita that legit customers now have to pay the price...

RobinWood wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:41 pm I had it installed and it pretty much messed up everything. Especially as it installed all the drivers for the hardware and f***d up the ilok drivers, when I was only about to use the cloud system. elicenser dongle/softelicenser or even ilok would be okay for me but cm dongle or cloud is not going to happen here anymore.
Absolutely. I'll even take dongle iLOK only over codemeter. I'll take two e-lic's over CM...Whoever though CM is a good idea for Avenger obviously never had to reinstall their whole system because of how CM messed it up.

iLok or elicenser please.

We are running out of usb ports, and these 2 are much more commonly used - with a better reliability and reputation.

Wow, the direction where this synth is going with additional "copy protection" schemes is starting to make me feel absolutely fortune to never buy avenger when was the synth I admired so much some long time ago.

All of this nightmare additional procedures to make the user more dependent of the company (the product you paid for only will work as long as the company is there or "online software manager" is there = you don't have product) is never the best way to proceed.

No Ilok/Pace or similars offering their disgusting "yearly fee protection" or their overpriced dongle (also be prepared for the crazy amount of money you would need to pay if you have a system fail and many other bad situations loosing "your licence" viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504402&p=7071973#p7071973 ), nor online or clouds activation is the best procedure while the product ones is paying will not work if the company is not there in a future; in this bad scenario no backups, no matter if you save your software to your hdd, ssd or memory, the product you paid for simply will not work never because of all of those horrendous procedures.

And the worse thing is that some people accept all of this like "yeah is ok"... what is even happening with this generation? people should open their eyes and don't fall in this incredulity.

The best method is always the method that respect the independency of the user concerning their products.
chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:32 pm Jeez Christ... it's absolutely irrelevant for us end users whether something has been cracked or not. So much smartass-ism on the internet. :roll:

Of course, everyone here knows it so much better than the people actually dealing with the stuff. Are you even realizing that this is solely political?
Says the biggest ilok/Pace supporter with remarks about subscriptions methods as more "viable" in the future and every similar methods always even trying to put silence on anyone who says the truth about all of those disgusting mechanisms, always with "this is political", "this should be in hyde park corner" and more, always trying to put silence and dependent-to-the-company methods as a "good" thing.

What a manipulative person...

With all respect.

Please let us choose at least ! Some of your customers already have the eLicenser dongle ! I'm all for the dongle !
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

JunSev wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:36 pm Wow, the direction where this synth is going with additional "copy protection" schemes is starting to make me feel absolutely fortune to never buy avenger when was the synth I admired so much some long time ago.

All of this nightmare additional procedures to make the user more dependent of the company (the product you paid for only will work as long as the company is there or "online software manager" is there = you don't have product) is never the best way to proceed.

No Ilok/Pace or similars offering their disgusting "yearly fee protection" or their overpriced dongle (also be prepared for the crazy amount of money you would need to pay if you have a system fail and many other bad situations loosing "your licence" viewtopic.php?f=16&t=504402&p=7071973#p7071973 ), nor online or clouds activation is the best procedure while the product ones is paying will not work if the company is not there in a future; in this bad scenario no backups, no matter if you save your software to your hdd, ssd or memory, the product you paid for simply will not work never because of all of those horrendous procedures.

And the worse thing is that some people accept all of this like "yeah is ok"... what is even happening with this generation? people should open their eyes and don't fall in this incredulity.

The best method is always the method that respect the independency of the user concerning their products.
chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:32 pm Jeez Christ... it's absolutely irrelevant for us end users whether something has been cracked or not. So much smartass-ism on the internet. :roll:

Says the biggest ilok/Pace supporter with remarks about subscriptions methods as more "viable" in the future and every similar methods always even trying to put silence on anyone who says the truth about all of those disgusting mechanisms, always with "this is political", "this should be in hyde park corner" and more, always trying to put silence and dependent-to-the-company methods as a "good" thing.

With all respect.
I've been there with iLok. At first I thought it was neat. Having all licenses in one place and activate them whenever I need them (I don't use the dongle, I hate that, especially on my laptop I don't have many usb ports), until Windows decided to update and it changed my computer ID and all my activated licenses were blocked, couldn't deactivate them. I had to contact every developer to ask them to deactivate my licenses. Some of them were nice, other were like "this is a one time deal". I was so angry and I can't express how much I hate these kind of protections. :x And the bad thing, these software always gets cracked at some point and who loses in the end? We, the ones that actually pay. Just give me a simple serial number, it would be the same thing. Those that want to buy your software, will buy it. I don't want to deal with deactivation whenever I update my system, when I reinstall operating system or when I change my computer.

PS. To give developers an idea how to sell more, give options to buy your software in installments, like Serums does via Splice. Also, make good software that's worth the money and most will drop money like crazy!

DJErmac wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:09 pm Please let us choose at least ! Some of your customers already have the eLicenser dongle ! I'm all for the dongle !
+1000

eLicenser or iLok please!
Codemeter has problems as mentioned here and at other forum I´ve heard a bit bout it (flied over the topic due to search something different)
and don´t know if "Europe" the VSTi from Propellerhead has Codemeter but it´s available as warez (just googled)

@msvs
UVI f.e. uses iLok and all there expansions aren´t "available" as I heard from UVI-support in a chat when I´ver talked there with a problem, so please iLok or eLicenser

@those who are running out of usb-ports: Image

Copy protection has always been a deciding factor for me to buy a product or not. I think most people who really use a Vst will buy it if they can get it for a good price and if the copy protection doesn't mess up their computer or isn't too inconvenient.
I bought Avenger for those 2 reasons and I'm disappointed, as many others, that the protection will be changed.
If there has to be a different protection I'd vote for eLicenser too. Not sure if I'd buy any more expansions though...

Or we can all just stay on version 1.5 ;)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

JunSev wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:36 pm Says the biggest ilok/Pace supporter with remarks about subscriptions methods as more "viable" in the future and every similar methods always even trying to put silence on anyone who says the truth about all of those disgusting mechanisms, always with "this is political", "this should be in hyde park corner" and more, always trying to put silence and dependent-to-the-company methods as a "good" thing.

With all respect.
This only shows your complete inability to comprehend. And, sorry, your absolute idiotism. I'm not a "iLok supporter", i am a supporter of healthy businesses, which we all benefit from, as consumers. If you fail to understand that, it's not my fault, and not my problem. Really, in your own interest, you should stop posting about things you aren't even willing to understand.

With all resp... i mean... yeah, whatever. :P

Return to “Instruments”