VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

epiphaneia wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:10 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:01 pm
epiphaneia wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:56 pm
msvs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:30 pm If CodeMeter is working for us, and it will provide software protection, we will even use it in 1.5., since it will not cause you any additional dongle costs.
So that basically means I will be stuck with the last "pre-codemeter" version, because I cannot sell the license either, right?

If it is so, then it´s a smart move to have done a big 50% off sale right before cutting a bunch of users off of further development.
Seriously, what's your problem with Codemeter? I don't get it.
I had an experience with Reason/Codemeter just once and that was enough. That led to me having to restore my Studio Mac from a backup, as it froze (no error message; just hard freezing) several times a day. I lost two days of -paid- work. That Mac had been working perfectly fine beforehand and after the restore. Even the not-necessarily-popular iLok never gave me that kind of headache. So I´m not going to gamble and brace myself for weird system issues for just one synth.
Ok, that sucks indeed. I had no issues with it here on Windows. Had Reason installed on two machines, and it didn't cause me any problems. Propellerhead uses Codemeter for quite a while now. At the very least, i can't imagine that there are common issues with it on Mac, otherwise they wouldn't use it.

msvs wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 am the user has the choice there: Dongle, online or softLicense
This sounds very promising hope it all workout so we can update to 1.5 already :)

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:23 pm Ok, that sucks indeed. I had no issues with it here on Windows. Had Reason installed on two machines, and it didn't cause me any problems. Propellerhead uses Codemeter for quite a while now. At the very least, i can't imagine that there are common issues with it on Mac, otherwise they wouldn't use it.
True, but as always, 99% success rate doesn´t help the guy who´s among the 1% :borg: If I hadn´t encountered that issue back then, I´d take codemeter over eLicenser any day, but as it is - no.

I´m not against certain copy protection systems "just because", I´ve been using an iLok for many years, and while there´s quite a few horror stories from iLok users, mine´s doing fine so far with some 250+ licenses on it.

I´m not into the politics of "copy protection = consumer oppression" etc, I see why some developers need to take desperate steps to protect their business, but they´ll lose me at the point where their protection is potentially harming /my/ business. (As has been mentioned before, U-He is apparently doing well without forcing customers to install potentially harmful system-level driver stuff)

Can't wait to install more bloat on my machine.

Hopefully the new copy protection can make the plugin load up faster. That would at least be something.

epiphaneia wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:43 pm
chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:23 pm Ok, that sucks indeed. I had no issues with it here on Windows. Had Reason installed on two machines, and it didn't cause me any problems. Propellerhead uses Codemeter for quite a while now. At the very least, i can't imagine that there are common issues with it on Mac, otherwise they wouldn't use it.
True, but as always, 99% success rate doesn´t help the guy who´s among the 1% :borg: If I hadn´t encountered that issue back then, I´d take codemeter over eLicenser any day, but as it is - no.

I´m not against certain copy protection systems "just because", I´ve been using an iLok for many years, and while there´s quite a few horror stories from iLok users, mine´s doing fine so far with some 250+ licenses on it.

I´m not into the politics of "copy protection = consumer oppression" etc, I see why some developers need to take desperate steps to protect their business, but they´ll lose me at the point where their protection is potentially harming /my/ business. (As has been mentioned before, U-He is apparently doing well without forcing customers to install potentially harmful system-level driver stuff)
Well, they might lose a screaming minority, but if it works for the majority, so be it.

i was thinking to buy few more expansions before ive seen the thread lately . but now ive stopped to think about and spend the money somewhere else . this copy protection changes after cracking only hurts the real customer . i dont want another dongle or another soft dongle . if Codemeter will be used i will never update to v2 when it comes out . it will even a pain for alot customer when vengeance use codemeter for the 1.5 update . but its the developers choice to loose real customer , if i had known before what will happen i personal had not buy it at the first place as ive also own alternatives to Avenger , like Falcon or Halion .

DrumAddict wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 pm if i had known before what will happen i personal had not buy it at the first place as ive also own alternatives to Avenger , like Falcon or Halion .
:lol:

You don't like copy protection, but you have ilok AND elicenser...

Reason uses Codemeter. Reason doesn't have a dongle...

Blaster wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:51 pm
DrumAddict wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:26 pm if i had known before what will happen i personal had not buy it at the first place as ive also own alternatives to Avenger , like Falcon or Halion .
:lol:

You don't like copy protection, but you have ilok AND elicenser...

Reason uses Codemeter. Reason doesn't have a dongle...
dont take the words out of my mouth , i didnt said i dont like copy protection , if you had read it correctly , i said i dont want another dongle or soft dongle .

yes reason use codemeter , and also have the option for an dongle like the other ones , on propellerhead its called USB Ignition Key . The USB Ignition Key are for using Reason on PC without Internet connection and to verify and login to your propellerhead account evrytime to use it .
Last edited by DrumAddict on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ryan99 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:21 pmWell, they might lose a screaming minority, but if it works for the majority, so be it.
Since this move doesn't benefit us paying customers in any way and is only made to keep pirates away they sure need to convert more pirates in to paying customers than they turn away already paying customers. I guess they have done the calculations already and hope this wasn't just a panic reaction.

mladi wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:47 pm Isn't it a little bit to fast for Vengeance to decide that such a step is needed because of the cracked releases? What i mean is that it's imo reasonable to have a real big notch in sales when they just finished the biggest sale they ever had with 50% off? I believe that even without the cracks the dropped sales situation wouldn't be different now or what was the point again?
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

This seems off topic but

A big thank you to R. Keilwerth of Vengeance-sound for helping me with a problem I developed after purchasing Avenger during the recent sale. As it happens the problem was with my graphic card after a recent Win 10 update. The latest driver from GeForce fixed it.

Avenger is an incredible software synthesizer.

Ok...carry on.

8)
바보

starflakeprj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:28 pm
marzelli wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:16 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:14 pm...bla...
Do some research... There are threads here and on GS :wink: I think there was even a log file form someone showing what codemeter does (maybe in the MAAT orange eq thread)... And even the poster before you confirmed it got cracked. And yes, there is for example cracked Sequoia.
https://www.openlm.com/Knowledgebase%20 ... codemeter/

"To date no-one has succeeded, due in part to their “Blurry Box” cryptography, developed in conjunction with the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) and the FZI Research Center, as well as their use of the AES 256-bit public encryption algorithm"

Can you point to anything stating something else?
"The core technology of CodeMeter has proven its mettle and remains unbeaten in several high-class and open hacking competitions. Wibu-Systems continues to power up its encryption and licensing systems with groundbreaking and award-winning innovations like Blurry Box cryptographic methods."

Source: https://www.wibu.com/us/products.html

Well, this was my point actually. But people believe what they want to believe, especially when they don't have a clue at all.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

The devs now see their's hopes dashed, but instead they could simply change the protection scheme again a bit. But now most development time is used now for the protection, even though the software still is not running stable on mac with nvidia gpu. What a nonsense.

Everyone barking at the developer should head over to the Audiosex forum and bark at the people who made this happen instead.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”