Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am Everyone barking at the developer should head over to the Audiosex forum and bark at the people who made this happen instead.
No use of that mate :(

What is the only proper way to deal with piracy? Yes, updating regularly, adding value for paying customers. Bugfixing, improvement. Almost all overprotected software turns into shit.

So Vengeance Sound don't have regularly updates with bug fixes, improvements and new features? They don't have great support? Manuel is practically living on this forum, how many developers can you mention who have this kind of presence?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:29 am how many developers can you mention who have this kind of presence?
u-he

Forums are not the center of the world. I'd even argue that Facebook is much more popular for users. But... even that only represents a tiny percentage of the actual user base. So, where does this take us? Once again to the insight that forum users WAY overstate their importance. Especially the handful which can't stop complaining here now. I think it has been described here very well. The "screaming minority".

The Sarge! wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:42 am
starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:29 am how many developers can you mention who have this kind of presence?
u-he
Yeah, they are great! But besides u-he, there aren't many others. I guess in size u-he and Vengeance Sound are quite comparable as well. But the developing speed of u-he products comparing to what Avenger has gone through, might not be comparable (I know that u-he has way more products to take care of though).
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

chk071 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:45 am Especially the handful which can't stop complaining here now. I think it has been described here very well. The "screaming minority".
Yeah, I think it states it very well. It's like all those Windows vs Linux battles going on, where Linux "followers" (who are quite few to be honest), sound a lot more than Windows "followers" :)

It does not make sense to talk so much about copy protection. Manuel and Rene will find the best copy protection for Avenger and for the customers as well.

Completely understandable that first everything must be tested. First everyone is against elicenser, but in the end, nobody wants to have codemeter. If it were my synth, I would implement elicenser, ilok, codemeter and even more at the same time to have the best protection for my work. The hard work of the sound designers, who put all their energy into their expansions, should also be as well protected as possible. That Vengeance has already planned a new copy protection before and wants to win quickly many costumers with the 50% sale before it is too late, is completely nonsense! As Rebound Audio has already said, make music instead of endless discussions about copy protections. In the end everything will be fine. Vengeance and Keilwerth Audio didn’t want to hurt anyone of you with it. All this was not planned but is unfortunately necessary.

Clearly not everyone is satisfied with copy protection, but let's face it: Life is too short to get upset about it, or not?

although it´s no public democratic voting, but why not eLicenser when your other products use it? didn´t understand! :?:
I hope that all the messages about the spying and bloating of the computer by Codemeter are not correct. :scared: :scared: :scared:

chk071 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:45 am Forums are not the center of the world. I'd even argue that Facebook is much more popular for users. But... even that only represents a tiny percentage of the actual user base. So, where does this take us? Once again to the insight that forum users WAY overstate their importance. Especially the handful which can't stop complaining here now. I think it has been described here very well. The "screaming minority".
Yeah sure, because in facebook the owner of groups or official pages can control and delete stuffs that doesn't benefit their point of view; also how could you compare facebook with Kvr? people there know way less than what people in a forum specifically oriented to musical plug-ins, this is a fact you blind manipulator.

But no that doesn't matter, you will try to always defend anything in favor of any disgusting procedures, from subscriptions to worse CPs; people aware of the problem that those systems brings are not minority, they know about a reality, hypocrite.

With all respect.
Last edited by JunSev on Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

hvyen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 am It does not make sense to talk so much about copy protection. Manuel and Rene will find the best copy protection for Avenger and for the customers as well.

Completely understandable that first everything must be tested. First everyone is against elicenser, but in the end, nobody wants to have codemeter. If it were my synth, I would implement elicenser, ilok, codemeter and even more at the same time to have the best protection for my work. The hard work of the sound designers, who put all their energy into their expansions, should also be as well protected as possible. That Vengeance has already planned a new copy protection before and wants to win quickly many costumers with the 50% sale before it is too late, is completely nonsense! As Rebound Audio has already said, make music instead of endless discussions about copy protections. In the end everything will be fine. Vengeance and Keilwerth Audio didn’t want to hurt anyone of you with it. All this was not planned but is unfortunately necessary.

Clearly not everyone is satisfied with copy protection, but let's face it: Life is too short to get upset about it, or not?
Well put!

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am Everyone barking at the developer should head over to the Audiosex forum and bark at the people who made this happen instead.
wrong , this are not the problem from real honest customer , its the problem from the Developer . but now the developer makes this as problem for the real honest customer .

DrumAddict wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:36 am
wrong , this are not the problem from real honest customer , its the problem from the Developer . but now the developer makes this as problem for the real honest customer .
What do you expect him to do, when his business gets harmed by pirates, because the copy protection he uses doesn't suffice?

Again, though, i really don't know what you mean with "problem". Do you know Codemeter? Do you own a software which uses Codemeter?

I would implement elicenser, ilok, codemeter and even more at the same time to have the best protection for my work.
actually its exactly the other way around. Implementing 3 copy protections at once, multiplies the chances of being cracked by 3. (apart from a slow and bloated code, because of so much copy protection at the same time)

hvyen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:02 am Vengeance and Keilwerth Audio didn’t want to hurt anyone of you with it. All this was not planned but is unfortunately necessary.
I am sure they don´t "want to hurt anyone", and I understand the piracy problem quite well.

I just want to know what happens to the few rare cases as myself who do have issues with CodeMeter, because I will be stuck with an old software version (the one with the current protection scheme) which probably won´t be developed further. And I´m not satisfied with "Well, that´s your problem, bad luck, mate", or with my -in my view, completely legitimate- question being ignored by the developer.

Return to “Instruments”