Algonaut unleash Atlas 1.4 to the wild. The best AI drum sampler gets more powerful!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas

Okay, I have to confess, I kind of scoffed at this product when it was first released. I mean, what, I can’t pick out drum samples on my own?

I finally got around to trying the demo, figuring I might as well check it out while it was still on sale. I scanned my whole hard drive, figuring it wouldn’t find too much. Well, I was so wrong! I was actually shocked at how many samples it found that I didn’t even know I had... it pulled a kick drum from a folder which was a backup of an old laptop, which in turn contained a backup of another old computer. It pulled a snare from a Geist 2 factory library I didn’t remember existed. And so on. In short, it allows me to make practical use of a ton of content which is already taking up space on my drives, long forgotten in some dusty corner.

I’ve only played with it for a few minutes, so I’m sure I don’t fully appreciate the intricacies of the workflow yet. I didn’t find a fast and easy way to move an Atlas drum kit set of samples to an Ableton drum rack on another channel in one fell swoop. I had to go one at a time, selecting a drum pad, dragging it to an Ableton clip, and then once finished, remapping all of those exported clips to the correct drum rack pads. A bit tedious, but I would prefer to keep everything native Ableton in the end.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Hi

Any update on the sequencer and 1.5? I'm enjoying Atlas, but like many others,I'm eager for the sequencer. Many thanks for a great product so far.

I've been demoing Atlas alongside XO. Both are great, though I prefer Atlas. I use Battery and Geist 2, so the main draw for me is the fast creation of custom drum kits. The workflow in Atlas seems more streamlined. Thus, in my experience, kit creation in Atlas is smoother and quicker, which makes the entire process more enjoyable. Plus, the Atlas UI is resizable, but on Windows, XO's UI is not.

I think I'm hooked. :borg: The only question is whether to wait for the next sale or not.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

they don't do sales that often, so you might have to wait a while.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

greenmind72 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:26 pm Hi

Any update on the sequencer and 1.5? I'm enjoying Atlas, but like many others,I'm eager for the sequencer. Many thanks for a great product so far.
What about it?

They mentioned in April that they were working on adding a sequencer to Atlas, and to lookout for new clips on YouTube soon.

Any update news?

Indeed. What's up at Algonaut?

I did a review of Atlas here. I love it and can't work without it now. Any updates on 1.5 ?

https://igloomag.com/features/atlas-by- ... W_lcJ7YTlg
Last edited by 2NDMOUSE on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe XLN Audio’s release XO’d them..

Yeah, some new insight would be cool. :hyper:

This silence is disturbing...

Still waiting for some basic very feature updates, such as
- option to define own drum set save/load paths
- own (path) drum set appear to the Atlas UI (now only factory path,
which is stupidly C: - who want's to fill the SSD with these presets?
- option not only to delete, but also add single sample to the map

Additional wish list
- option to define the map size
- option to define mapping priorities
- more editing /fx per sample

I hope, that Atlas will not join to those software in the market, which just keep waiting for the updates.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some other ideas in the other Atlas thread.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=506825&p=7483039#p7483039

I'd personally love a better sustain / release control on the waveform editor when you enter the advanced controls, as it currently doesn't shorten it much.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”