Audio realism ABL 3.2.0 update any soon ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Lars ,
I know you use blender to create your guis , what resolution do you use to export your knobs as png files (for one knob ) ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hi there!

I didn't render each individual knob in Blender. I rendered the entire UI at a resolution of 1508 x 550 pixels for the 63 frames needed to get the knobs moving from min to max. I've been using Photoshop for many years and I was completely new to blender so I didn't know any better.. :D

To figure out the size of each knob and switch and what not for ABL I looked at the image files in the default skin. If you divide the sprite sheets by 63 you get the size of a single frame. But since I've already done that work I might as well share this information with you.

When it comes to render output size from Blender I don't see any need for rendering larger images to get better quality. The cycles render engine in Blender gives very good results if you save the files as TIFF with 16 bit color depth and do the final conversion to png in photoshop (or gimp or whatever.)

Thanks , that's what I thought .
It's takes less time to just put a render border around the knob(s) and animate it (63 frames ) and stitch afterwards
What do you mean you didn''t render each individual knob ?
It sure looks like you have , because there is a difernet perspective angle /birds eye view for each knob

Eyeball exchanging

I am rendering in perspective mode with a single camera, not in orthographic mode with multiple cameras.

I am also rendering with a single camera in perspective mode .
The camera is placed on top ( so the whole gui is visible ) , and then it's just a matter of dragging a render border around a knob ( ctr-b) ,animate-and render it , and do that for the following knobs .
So everything gets cropped in the border
Eyeball exchanging

these new skins look great, thanks!

What does the VCF trim feature do? Moved it around and didnt hear any difference

Vcf trim alters/expands the filter's frequency range , and works in collab with env.amount and decay

Don't expect huge changes , it's exactly these little attentions to detail that make abl 3 shine :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:53 am Vcf trim alters/expands the filter's frequency range , and works in collab with env.amount and decay

Don't expect huge changes , it's exactly these little attentions to detail that make abl 3 shine :tu:
Played with it a bit more, and moved env and decay along with vcf. Was actively listening to it. Indeed, it does make a small, but noticeable difference. Guess I didnt know what exactly to listen for! Thanks!

I am still having some issues alligning my renders >
As you can see from the sctreenshot , I used your background as a template , set image size to the correct 1508/550 pixels and put my modelled knobs on top .
Looks great and coreeectly alligned in blender
Crop render the knobs only

And the misaligned result , when loading abl with the replaced knobs

:lol:
If someone could help me out ,.
I have no problem with modelling/ texturing this stuff , it's just those alignments that drive me crazy
Eyeball exchanging

Perhaps you are not setting your render boarders correctly? I nudged the sprite maps around quite a lot in Photoshop after my renders. (But I was doing all my croping in photoshop, did'nt know you can be pixel exact in blender when using render boarders.

If you're making a new skin from scratch I think this image is a better starting point in blender to place knobs and what not.

Still having problems here , I f I may ask how do you lign up the image with the camera view ( render border )
I drag the image in the viewport ( on z- axis ) and the align the camera to view >
The only way to match the camera's borders is to manually zoom in out ( camer locked ) to the image .
Eyeball exchanging

Just a heads up for those of you who aren't in the Facebook group.
3.2.1 update is now out, It seems the 3.2.0 version that was released
was released without the improved audio engine :dog:

https://www.audiorealism.se/news
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Huh ??
I could def. hear the bass boost which was part of the 3.2 update , unless tha wasn't a part of the engine update
Eyeball exchanging

Woow , there is def. a big improvement
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Instruments”