BASSYNTH - Organic Low End.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congratulations Wave Alchemy I’m looking forward to checking out your new Instrument :)

What formats will be available as it’s no longer Kontakt?

Holy crap..

Well.. At least someones makes a bass synth properly instead of those "we made you a mono vst and labeled it with bass".

This is a very interesting attempt. I wonder how do they keep low end intact with many different sound sources layered together?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

wave alchemy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm
chili beans wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:02 pm Price?
The intro price will be £119, but we'll be giving existing customers an additional 25% off on top of that :tu:
So if i buy a sample pack in between now and the 29th i can get 25% off?

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:12 pm This is a very interesting attempt. I wonder how do they keep low end intact with many different sound sources layered together?
I wondered the same

simmo75 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:28 pm Congratulations Wave Alchemy I’m looking forward to checking out your new Instrument :)

What formats will be available as it’s no longer Kontakt?
Will this instrument let you put the samples where ever you want?

More videos please. I'd love it if there was a presets video.

Hey everyone!

This is Matt Fudge here, and I've helped develop this product along with Dan at Wave Alchemy.

First off, it's great to see the positive feedback here already. There will be a lot more information on the instrument coming out over the coming days but I wanted to help address some of the questions here.

Needless to say we built Bassynth because we felt a need for a serious bass centred instrument that allowed for production ready and creative sound design in a single plugin. We're really excited about the results and are looking forward to sharing soon :phones:
enCiphered wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:12 pm Hi Dan, it seems that you finally managed to break free from Kontakt. Congratulations
I really hope that we can now finally load our own soundsources in your new Bassynth (samples, wavetables).
I know this may come as a shock after seeing the video, and the features we've packed into Bassynth, however this instrument was in fact built with Kontakt. This was a far bigger build for us than previous instruments and I think it shows. The end results doesn't resemble the typical Kontakt Library in the slightest. We have also used all of the latest features of Kontakt 6 and built many of our own features such as drag and drop macro assignment to support this.

We chose Kontakt once again for this project because it's still the only development platform that allows a small company such as Wave Alchemy to create products like this. We're very aware of platforms such as what JUCE offers but at this point it felt unreasonable for us to pursue a native C++ option as the build time on the framework needed to power a product like Bassynth would likely have been more effort than the instrument itself. This is also the reason why you see many industry leading companies such as Output, Spitfire and Heavyocity still offering their products in Kontakt.

We do understand your sentiment here though and also realize for many people Kontakt is not a preferred platform for using an instrument. We hear you (and our other customers) loud and clear on this point.

So to answer your question, currently Bassynth can only load the content it's shipped with. However there are over 800 multisample, wavetable and noise/transient sources to choose from which have been painstakingly crafted. These can all be browsed using a well laid out metadata based tag browser and contains features such as randomizing patches per voice to make this even easier. We think you'll really enjoy them and find it a very long time before you run out of great sounds to use.

With this in mind though, please feel free to share with us your concerns with Kontakt and using it as an instrument platform. What is it that bothers you most and what are you most looking for out of a native plugin solution?

It's completely our intention to provide a native solution for products in the near future. This is something we feel we can very realistically deliver on and we're currently taking steps towards providing this.
nordickvr wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:59 pm May have missed it but, what is the disk space taken?
As mentioned above, Bassynth contains over 800 multisample groups. There is a lot of magic going on under the hood with this one to get the quality sounding especially organic. As such it's a well sized library but we also made reasonable size a priority for us.

The final size on disk for me, as reported by macOS, is 11.75GB. This is in compressed .ncw format. The original file size for all samples was around 22GB.
simmo75 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:28 pm What formats will be available as it’s no longer Kontakt?
As mentioned above, we are indeed still using Kontakt. This means we will be supporting VST2, AU and AAX on both Mac and Windows.
nordickvr wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:28 pm Will this instrument let you put the samples where ever you want?
Yes, absolutely! You can move the samples to anywhere you'd like. Either external or internal drives.
awol9000 wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:42 am More videos please. I'd love it if there was a presets video.
Dan will have a lot more content to share over the coming days in this regard. We have far more audio and video content lined up for release than any previous instrument. In the meantime you can find (one of my personal favourite) preset examples here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ELc3_qgdg

Will this work in Kontatk player or full version only?

Thanks

This looks suspiciously similar to Output's Substance, with an extra layer added to give it bragging rights. If it's half as good it will be awesome.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:29 pm The description sounds a wee bit like 'sub boom bass'. I bet it'll be a game changer anyway. :tu:
I'd say more like Substance by Output

Why is it that Kontakt instruments that require the full version of Kontakt tend to be cheaper than those that will work with the Kontakt Player? Is it to do with NI fees or something or is it just coincidence?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:56 am Why is it that Kontakt instruments that require the full version of Kontakt tend to be cheaper than those that will work with the Kontakt Player? Is it to do with NI fees or something or is it just coincidence?
Yeah, the dev pays a fee to NI in order to jack into their license handling model; Player-compatible libraries always need to be registered in Access using serials and therefore tend to be more expensive.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:12 pm This is a very interesting attempt. I wonder how do they keep low end intact with many different sound sources layered together?
We spent a lot of time designing the sound sources, specifically with layering in mind, so that they work well together. Generally different sound sources will be most prominent in certain frequency ranges too. We have a tag-based sound source browser for each of the 4 Voices, and you can search by category / style of sound.

As an example, there are categories for Subs and 808, which as expected provide incredibly deep lows, and growling sub bass, with not much high-end. We have a ton of unique transients and noise / Foley sources too, for layering and adding bite or interest to the top end. Then, there are a huge and diverse collection of synth sources, modular synths, brass, bass guitars, wavetables, oscillators etc etc, which can be layered in any way you like. You'll find that everything layers very, very well!

On top of this, each of the 4 Voices is essentially its own instrument, in that each voice has its own 2 unique filters, unison controls, round-robin / analogue slop modes, envelopes, modulation, and up to 6 insert FX (choosing from over 40 effects), per Voice - as well as a wealth of other parameters.

To show what I mean, check this out this preset example: https://youtu.be/YNAFpMIsjpQ

In this preset I layered an upright bass patch, with a Pizzicato pluck, with the pluck being controlled and modulated by both velocity and XY Pad in multiple ways. Then, there is a low, growling type sub underneath it to give it depth and weight, along with a vinyl crackle type noise source layered to give some kind of nostalgia, which again can be introduced via the XY Pad or Macros. :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

So if i buy a sample pack in between now and the 29th i can get 25% off?
Yes, exactly!

I apologize for the late reply to this (we've been busy getting things ready for the release later today), but if you've bought anything since my message about the discount (that goes for anyone else too), then send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the 25% discount code :D
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Return to “Instruments”