One Synth Challenge #126: Bazz::Murda by DistoCore (MrKarolus is the winner!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazz::Murda Free Bazz::Murda Pro

basa333 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:53 am 60 instances? in the next challenge maybe 120 or 200 instances? It's really impressing...
60? hold my synth :hihi:

My submission:

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/dar ... is-nothing

DAW: Ableton Live Suite 10
10x Bazz::Murda
12x Ableton EQ8
10 Ableton Utility
1x Ableton Compressor
2x Ableton Glue Compressor
1x Ableton Auto Filter
1x Voxengo Tube Amp
1x Tal-Reverb-2
1x Ableton Limiter
1x Ableton Reverb (Send)
1x Ableton Simple Delay (Send)

Hi, here is my submission for the OSC126.

https://soundcloud.com/impedancemusic/i ... nd-osc-126

A quick note here: I used TAL Filter 2 for Panning Automation, there´s no filter active and it just pans the sound - i know i could do it with automation and honestly it would´ve been much easier, but i´m somehow used to it (my workflow is strange) and i just realized it when i was writing down every VST i have used..

The track is made in FL Studio 20 using 21 instances of Bazz:Murda

Effects:
Fruity Parametric EQ 2 17x
Fruity Delay 2 7x
TAL Reverb II 3x
Fruity Multiband Compressor 1x
Fruity Stereo Enhancer 7x
JB OmniVerb 2x
TAL Filter II (Used on Lasersoundeffect just Panning) 1x
Fruity Limiter 1x

Midi: Yamaha DX7 for playing slightly average synth solos, because my USB Midikeyboard has bigger latency when an 80s synth xD

Good luck to all and i hope everyone enjoys OSC like i do :D
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

Hi all,

this is our submission this month :D
https://soundcloud.com/carl_saved/jrueg ... ad-serious

Track specs:
DAW Ableton Live 10

Bazz::Murda (Free) Instances: 64

Live FXs:
Some MIDI FXs

13 x Multiband Dynamics
26 x Eq8
2 x Limiter
8 x compressor
3 x Glue compressor
22 x reverb
9 x Delay
5 x AutoPan
11 x Utility

External VSTs
2 x IM Wider
1 x TDR Nova
1 x SPAN
1 x Youlean Loudness meter

We enjoyed the synth, although it was very CPU demanding. So waiting for tracks to freeze was normal part of the workflow --> good practice in patience :D

Thanks for the very cool synth and all the best wishes to DistoCore :tu:
Thanks Josias for the great collab! :hug:
Good luck to all :phones:

Had some spare time so reworked it.

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-ad-rum-kvrosc

DR12

Will delete other post :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

TrojakEW wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:13 am Regarding pandoras box I openned - stage. You guys are bring some interesting information regarding this but it may be too technical for normal person in order to use.

First, most people from what I hear in tracks don't even use normal panning in mix. I'm not talking about modulating pan of audio source in order create stereo effect. But just about simple panning of instrument to left or right. So if you are one of those, it is good start to simply use this to spread instruments across x axis.

Next step to make it more better is:
We should always treat sound source as mono. In reality all sounds are mono. Even if the source is enseble we still should treat it as mono or rather said one source of signal to be able concentrate on overall position. Then we have interaural time difference - difference in arrival time of a sound between two ears. So putting delay on left or right channel based on sound position add to realism of object positioning. Then we have to take account distance of soundsource overall. So sound near us will reach the listener faster then sound source far away. So adding delay to this source again add more realism. Then we have air resistance that based on distance that can be simulated using simple highpass to cut some frequencies. The same goes for low frequencies. Larger the distance more you need to cut (kind of proximity effect) instead of adding more bass to close sound source, that can cause more inbalnace in mix.

Reverbation, reflection and early reflection can add more realism but it is more complex stuff. To make it simple in order to use is add more reverb to source that is far and less or none to the source close to listener.

Back to mono source. Most of users create stereo effect using different effects like hass, chorus and so on. This is imposible to position because creating pseudo stereo already simulate sound position in bad way. For example many synths have unison with unison stereo spread that spread voice across stereo field. This may sound nice for single sound since it have nice stereo image, but in mix it just collide with everything. It is like you are surounded with singers that sing directly to your ears from every angle and you will not be able to hear anything else. Modulating pan using lfo or even hfo is like trying to make pianist push and pull his piano across the stage at speed that is imposible to achieve in reality :D .

So yes even simple panning of mono source can help.
Hi all -- just catching up. The mono conversation is huge. A big part of the problem is that people just select "stereo" all the time when pulling instruments into their song. If it's a part that should be recorded in mono -- like a bass, it is best to use the mono version of the synth which will make sound placement and mixing better. Also there is a difference between "ghost mono" I.e. centered from equal LR vs real mono - single source down the middle. This is especially apparent in a 5.1 type of mix where you have a center speaker, but mono is mono and stereo is stereo - two different things. If you are making a sound that would normally be recorded in stereo -- orchestral strings for instance, then it could make sense, except that the synth presets don't really mimic how a studio engineer would make the strings stereo. So using synths and samplers creates havoc and chaos for mono/stereo.

I'm looking through these pages, and it's nice to stalk what people are using for external fx, it prompts me to research these plugins that you guys are using

Youlean is a great plugin, and I'm inspired to research more into "Loudness".
Last edited by Auplant on Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J.Ruegg wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:27 amhold my synth :hihi:
:lol: :lol:

TrojakEW wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:01 pm
diaseis wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm Hey ! Here is my submission. I tried harder than last time to make a better mix, since this was pointed out as one of my problems :clown: . Even though, I am not very satisfied with it so if you have any suggestion to improve it, I will be thankfull for the rest of my life (or at least for the rest of the month :hihi: ).
Just few comment. Something that always struck me first is stage. This track is no exception. It is flat. No stage. Every instrument is stacked on top of each other. If all music will be this way we do not need stereo system for music but only mono. It is not just about widening the sound. Most people just use chorus effect and apply effects similar to hass and then glue this with reverb, but this will not create stage. Rather to write down long post I will post the track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9ooHFHTio8
I know that this is not electronic music but it doesn't matter what music it is or as I already said we should start using mono audio system for listening.

Also I see you use a lot of compressors. This synth can produce sausage by itself (especially when you have enabled distortion module) and you still compressing this sausage? Good mix doesn't mean you have to use hundred of external effects. Most of time you need to just adjust levels properly. Maybe you use additional compressor to give the sound more punch in order to cut through the mix but this only add oil to the fire. Proper stage will be able to help with this problem. Frequency masking or volume ducking will not help everytime. Placing instrument on stage can be sometime easiest and best solution to avoid instrument fighting each other. Imagine drummer with guitarist standing on his shoulders. On guitarist shoulders there are two additional people instead of one. Singer on left shoulder and 2nd singer on right shoulder (haas effect :lol: ). This is what I hear in your track.
Jumping in late again.....

The Beatles pretty much only cared about mixing in mono -- partly because of the tech available. The mono mixes are fantastic. So with synth instruments - you need to get in the mindset of if you were recording organic instruments, and how would you track them. That will automatically lead you to a better, more well defined sound-stage.

And with compressors -- as with EQ -- less is more!

Darksynth FX wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 am My submission:

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/dar ... is-nothing

DAW: Ableton Live Suite 10
10x Bazz::Murda
12x Ableton EQ8
10 Ableton Utility
1x Ableton Compressor
2x Ableton Glue Compressor
1x Ableton Auto Filter
1x Voxengo Tube Amp
1x Tal-Reverb-2
1x Ableton Limiter
1x Ableton Reverb (Send)
1x Ableton Simple Delay (Send)
I went back and actually counted.. I was a little overzealous. Actually 50 instances. I'll try harder next month. :)

DAW: FL Studio 20.5.1
Author/composer/producer: VCA-089
Title: Bullet Hail
Genre: Darkwave (Dark Synth, Industrial, you name it)
BPM: 110
Key: Eb Melodic Minor

https://soundcloud.com/vca089/vca-089-b ... il/s-nQyMO
FlAC version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_XV2E ... DHIP9xiVFZ

Hello!

I like the idea of this synth. The waveshaper module really makes it stand out. It obviously could be used for hadcore related productions but also for creating sharp and edgy textures and drones. It would be nice to have some "conventional" features like: filter envelope amount and the ability to modulate other sources (may be dedicated mod. env.), glide/portamento, global LFOs, velocity and other performance based modulations, free running or selectable phase of oscillators and may be a dedicated FM modulator section with selectable waveforms and the ability to choose modulation algorithms (like in Massive for example). With all those features implemented it would be a great synth both versatile and with a distinct character.

I also want to mention some wierd issue/bug that I encountered. When you switch unison on and your patch has square or pulse wave oscillators the second voice's oscs are kinda "skipping" their filter stage. That means the first voice's oscillators will be filtered and resonance added but second voice's oscillators will go completely dry to the amplifer. It works only for square and all pulse wave variations, other waveforms are working fine.

Any way, that was an interesting experience and I hope you will enjoy my submission. I went into square wave production style this time, I should say that this synth is just screaming for this.

Good luck!

Technical information

Generators:

30x Buzz::Murda (free)

Native Effects:

x8 Balance
x7 Parametric EQ 2
x3 Stereo Enhancer
x5 Limiter
x4 Reeverb 2
x7 Delay 3
x3 Love Philter
x1 Wave Candy
x1 dB Meter
x2 Patcher

VST Effects:

x15 TDR & VoS "SlickEQ"
x10 VoS "FerricTDS"
x2 VoS "DensitymkIII"
x7 AdHd "Leveling Tool"
x4 Thomas Mundt "LoudMax"
x1 TDR Kotelnikov
x4 "OrilRiver"
x1 ToneLib "GFX"
x10 Gareckon "MIDI Polysher"

Master Chain:

TDR Nova
TDR Kotelnikov
Limiter No6

No samples...

Total:

x30 Generators
x98 Effects
x39 MIDI patterns
x29 Mixer tracks
No audio...
x30 Automation clips
Last edited by VCA-089 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

As usual, I don't know what exactly SoundCloud does to the audio, but I feel my low end a bit weaker and cymbals/hihats sounds kinda "phasy". If you'll download the file it should sound normally, so do this if you can, it is the best quality possible...
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Double Post, sorry.
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain - Arp Arp: https://soundcloud.com/fritz-e-187664414/arp-arp

Ableton Live 10 Suite
11 Instances of Bazz::Murda
Ableton Effects: EQ Eight, Glue Compressor, Utility, Auto Filter, Compressor, Reverb, Pitch (midi effect, to drop knock sound for snare one octave)
Other Effects: Architect 1.0.1 (free Max for Live device to create envelope), TDR Nova
Last edited by Dirtgrain on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Instruments”