Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 am Not as far as I can tell. I mean you can always try messing with the structure, since it's fully open, but it's not for the faint of heart. :)
Okay, no worries. I will try to see if I can add some "artificial" bass. Thanks! :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 am
Magnus101 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:54 pm It is said that S8 i modelled after the Prophet-5 rev3, but in use it sounds like NI also have compensated for the bass/volume drop when you crank up the resonance on the S8 in a way that the original filter doesn't in the same way?
Character knob is quite important here. But there is some bass drop as you increase resonance, still.
But not a severe bass drop...
Last edited by Magnus101 on Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The bass/volume drop when raising resonace is something that isn’t talked about that often. It happens to genuine analog Synths too. The Minimoog, for example, had a ladder filter which lose a lot of bass when cranking up the resonance.
It is still known for its bass, though...(maybe best at no or low resonance?)

Magnus101 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 am The bass/volume drop when raising resonace is something that isn’t talked about that often.
I can think of at least one member who more than makes up for any perceived lack :hihi:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:29 am
Magnus101 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:11 am The bass/volume drop when raising resonace is something that isn’t talked about that often.
I can think of at least one member who more than makes up for any perceived lack :hihi:
Or... at least... thinks he can. :P

Ever since I bought it, I absolutely love Super 8's sound. I wish I could see more patches coming through updates, like for Massive X.

Do you know if there are any 3rd party presets for Super8 since its release?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:47 am
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:54 am Not as far as I can tell. I mean you can always try messing with the structure, since it's fully open, but it's not for the faint of heart. :)
Okay, no worries. I will try to see if I can add some "artificial" bass. Thanks! :)
Waves OneKnob Phatter (+ optionally MaxxBass). :o

Who would choose Repro-5 over Super8 if they could only keep one?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:43 am Who would choose Repro-5 over Super8 if they could only keep one?
Who cares?

chk071 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 am
v1o wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:43 am Who would choose Repro-5 over Super8 if they could only keep one?
Who cares?
:clap:

Not me... I always thought Repro sounded kinda cold and clinical. OTOH Super8 sounds kinda flat (I don't feel o lot of depth), but at least it's very vibrant and inspiring! Imho, of course.

Sinisterbr wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:51 pm
Not me... I always thought Repro sounded kinda cold and clinical. OTOH Super8 sounds kinda flat (I don't feel o lot of depth), but at least it's very vibrant and inspiring! Imho, of course.
I agree with you 100%. If that's what a real Prophet 5 sounds like I would never get along with it. That is why I never bought Repro-5 and am still on the fence with Super 8 despite all the high praises.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

chk071 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:44 am
Who cares?
Spire is the only synth you care about.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Well Spire is a great synth 8)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

v1o wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:28 pmIf that's what a real Prophet 5 sounds like I would never get along with it.
It is, in fact, exactly how a rev3 Prophet-5 sounds, because that's what u-he modeled (incidentally, also what NI Pro-53 was based on, too).

Return to “Instruments”