An Awakening Experience...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all! I'm back again with some fresh visuals for my track 'Awakening'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cewEBWuLM9E

Always happy to hear from you all.

Many blessings!

Music video this time. Next level...

Val_Verrel wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:13 am Hello all! I'm back again with some fresh visuals for my track 'Awakening'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cewEBWuLM9E

Always happy to hear from you all.

Many blessings!

This stuff is very very good.

I kind of have a major dislike of this kind of music these days. It's so badly done. So cynical. But I see none of that here.

I was wondering why you want to share your masterpiece with poor old KVR. Then I see you don't have many hits. That you are doing it the hard way. It can be very hard. :lol:

I loved this track by you as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ0RSeN5eX0

Very good production. Great vocals. Nice video. It's raw, but that adds to the overall effect.

9/10.

You're just a mix or two away from some really blasting stuff. But the production you present is fine for now. It provides a little bit of a blank canvas. Producers and mixers like me can really fill in the missing bits.

But it stands up as it is. It's great stuff.

That 'worship' track might put off some people in the 'bizz' as they kind of don't like any mention of 'religion'. You will face some hurdles with that.

I love it though. So refreshing to see someone just be natural.

Really love this one too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMchcl_RmfE

You've got a great voice. Nice singing, nice tone.

Love the colours you use in the video. Good harmonic choice.

You really need someone to take you under their wing and give you a major deal. But you are chugging along nice for now. Keep going.

The videos are a very nice touch as well. You need to take them along with you when you step it up a notch.

KVR is a strange place to promote yourself. But you've done it in a very interesting way.

Tell me what you want. What is your ideal trajectory? How do you see yourself taking this further?

What would be your ideal producer to work with? Not that you need a producer. But really, at the point you are at, you need something to tip things over for you. Your stuff is really really good. But maybe you need a real rock-out over the top track! Sometimes just getting a name producer in just gives you that exposure.

I can see you have the whole package together. I'd be happy to produce or remix stuff for you, but I don't know what much more I could offer.

Anyway. Great stuff.

You just need to get out there a bit. Also I think you need one or two really killer songs. I like what you are already doing. I bookmarked them to listen to later. That's a major compliment, as I have rare taste. I'm not shy either. :o

I'd love to write for you. Produce you. But you got it down.

Love the way you mix styles - a bit of dancehall with hip hop. Smooth soul. Thinking Nicole Wray and Timbaland type production.

I'd probably take you in a more R+B direction. But I wouldn't interfere with what you are doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB7k_28Cqm4

I'd even phone up my ex-girlfriend who has sung on Chaka Khan and Prince and Michael Jackson and Donna Summer and Massive Attack records. Not to mention Calvin Harris who she had a no.1 with a little while back.

She'd love to work on your stuff.

Keep it going.

:hug:

Also reminding me a bit of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs81cpnCE4E

(hopefully not too blasphemous for you)

No offense intended.

Last edited by lofty on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great beats. Dig the sounds, especially the detuned keys. Loved the production all around.

Just as I suspected.

KVR is just another place to drop your shit and spam via PR companies or whatevs. Sad.

Say what you want about Wags, but at least the dude is real.

There aren't that many places on the internet where you could get a good grass roots reaction from some real people 'in the industry'. But KVR is one. There's a few people hiding out here.

But still, too much trouble for some.

Serious missed opportunity.

A very slick well-oiled machine with great vocals and great production.

KVR was only ever a pump and dump bitch for them.

Sad.

Not even a 'thanks for your feedback'.

Motherfuckers don't like being played.

the dude does normally return and say thanks.
converses with commentors too, maybe hes just been busy :shrug:

Full kudos on the video.

More people need to be realizing the value of making videos. With the availability of free tools like HitFilm Express (not to mention the cameras on our phones), there is little excuse not to be working in video too - or partner with someone who does.

:-)

Benedict wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 am Full kudos on the video.

More people need to be realizing the value of making videos. With the availability of free tools like HitFilm Express (not to mention the cameras on our phones), there is little excuse not to be working in video too - or partner with someone who does.

how about
because the one video i spent time producing was taken off youtube and got me a visit from some very official people.

Hey! So I posted this a few days ago and I didn't get a response so I left it for a few days. I would never ignore anyone. I value any platform that I can interact with people especially concerning creativity.

Thanks Bansaw for supporting my music, its appreciated!

Hello Codec_spurt! haha. How on Earth could I ignore such detailed feedback! People paying that much detail to my work is partially why I do it because thats the same attention to detail I give to music.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad that you're really able to interpret my vision accurately.

I believe there will be a shift in the music scene as there always is and hopefully that shift will lead to more substantial music.
Glad you like 'Worship'. I recorded, produced, mixed and edited the tracks and videos you mentioned so it's a lot to take on. (Another reason why I have responded late I'm so busy) As soon as I get the right funding or connection I would be happy to pass on the mixing side of things.

I'm definitely believing things will continue to grow as I released all of these songs in a year and will be releasing my debut EP within the next month.

In terms of the Nicole Wray song you referenced I can definitely understand the connection as I began moulding my production style after Timberland for over 10 years.
I'm definitely open to collaborations whether that is with you or your ex girlfriend haha. Send me a personal message on here and we can talk!

Also thanks Vurt for vouching for me haha!

Lofty thanks dude!

Ahh cheers Ecamburn! Had a lot of fun producing this.

I agree Benedict! I think a lot of people are probably a bit intimidated in terms of putting themselves out in that way.

no prob. hopefully the offer he made might come to something for you :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:00 pm
Benedict wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 am Full kudos on the video.

how about
because the one video i spent time producing was taken off youtube and got me a visit from some very official people.
Yeah but that video of you buggering Margaret Thatcher with the Queen's left leg whilst in Ronald Reagan's Oval Office was always in questionable taste LOL

:scared:

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:36 pm the dude does normally return and say thanks.
converses with commentors too, maybe hes just been busy :shrug:

Yeah, I know, he's pretty high post count. I'd never seen him before, but at least he had quite a few posts, which is why I responded in depth to begin with - I would have taken the whole post as spam otherwise, seeing how high- quality the music was.

Hence my bad attempt at humour. (thought him being high post count, people could see it was quite a silly thing for me to say, hence not being serious).

:shrug:

I read it back.

It sounded quite bad.

I'll get my PR team on it straight away.

Return to “Music Cafe”