Amplitube Preset Warning

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Inside Amplitube, why am I getting Preset Warnings?

"The current preset uses models which are not installed"

I could understand it if I am selecting presets from packs I don't have but these are presets from the main library. What gives?

Cheers

it's an upsell.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:02 pm it's an upsell.
or in ik speak "it's just advertising :) "

:hihi:

Burillo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:02 pm it's an upsell.
vurt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:03 pm"it's just advertising :)
Admiral Ackbar wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:11 pmIT'S A TRAP!!
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Seriously though, on a tonne of basic presets?

ouch.

Good job it was free with an iRig and I just got some nice content in the GB.

Whenever you install any version of amplitube, it installs all presets from all products and annoyingly lists them but you can’t load them. It’s BS.

Kinda sucky.

I got the Orange amps bundle in the GB and even that had missing elements. My upsell had a little upsell.

Yep, complete bullshit. People have voiced their concerns about it for years, but IK hasn’t wanted to listen.

OK, well at least my installation wasn't missing files which is what it seemed like. Nice job whoever designed that user experience.

Anyhoo, it sounds nice, so that's where I'll leave it I guess :)

I can't think of a single other product that installs a whole bunch of presets that you can't access because you don't own the necessary products.

[redacted]
Last edited by funky lime on Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have long stopped buying products from this company.

If you like Amplitube, you are a shill for IK.

just kidding

I don't use presets other than my own. Presets are not very good with most amp sims.

IK's aggressive upselling is why I jumped ship before I even tried their products.

I got QuadComp free in that promotion they ran a while ago. When I had to install their whole catalog to run one free plugin I was annoyed but whatever. They're not the only ones who do that. Then I had to install two mandatory companion apps i believe, one of which was just a great big sales catalog of the rest of their plugins.

Shame. I hear lots of good things about their products, but I hit that uninstall button sooo quick

reggie1979 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:58 pm If you like Amplitube, you are a shill for IK.

just kidding

I don't use presets other than my own. Presets are not very good with most amp sims.
This is what I was going to say, the way amps, real or otherwise, respond to individual guitars and the players is so wildly different I'm not sure how presets are even useful aside from building them yourself and labeling them w/ the guitar/player they were designed for.

Return to “Instruments”