Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Has to be the biggest tease in a long time... when's 1.5!!!
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

epiphaneia I wont comment here about people, unwilling to update for whatever reasons and wanting to have "customized solutions" etc. This is a public forum after all. Please contact the official support, if there is a problem, or in the end you may sell your license if you must. Dont complain and threat with a lawyer because nobody answers you before you even tried to contact us! However, until 1.5.0 isnt out, there is nothing to discuss. This was my last comment about this here, so please dont wonder 2 pages later why I dont comment. :tu:

msvs wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:23 am Dont complain and threat with a lawyer because nobody answers you before you even tried to contact us!
I sent two eMails after you made the CodeMeter decision known and haven't received a reply.

That's why I say my point (which I still think I voice reasonably - and all the time understanding and even agreeing with the need for better copy protection the choice of which just unfortunately doesn't work for me) was ignored.

That's why I'm venting that publicly. And still in no way shouting, screaming and cursing, as you may notice. I'd just like to get help if and when I require so, and so far I had held you guys in high regard from what I'd heard. Oh well, enough of that for now and here, back on topic.

epiphaneia wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:46 ambut also don't want to let him get away with that number
If they would rename the Avenger Synth to a new Product and say "Avenger developement ends with Version 1.4" your chance will be very limited. BUt they just offered you to continue working with Avenger 1.5 but with a codemeter licence manager. I have it btw. installed and it works fine. Maybe your version was buggy at that time. You should by the way give a company 3 times a chance to rectification. This is also something in our german laws. :)
Last edited by Demuvi on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

WTH are you talking about? What is against the law here?

You guys are nuts.

You got to love being in the software business....

Your analogy of 'If the government suddenly required all cars to have 6 wheels, I'd also expect bmw to not tell me: "Sorry you bought last month's model, no addon kit for you"'..........

In your case bmw DID offer you a free upgrade, but you won't accept it because it doesn't fit in your garage :lol:

DOUBLE POST

Sorry, but forcing people to buy a dongle for an update is just ridiculous. Especially one that's not used by many and a different one than used by all the companies other software (eLicenser).
More BPM please

1. There is no forced dongle option. Codemeter uses 3 different authorization methods (Vengeance obviously chose 2 of those, online and dongle).
2. Noone is forced to update.

What's with the ill-informed extremism here?

dionenoid wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 pm Sorry, but forcing people to buy a dongle for an update is just ridiculous.
If I'm informed correctly, Codemeter was chosen BECAUSE it allows a non-dongle/software protection, thereby NOT forcing you to buy/use a dongle.

i have no problems with codemeter on reason, but i would have a big problem with dongle on elicenser. That's tha ambivalent situation of nexus. On the one hand nexus uses less cpu to run perfect on my mobile notebook, on the other hand i'am afraid to take the usb dongle with me, because i am afraid to destroy or loose it.
So online protection like ilok and codemeter are for me personaly the best options, allthough i prefer the copy protection of u-he, synapse audio or reveal audio. So hive2, dune 3 and spire work well on both system, without having access to the internet, if i am outside anywhere on holiday by plane with my notebook. Same works for ilok also, but on reason it is not as easy to use it on both systems, if i have no access to the internet. (Same problems with Wave btw.)

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm 1. There is no forced dongle option. Codemeter uses 3 different authorization methods (Vengeance obviously chose 2 of those, online and dongle).
2. Noone is forced to update.

What's with the ill-informed extremism here?
No offence, but it seems you are the ill-informed here. Please read the Avenger FB page before drawing any conclusions.

Here's a quote from Manual himself :
for those who want to use offline there is the possibility to buy a dongle. (does offline exist in 2019??? we are all online, all the time!)
More BPM please

Hello? You said they force you to buy a dongle. You can always use the online authorization. But, it seems like you don't want to use that either, and you don't update the OS on your music computer anyway. Or load updates for your plugins. Or whatever.

And, again, you don't have to update anyway. Go on using 1.4. You purchase software "as is", not "how it will be".

exactly. No one forces anyone. If you want 1.5. you have to use Codemeter. If you dont want, just continue using 1.4.10. or sell it. We cant make everyone happy.

Return to “Instruments”