Fathom Synth Development Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

RPH wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:53 pm :!: Can we move on instead of endless chat about copy protection?
Everett got the point already, and we provided suggestions and links.
It would be nice to move back to talking about the actual product again, tutorials / tips 'n tricks / wavetables and presets.

Thanks.
Word 8)
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Thanks everyone who signed up for the license installer beta test group.

All beta testers will get a free advance copy of the Intel AVX Vector Processing release (provided you are already a Pro member).

I like the uhe system also myself, but I do remember it taking a few steps including emails. The new Fathom system is literally a one button press and everything is done automatically for you.

Host com is automatic and is only executed in the installer never in the runtime VST. Also, it is optional for users who prefer to enable the product using email. The only reason people did not like the new system when we discussed it a few months ago is because it was a machine lock, so if I take out the machine lock and make it a simple user lock then I see no reason that people will not like it, especially since it is dead simple.

People have been asking for a real Fathom installer for ages, so the fact that the new license system also includes a real installer will probably make a lot of people happy especially since the new installer has one button press to install the files and one button press to add the license.

But licensing will now be handled in our private group.

So yes, we can move on from licensing back to functionality.

There will be a quick release this week with a fix for the Serum Import/Export to ensure that new Serum Wave Tables are saved correctly in presets.

Folks if you have any trouble with your wave tables imported back into Serum not being saved in presets please direct those questions to Fathom's support email. We don't want to take time out of Serum's support efforts because of a mistake on my part. I had a bit set wrong in the Serum exporter which will be fixed in the next release.

After that will be the Intel AVX Vector Processing release which will also include Fathom FX the Effects version of Fathom with the ability to route host audio on a track through any of Fathom's filters or effects. And it will also include the FM Synthesis change which allows different FM parameters in all connected FM oscillators as well as FM feedback routing.

Then after that there will be a release which includes a new Unified Oscillator which combines all the oscillators into one bit oscillator so you can morph between any of the oscillator types in real time and with modulation without being limited by them being separate oscillators. The new oscillator will also feature the waveform shift, compress, expand and chop applied to any waveform, not just applied to the frequency pulse.

It will also include Bezier curves in the additive spectrum as well as spectral morphing and spectral distortion.

It will also include a 16 channel digital delay where you can route any of the 16 channels into each other in any combination. This new digital delay effect is just like the existing 3 channel DDL except that there are 16 channels and you can modulate any of the dials !

All the code for the new Unified Oscillator and 16 Channel Delay is already written, I just need to port it into the main line of code and release it.

How again do we sign up for the beta test of the new system?

You just did.

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:16 pm You just did.
LOL. That's funny. That's what I like, no paperwork. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:01 pm
FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:16 pm You just did.
LOL. That's funny. That's what I like, no paperwork. :lol:
Can you include me too?
Fernando (FMR)

Me three?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

If you need anyone on Mac to beta test, I'd be happy to help out again.

OK, I have you all down for the trial, yes a Mac OSX tester would actually be awesome, thanks.

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 pm OK, I have you all down for the trial, yes a Mac OSX tester would actually be awesome, thanks.
I'm not really a synth deep-diver. But if you are looking for testing on varied OS', daw's etc, and for more show-stopping or superficial bugs, then I could maybe help :shrug:

FathomSynth wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm Then after that there will be a release which includes a new Unified Oscillator which combines all the oscillators into one bit oscillator so you can morph between any of the oscillator types in real time and with modulation without being limited by them being separate oscillators. The new oscillator will also feature the waveform shift, compress, expand and chop applied to any waveform, not just applied to the frequency pulse.

It will also include Bezier curves in the additive spectrum as well as spectral morphing and spectral distortion.
Wow, I'm pumped for the CPU bump, but getting some waveform mangling + beziers in for additive oscillators is going to realllllly spark my creativity. I think I asked for more oscillator bending and whatnot a while ago, so I'm pumped to see this finally being added. I've enjoyed Zebra's and Massive X's oscillator bending tools, but obviously it'll mean so much more in the Fathom ecosystem. Cool stuff, Everett!

me to for beta please

Yes, currently only the frequency pulse oscillator has wave crushing (shifting, expanding, contracting).

But in the universal oscillator all oscillator components including wave draw will have it.

It also has the spire wave chopping.

You can chop the wave with AM type slices with varying depth and frequency.

There are also extensive phase doubling capabilities, you can use random multi-channel phase doubling to create that high pressure air sound you get from a real Moog which is so hard to emulate digitally. No other synthesizer has this, not even the Moog emulators have it.

You can also take many of the oscillator parameters and apply them to alternating cycles, called "skip cycle" which creates very thick low frequency sub-oscillator tones.

All this is done, I just have to port the code.

Another OSX (10.12) user here if needed.

Erased ...Double posted for some reason.
Last edited by AmbieticA on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ambient Sound Design & Soundtrack Composition - http://ambietica.lyonsdenmultimedia.com/

Return to “Instruments”