Super 8 - New polysynth by Native Instruments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Then who would want one?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 am Then who would want one?
Me. But, i use repro5 instead. Kinda limited on space :hihi:

Just a tip: Yes, I do think Super8 sounds rather flat, but if you turn the character knob up to max it does get a little more depth. Not as much as other great synths but hey, better than nothing, I guess

I actually like the "flat/clean" sound. It only takes a couple of dials to 'juice' it up a bit. The filters character knob is quite nice. And the fm functions can enable nice and 'raw' sound possibilities. All in all, quite a nice little synth. Plus, it is completely open in Reaktor, so adding/changing (like the timing of the reverb tails) is possible, which is nice

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:28 pmIf that's what a real Prophet 5 sounds like I would never get along with it.
It is, in fact, exactly how a rev3 Prophet-5 sounds, because that's what u-he modeled (incidentally, also what NI Pro-53 was based on, too).
Sometimes I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. A developer makes a great emulation of a classic synth and there are still people who aren’t satisfied. :dog: I’ve put RePro up against several of my analogs, including a Prophet 6, and it totally holds its own on most sounds. The distortion aliases a bit on high notes, but for most cases it’s good.

Super 8 is great too, especially for the money. I used one of my credits and it was really cheap. It’s a different vibe, but really nice.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:55 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:07 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:28 pmIf that's what a real Prophet 5 sounds like I would never get along with it.
It is, in fact, exactly how a rev3 Prophet-5 sounds, because that's what u-he modeled (incidentally, also what NI Pro-53 was based on, too).
Sometimes I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. A developer makes a great emulation of a classic synth and there are still people who aren’t satisfied. :dog: I’ve put RePro up against several of my analogs, including a Prophet 6, and it totally holds its own on most sounds. The distortion aliases a bit on high notes, but for most cases it’s good.

Super 8 is great too, especially for the money. I used one of my credits and it was really cheap. It’s a different vibe, but really nice.
Some people have just too much of free time to moan how not analogue and not convincing stuff can be.

I think you're being a bit unfair here. Nobody is saying it doesn't sound analogue, or how much analogue it is. We're just discussing the sound itself, and how we perceive it. It happens I think it's kinda flat, and v1o agrees with me, that's all. Matter of taste, I guess we all still can have our own (and talk about it), can't we?

exmatproton wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm I actually like the "flat/clean" sound. It only takes a couple of dials to 'juice' it up a bit. The filters character knob is quite nice. And the fm functions can enable nice and 'raw' sound possibilities. All in all, quite a nice little synth. Plus, it is completely open in Reaktor, so adding/changing (like the timing of the reverb tails) is possible, which is nice
Cool, I do think Super8 is great in a "support" role, putting it in the background of other synths. It has an energy of its own

Sinisterbr wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:33 pm
exmatproton wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm I actually like the "flat/clean" sound. It only takes a couple of dials to 'juice' it up a bit. The filters character knob is quite nice. And the fm functions can enable nice and 'raw' sound possibilities. All in all, quite a nice little synth. Plus, it is completely open in Reaktor, so adding/changing (like the timing of the reverb tails) is possible, which is nice
Cool, I do think Super8 is great in a "support" role, putting it in the background of other synths. It has an energy of its own
Actually, to my ears, it reminds me a bit of hive2 on clean settings. A little bit less harsh i guess, but i use this (super8) for main leads as well. I don't like the build in reverb though. So i changed it a bit

LOL Native instruments silently raised the price from 69 up to 99

69 was introduction price.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:25 pm 69 was introduction price.
I wonder where was it said it was introductionary price? because to my knowledge there wasnt. Futhermore when i tried to use my voucher i was able to do that and according to Q&A about vouchers, you cannot use on discounted products. So again, where was it said it was introductionary price?

99? Wow, suddenly it became not worth its price, imho

Sinisterbr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:10 pm 99? Wow, suddenly it became not worth its price, imho
I think it’s probably worth 99. It sounds amazing. Glad I got it for 44 with a voucher though
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

The price hike might be related to Black Friday / Christmas "50% off" type offers..
Not sure about Germany specifically, but some EU countries have laws where the advertised price must remain at a certain level for a certain amount of time before you're legally allowed to say "x% off"

Since many people will figure it's likely to be put in the next Komplete bundle I doubt there'll be much volume sold outside of sales times, now, anyway..

Return to “Instruments”