Native Instruments Layoffs?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Forgotten
KVRAF
3345 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am

Tune in next week for the next exciting episode of Life at Native Instruments...

yehboy1
KVRian
517 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Re: Native Instruments Layoffs?

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:31 am

"Software is dead." - Nietzche
Last edited by yehboy1 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unaspected
KVRian
963 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 am

reggie1979 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:19 am
This is one of the weirdest threads. It was all speculation, then some serious stuff, then a bunch of people saying it was fake news, and now we're accusing NI of misleading us. Oh internet, you are so wonky!
Indeed. I can understand those let go being upset about it but it's no issue for me as a consumer of their products. It doesn't indicate that anything is happening to the company that will negatively impact on the end user. This could be great for us. All we know is that the company is having a bit of a reshuffle.

How am I meant to contain my excitement?

robotmonkey
KVRAF
2202 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am

Forgotten wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am
Tune in next week for the next exciting episode of Life at Native Instruments...

Page 60. :party: :party: :party: I guess, congratulations to us all. Great quintessential kvrian thread - 60 pages in and almost no substance whatsoever. :hihi:

And I've read it all :help:
No signature here!

chk071
KVRAF
21594 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:52 am

Hey... at least the thread managed to not get closed in 60 pages. I guess that's a big improvement. :party:

telecode
KVRian
1036 posts since 24 Mar, 2015 from Toronto, Canada

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:54 am

reggie1979 wrote:
This is one of the weirdest threads. It was all speculation, then some serious stuff, then a bunch of people saying it was fake news, and now we're accusing NI of misleading us. Oh internet, you are so wonky!
*All* there NI layoff threads on all forums have been speculation and people talking out of their ass. (GS, KVR, Cakewalk.. even NI forums ) you name it. No one knows diddley but they like to post. Even people that dont actually use, or havent used an NI product in ages..
Just a keep on a goin' a forward, without a single ounce of fear

CapnLockheed
KVRAF
2247 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Central NY

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 am

All we know is that the company is having a bit of a reshuffle.
That could be a GOOD thing! Maybe they will finally allow Efflam Le Bivic, (Mokafix)
to use his coding skills instead of just designing their, (IMHO), rather silly looking recent
GUI's. Efflam has a knack for coding good distortions. I worked with him directly from the
beginning of Mokafix till he closed shop. I still love and use his stompbox emulations.
I would love to see these get integrated into Guitar Rig and have him try his hand at
updating G5's rather limp wristed ampsims. C'mon NI!! Give us Guitar Rig 6....and bring back Rig Control....PLEASE!!
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot

BlitBit
KVRist
280 posts since 28 Nov, 2013 from Germany

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:41 pm

yehboy1 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:31 am
"Software is dead." - Nietzche
Longer "quote": "Software is dead. Software remains dead. And we have killed it." - Nietzsche

Stefken
KVRAF
1556 posts since 9 Nov, 2016

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 pm

Software is dead. Long live software.

SiliconDeath
KVRist
214 posts since 21 Feb, 2017

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:14 pm

I wonder if they should re-enter into hardware emulation arena again. I haven't seen any new compressors/saturator FX plugins from them lately. There can't be too many saturators in the market.. :D

Forgotten
KVRAF
3345 posts since 15 Apr, 2019 from Nowhere

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:16 pm

I wouldn't think they would be adding new product lines just yet considering they just had these layoffs

spunkmuffin
KVRian
885 posts since 5 Sep, 2014 from Heaven

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Maybe they'll have a special Layoff Sale
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

exmatproton
KVRAF
2498 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:16 pm

robotmonkey wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:50 am
Forgotten wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:27 am

Page 60. :party: :party: :party: I guess, congratulations to us all. Great quintessential kvrian thread - 60 pages in and almost no substance whatsoever. :hihi:

And I've read it all :help:
We have no life, really

vurt
addled muppet weed
50350 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Unaspected wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 am
reggie1979 wrote:
Indeed. I can understand those let go being upset about it but it's no issue for me as a consumer of their products. It doesn't indicate that anything is happening to the company that will negatively impact on the end user. This could be great for us. All we know is that the company is having a bit of a reshuffle.

How am I meant to contain my excitement?

seeing that kids face reminds me of the first time i took mushrooms. :o
wasnt much older than her and do remember it kicking in in class (ms mackenzie) and ending up in the nurses room :hihi:

Ficciones
KVRist
37 posts since 1 Jul, 2019

Post Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:43 pm

It's going to be something really boring like rebranding everything consistently and putting sounds.com and metapop.com and everything else on subdomains of onenative.com, and badgering you to visit one when you visit the other. But they're paying some Shingy looking consultant 700 grand to tell them to do this.

Worst case scenario you'll have to use their proprietary app to browse it instead of just having it on the web.

Return to “Instruments”