Soundtoys 6 - What would you like to see?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Decapitator
+ oversampling
+ some more noise options

better and faster support. Maybe its me but Soundtoys never respond to my request although I have sent a 2nd reminder.
shame on you :/

Oversampling, maybe more options to midi trigger the filterfreak (I never got it to work proparly). Maybe some plugin toolset designed to process vocals (ideally with "little" version for real-time use, features such gate/de-esser/denoiser, big brother could tackle plosives and maybe de-verb). Maybe another EQ and Reverb, who knows maybe even a compressor that's rare in native sphere?

c_voltage wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 pm
elnn wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:52 am Delay time automation
Time is automatable in delays (both), or what was meant.
I know. Half/double time is not enough. Also dependent on project tempo, can’t fit it properly to it. It’s quite unusable.
Brzzzzzzt.

less sensitive mouse control.. just feels clunky and weak.. the guis need an overhaul to. get on it
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Little Alterboy's more complex big brother.

SiliconDeath wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:00 pm Oversampling, maybe more options to midi trigger the filterfreak (I never got it to work proparly). Maybe some plugin toolset designed to process vocals (ideally with "little" version for real-time use, features such gate/de-esser/denoiser, big brother could tackle plosives and maybe de-verb). Maybe another EQ and Reverb, who knows maybe even a compressor that's rare in native sphere?
Yes! Another Soundtoys reverb, something with a lot more options than Little Plate, would be super. 8)

I'd like to see 'feedback' devices in Effectrack.

At the moment turning up feedback/Recycle just routes the output back to the input of the rack. It would be nice to have control over where the feedback loop occurs.

And BigPlate, AlterBoy/Man. Perhaps a compressor and more versatile EQ.

Maybe an HD mode could be added to all plugins. I figure, given modern CPUs, they could offer the option for higher oversampling than what they're already doing.
Last edited by Broken on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some Native Instrument Guitar Rigness to turn sound into synthesized madness

Soundtoys 6 what would I like to see? Soundtoys 7 on it's way. :lol:

I'm always a bit surprised that there are no compressors in the Soundtoys rack (have grown to think of MJUC as the 5th Beatle), so that'd be nice. Tbh, there are only so many directions you can take a vintage rack emulation. Maybe they'll do a big plate reverb or a spring tank, and a tape machine simulation is another obvious one.

Like everybody I'd welcome oversampling, but 'workflow improvements' are my #1. A resizeable UI, tweakable for easier reading (fonts/colours?), and maybe a faster & friendlier presets system - in the 'effect rack' plugin especially. That one always seems to slow me down and block my chi, even though it should be the best one. Might just be me, though.

They might be getting on a bit but these plugins are still amazing imho. Love me some Soundtoys.

A reverb like Little Plate with added pre-delay options. Lot of times I use pre-delays from another reverb and put Little Plate after that.

- Variable oversampling rates
- feedback in the rack
- VST3
- External sidechain insert for the modulator plugins that include envelope followers! (Filter Freak for sure, but also Tremolator, Crystallizer and Panman. Having an external sidechain opens up all sorts of cool stuff.)
- Decapitators auto-gain feature is just silly, it's only the same gain if you boost like 4 or 6 db. It would be cool if it were better scaled.

Last edited by Broken on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool

Return to “Effects”