Acoustics problems

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have problems with bass in my room. My room has a hexagon shape, size 10m.
It almost doesn't exist in my listening position. I tried to move the setup around but this didn't helped.
As I go backwards I hear more and more bass, most of it gathers in the end of the room at the top.
I understand that I need to put some bass traps, but not sure which type and how many?

Thanks

There's a very recent discussion on that very topic, here: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=531038

If you search the forum, there may be older threads about the same thing.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

I read them, but before I'm going to spend $$$ on this I need to understand if this actually going to fix this.
I'm looking at GIK acoustics panels, so for example if I'm going to hang on the rear wall two 244 bass traps 60/120cm, is it going to fix the null or I'll need more traps? Just trying to understand how much I'll have to spend on this.
Thanks.

I got the IK ARC 2.5 and think it helped... group buy still active!

I'm actually checking the option to buy a set of monitors with a small sub. Moving the sub to the right position is much easier then to move the whole setup around. Then probably I'll add some broadband panels to get rid of the reverb in the room. Finally I'll checkout this calibration thing, probably this come already with the monitors and the sub.

I would also chat with the people at GIK acoustics, they offer a free service. I sent them a bunch of photographs of my working environment, listed the issues I was having and they came back with some really helpful advice. That coupled with Sonarworks Reference 4 and the listening area is not bad and is at least consistent.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

I've already installed four 244 GIK panels around my desk. Probably it's far from perfect flat response, but it solved resonance problems from the front wall and first reflections.

i've always just used egg crate foam. some
folks just use egg cartons themselves. probably get slightly better results from the really expensive stuff, but you would have to have a movie studio grade/ purple rain type studio to really tell the dif. try padding the room with egg carton foam.

^^^ and hang heavy blankets or rugs if you can get them to make artificial walls.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”