skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Version with less spotlight (just a preview, no download)

Image Image

studio4 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:40 am Version with less spotlight (just a preview, no download)

the prev looks much better

Way more natural colors fir that background, yes.
:clap:

(I would love to have the lights and displays in yellow instead of red, at least as an option available in the skin files for example if not directly in the installed skins as I can't see the red on black :oops: )
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

studio4 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:40 am Version with less spotlight (just a preview, no download)

I think this is an improvement. :tu:

Just a mention: PW is not vertically aligned. Even with the crown of Detune just below, I think that PW could even be aligned.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

I placed it higher because of the Detune knob underneath. Otherwise the position of the PW-label would have been too close to it, resulting in a false association. When I tested the skin, I was regularly using the wrong Detune knob instead of the PW knob. That's why I corrected it. This wouldn't have been necessary if the Detune knob was smaller like the Multi knob in the filter section.
Image Image

Is there a way to change the knobs images as well? I found nothing about that

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:48 pm Is there a way to change the knobs images as well? I found nothing about that
No, it's planned for a future release.

Ok, thank you!

nice skins!
< nobody cares what you use >

Looks great..! Where is this available and how are the skins replaced in the Audio Units / OSX version?

zmix wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:16 am Looks great..! Where is this available and how are the skins replaced in the Audio Units / OSX version?
Sadly the artist didn't make it available but you can download a very similar one by roodegar:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucw6q9vrtygku ... c.zip?dl=0

Place the Ruekin OB-Xa Classic folder at Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Skins and select it by right clicking on OB-Xd GUI.

discoDSP wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:46 am
zmix wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:16 am Looks great..! Where is this available and how are the skins replaced in the Audio Units / OSX version?
Sadly the artist didn't make it available but you can download a very similar one by roodegar:

Place the Ruekin OB-Xa Classic folder at Documents > discoDSP > OB-Xd > Skins and select it by right clicking on OB-Xd GUI.
Is the version of OB-Xd that is with Unify also skinnable?

Examigan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:25 am
discoDSP wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:46 am

Is the version of OB-Xd that is with Unify also skinnable?
That's useful, thanks where can I find the original "OB-X" style skin (Grey and Black)?

Examigan wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:25 am Is the version of OB-Xd that is with Unify also skinnable?
Yes. If you take a look at source code modified by Shane https://github.com/pluginguru/OB-Xd/com ... fc1c8c06a7 location was changed to Public Documents. On Windows this may be somewhere like "C:\Users\Public\Documents", on OSX it will be something like "/Users/Shared" followed by discoDSP > OB-Xd > Skins path for both.
zmix wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:40 am That's useful, thanks where can I find the original "OB-X" style skin (Grey and Black)?
It may be on this thread. Don't remember exactly, sorry.

Return to “Instruments”