Rekombinator II, granular sample recycler for Kontakt 5

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Rekombinator Rekombinator II

And here's interface/feature overview, in more detailed manner...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqHVdf5yA0s

Looks great! Don't have full Kontakt, but if i ever get it I'll definitely looks this up. Wishing you success :tu:

Thank you. Player license is big gamble for such niche thing, so full Kontakt all the way I'm afraid. But it's Kontakt 5, which tend to go cheaper on marketplace, since K6 arrived.

Zombie Queen wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:40 pm Thank you. Player license is big gamble for such niche thing, so full Kontakt all the way I'm afraid. But it's Kontakt 5, which tend to go cheaper on marketplace, since K6 arrived.
I understand the 'Player' issue, and wouldn't expect smaller developers to be too interested in going down that route.

As for Kontakt? Will probably hold on for the moment. Next Summer might be my time to finally upgrade to Komplete.

Sounds like a good plan. I've never got to get Komplete myself. It is a bit overwhelming, I keep wondering if I would be able to find time and disc space to use it all.

Zombie Queen wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:57 pm Sounds like a good plan. I've never got to get Komplete myself. It is a bit overwhelming, I keep wondering if I would be able to find time and disc space to use it all.
Remember, you don't have to install it all :tu: And unless you only want a couple of the products, it seems to work out better to grab the full product during their summer sales (Better still if you already own one of their bigger products, as you get a cheaper upgrade price).
In my case, I've slowly built up quite a nice collection that I've bought second-hand. However, I still don't have Kontakt or Una Corda, both of which I'd like. If I buy in the summer sale, not only do I get those products cheaper, but I get Massive X also.

Looks really great, congrats!
Could you please explain how can we load our own samples?
Thanks in advance.

enCiphered wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:12 pm Could you please explain how can we load our own samples?
Sure, here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOIeMyNu2BA

The process is hopefully simple enough and IMO as simple as possible considering Kontakt's boundaries.
- clone existing group,
- drop in the sample into new group,
- (optionally) rename the group,
- refresh the instrument and the new sample/group is available in the browser.

So you can add more samples on top of existing ones or make alternative patch.

Zombie Queen wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:17 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:12 pm Could you please explain how can we load our own samples?
Sure, here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOIeMyNu2BA

The process is hopefully simple enough and IMO as simple as possible considering Kontakt's boundaries.
- clone existing group,
- drop in the sample into new group,
- (optionally) rename the group,
- refresh the instrument and the new sample/group is available in the browser.

So you can add more samples on top of existing ones or make alternative patch.
Wow, thank you so much! :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:49 pmRemember, you don't have to install it all :tu:
Nonsense! But of course you do. :hihi:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:49 pmIn my case, I've slowly built up quite a nice collection that I've bought second-hand.
Same here, because of Komplete these have quite low resale value, which is good for second-hand bargains. I think I could break even if I've sold all individual NI products I've got and just bought Komplete. But that would be such a hassle... It seems easier to hunt down few products I'd like to get on marketplace.

ooh sounds fun! :tu:

I got this and it's awesome

Happy to hear that you think so.

Anyone with Komplete Kontrol keyboard controller would like to help a bit with this one?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”