Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:04 am Hopefully Props are working on new DAW, maybe they can integrate at least a portion of the huge number features I conceptualized before version 8 was released 5 years ago as documented and illustrated here. Competition is a good thing.... :-D
I’m genuinely curious: what have you done with these many feature concepts over the past 5+ years, aside from documenting them on KVR? Have you engaged with Propellerhead and discussed these ideas with them? I’m not assuming one or the other. It’s just that, if you are only posting them here, that would be akin to putting a message in a bottle, throwing it into the ocean, and hoping for the best.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm I’m genuinely curious: what have you done with these many feature concepts over the past 5+ years, aside from documenting them on KVR? Have you engaged with Propellerhead and discussed these ideas with them? I’m not assuming one or the other. It’s just that, if you are only posting them here, that would be akin to putting a message in a bottle, throwing it into the ocean, and hoping for the best.
No, he's been posting his "take" on redesigns for years and years, and countless threads. Before the Propellerhead forums shut down, he did it there. And before he left Reasontalk, he did it there. I'm sure Propellerhead/Reason Studios are very well aware of his "take"... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

But as annoying as it is, he's not really done anything "wrong" :shrug:

He's just posting his opinion, right? Isn't that what we do here?

deastman wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm I’m genuinely curious: what have you done with these many feature concepts over the past 5+ years, aside from documenting them on KVR? Have you engaged with Propellerhead and discussed these ideas with them? I’m not assuming one or the other. It’s just that, if you are only posting them here, that would be akin to putting a message in a bottle, throwing it into the ocean, and hoping for the best.
Propellerheads do actively source people from forums they are interested in communicating with in regard to the development of Reason and when they do, they have strict NDA policies in regard to such information with official forms in which you need to print and send by the postal mail service. I know this as it was a requirement for me to follow some years back... Even the content of the discussions I've had are private and can't be divulged... What I can say though is that the formally named 'Propellerheads' are aware of what has been made publicly available by myself beyond that of forums for some time. There has been some big internal shifts with management and direction with Props and the way Reason has turned... so unexpected things do happen. VST Instruments for example...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:16 pm But as annoying as it is, he's not really done anything "wrong" :shrug:

No one said he did anything wrong, did they? If they did, I missed that part.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:21 pm Propellerheads do actively source people from forums they are interested in communicating with in regard to the development of Reason and when they do, they have strict NDA policies in regard to such information with official forms in which you need to print and send by the postal mail service. I know this as it was a requirement for me to follow some years back... Even the content of the discussions I've had are private and can't be divulged... What I can say though is that the formally named 'Propellerheads' are aware of what has been made publicly available by myself beyond that of forums for some time. There has been some big internal shifts with management and direction with Props and the way Reason has turned... so unexpected things do happen. VST Instruments for example...
Are you suggesting your alleged internal/NDA discussions have resulted in VST support... in Reason? :o :lol:

EnochLight wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:35 pm Are you suggesting your alleged internal/NDA discussions have resulted in VST support... in Reason? :o :lol:
Hardly... lol.

VST implementation has been requested from as far back as Reason 2.0 on public forums, if not before.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

EnochLight wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:33 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:16 pm But as annoying as it is, he's not really done anything "wrong" :shrug:

No one said he did anything wrong, did they? If they did, I missed that part.
But you guys are jumping all over him. Why is that? He's not being rude that I'm aware of.

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:43 pm Why is that?
KVR. :party:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:42 pm Hardly... lol.

VST implementation has been requested from as far back as Reason 2.0 on public forums, if not before.
I know, Scotty - I'm totally kidding. :party: :D
reggie1979 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:43 pm But you guys are jumping all over him. Why is that? He's not being rude that I'm aware of.
ScottyM (theintrancer) has never been rude, to my knowledge. But many do have with him a long and storied history that you are not privy to. :tu:

That's fine but I hate gangs. I hate it when people pile it on. What's the point? I don't agree with him, but I'm not going to attack him personally like "you know who" and then pile it on like he's not even a person :shrug:

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:33 pm That's fine but I hate gangs. I hate it when people pile it on. What's the point? I don't agree with him, but I'm not going to attack him personally like "you know who" and then pile it on like he's not even a person :shrug:
Are we reading the same thing? Who has attacked him personally? Who is suggesting he’s not a person?!

The rabbit for one. And the people lol'ing over that. Really? I mean seriously? You don't see it?

Man, that is a shame.

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:02 am The rabbit for one. And the people lol'ing over that. Really? I mean seriously? You don't see it?

Man, that is a shame.
The Dunning-Kruger effect comment??! People were lol'ing because it was funny. If you're not familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect, nor its persistence in Internet forum/chat room discussions for the last 25+ years, then that is a shame.

And I am pretty sure they made it a vsti just because of my posts in here.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”