Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Alan Valdez wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:19 am hi!! there is a chance that i can get the first patch you used in the live event??? sounded amazing!
The first patch I played is one of my absolute favorite VM patches. It's called Into The Deep, and it's in the Pads category in the AmpereSonic Volume 1 preset library, by Granucon. It's available for $9 here: https://store.cherryaudio.com/presets/a ... c-volume-1

Note that most or all of these presets require ownership of modules in Voltage Modular. If you don't have Core, it's on sale for a crazy-low price of $50, for three more days. https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ctro-drums

Thanks for watching my broadcast!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

For a potential new buyer, how's any included documentation (manuals) for this? Or is there any recommended tutorials/sites to get a god understanding of what the modues do, and how they tie together?

sbmongoose wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 pm For a potential new buyer, how's any included documentation (manuals) for this? Or is there any recommended tutorials/sites to get a god understanding of what the modues do, and how they tie together?
https://docs.cherryaudio.com/ + youtube search :phones:

sbmongoose wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 pm For a potential new buyer, how's any included documentation (manuals) for this? Or is there any recommended tutorials/sites to get a good understanding of what the modules do, and how they tie together?
Our video page has several good tutorials, made by us and by others: https://cherryaudio.com/resources/videos. I'd particularly recommend watching Parts 1 & 2 of our Beginner's Guide series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe_EoXOMMU4

In general, any tutorial videos you find on modular synthesis (and synthesis in general) would apply to Voltage Modular, which works essentially identical to hardware.

And of course, if you're still a bit stuck, you can ask questions here, on our forums, on our Facebook page!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

plexuss wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:11 pm
rollasoc wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 pm You know that point, when you are waiting for a sale to end, so you don't have to buy something. And you feel all good about yourself, since you were restrained and didn't buy something. Then you get an email saying the sale is extended and you have to have self cpntrol for another two weeks.

I've reached that point.
Spend!
Now look what you made me do.... Only bought 3 bundles. Dagnamit

rollasoc wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:05 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:11 pm
rollasoc wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:58 pm You know that point, when you are waiting for a sale to end, so you don't have to buy something. And you feel all good about yourself, since you were restrained and didn't buy something. Then you get an email saying the sale is extended and you have to have self cpntrol for another two weeks.

I've reached that point.
Spend!
Now look what you made me do.... Only bought 3 bundles. Dagnamit
Good boy/girl/other. I did too - I bought 8 bundles. doh! :party: :phones: :party:

Dan i must said i m impressed, i purchased voltage when it come out but i was not able to find my way to use it the way i wish, i try it a second time and it was a HUGE surprise ! Congratulations ! You take my money lol one year bundle and voltage ! I love it just like i like softube modular.CONGRATULATION

I can only afford one more bundle. I am trying to decide between the PSP Ultimate Modular Collection and the MRB Laboratory Bundle. I have the Core with the Electro Drums. Any recommendations?

courtjestr wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 pm I can only afford one more bundle. I am trying to decide between the PSP Ultimate Modular Collection and the MRB Laboratory Bundle. I have the Core with the Electro Drums. Any recommendations?
Yes. PSP Ultimate. It's a great price right now and there are many useful good sounding modules. Many are a step up from the Cherry modules. the MRB bundle is very nice and offers a really nice sounding alternative to the Cherry modules but I think the PSP bundle at the current sale price vastly offers more for the money. It's almost a no-brainer.

the MRB pretty much gives you supposedly "higher quality" versions of the fundamental modules (vco, vca, vcf, adsr), plus the distortion module and a frequency shifter

the PSP bundle gives a you a bunch of sound processors (eq, comp) and effects (delay, plate/hall/spring reverb, flanger, phaser, chorus, formant filter, comb filter, pitch shifter, bitcrusher)
it sure gives you more variety coming from Core

The two Vult bundles are also worth considering. They will give you a wide range of oscilators, filters and distorters that expand the sound possibilities of Voltage. The PSP bundle has useful high quality sounding middle-of-the-road modules, where-as the Vult modules are more outside-the-box in their sound.

I bought them for VCV and re-bought them for Voltage...
They're all great modules, and Vult Basal is probably my favorite oscillator.

I kind of avoided the PSP modules exactly because they offer more traditional effects etc. With the Plugin Host module in Core, they seemed a bit redundant - I've already got jillions of reverbs and flangers and choruses. And the PSP modules don't have too many CV inputs, so it's not like they're that much easier to wire up and automate than any third-party plugins would be.

Maybe I'm wrong, though...
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Are there any pitch-to-CV modules in the store besides the one that's part of Cherry's ESP-20?
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:36 am I kind of avoided the PSP modules exactly because they offer more traditional effects etc. With the Plugin Host module in Core, they seemed a bit redundant - I've already got jillions of reverbs and flangers and choruses. And the PSP modules don't have too many CV inputs, so it's not like they're that much easier to wire up and automate than any third-party plugins would be.

Maybe I'm wrong, though...
I find the PSP modules supplement the Core modules nicely. They really expand the palette more than parallel it. The effects are better sounding and more versatile, shout out to the reverbs. The compressor is really nice to have as a module, the nitro modules are unique in the way they work, etc. I think its a compliment. If you think about it this makes sense that a company making modules would avoid redundancy with the stock modules - why would they make modules that similar to those the user would already have? Try the demo.

I just picked up the Benard Minis. They are so cute and I do like using mini modules. again this is an example of where the dev not only worked to make mini versions of common modules but also give them some unique aspects. it's good for business!

Return to “Instruments”