Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WasteLand wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:44 pm there is now also subscription bundle for unfiltered audio plugins.. so they want to sell that
Do you get a rebate if you own most of them already?

WasteLand wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:44 pm there is now also subscription bundle for unfiltered audio plugins.. so they want to sell that..
If the loyalty discount isn't very attractive, I might sub for a month or two to see how I like it (and Zip too) and then save up to get a perpetual license at some point. I feel like I already have what I need in my current collection, but I do like the idea of combining BYOME (which I love) and synthesis together, especially using common mod sources to automate synth and effect parameters simultaneously.
Always Read the Manual!

i own all them but one (sandman, because of sandman pro) and lion of course. i don't think you get a rebate...

but beside discounts;

the second try: making own sounds; crazy stuff easily made, the stuff i like.

first impressions;

no...PWM :o Ah,,,there is PWM in the Smokestack; good

no...Unison settings except for the amount of voices :o Ah,,,they're hidden in the sliders (which are normally being used for modulation depth) :dog: ; good

the quantize settings on the OSC's isn't working. Only NONE and Chromatic work (the q settings do work on the Byome section in Lion) :neutral:

no phase/retrigger options for the OSC's :o

on 4x and 8x oversample settings (OFFLINE), the release is hanging (hanging notes). When i bridge the plugin (in FL Studio) the settings work properly :(

The standard LP12 filter has zipping artifacts and too much resonance to be a 12db/o filter, so weird :?:

The filters or the output have a drive/clipping which cannot be disabled. 100% resonance = clipping/saturation without being driven to hard inside the daw... :?:

All the simple OSC's have a SUB which CAN'T be disabled or turned down in volume........ :dog:

This thing isn't finished AT ALL

Not sure how that quantization bug made it into release. Just fixed it. I'll post public betas next week with that fixed.

The output has a clipper that comes after the gain knob. If you're running into the clipper, try turning that knob down to avoid it.

The Simple Oscs only have an active SUB when the SUB tuning is turned off of 0 st. Otherwise, they're just single oscillator modes.

We'll look into that oversampling bug and the LP 12 zippering right away. The LP12 is directly from Indent/Dent, so there may have been an optimization that weakened the interpolation.

thelizard wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:14 pm Not sure how that quantization bug made it into release. Just fixed it. I'll post public betas next week with that fixed.
Thanks!
thelizard wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:14 pm The output has a clipper that comes after the gain knob. If you're running into the clipper, try turning that knob down to avoid it.
Yeah. Better to have a button for that so a user can disable it. I usually work transparant in a synth and do that kind of stuff in the DAW itself.
thelizard wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:14 pm The Simple Oscs only have an active SUB when the SUB tuning is turned off of 0 st. Otherwise, they're just single oscillator modes.
? I can't turn the SUB off. When changing the pitch (the only control available), the 'first' OSC is apart from the SUB and the volume dips. When the SUB is @ 0, the volume is 2 times as loud (2 stacked OSC with the same phase)
thelizard wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:14 pm We'll look into that oversampling bug and the LP 12 zippering right away. The LP12 is directly from Indent/Dent, so there may have been an optimization that weakened the interpolation.
Yeah, the oversampling is doing weird stuff. Sometimes it even delays the incoming midi (or outgoing audio) with seconds.
The LP12 is a weird filter. Especially at lower freq's.

Modulating the PW knobs gives a very nasty result in the low end. Popping

1 smokestack osc, filter is irrelevant, 1 LFO to pwm. Low and high speeds of the LFO give similar popping in the low end.

Edit; actually, the osc audio is offsetting every now and then when modulating the pw. That's causing the popping. It seems like the dc offset is changing randomly WITH the modulation
Last edited by exmatproton on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This demo released before a price is revealed shtick is getting really old.

And still no wide mode!

graspee wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm This demo released before a price is revealed shtick is getting really old.

And still no wide mode!
There is a wide mode. In the bottom right corner. It expands the view to the right

It just scales the whole window for me.

edit: no wait, I see it. All it does is add a bit on to the side though, it's not resizable how wide you go.

graspee wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:06 pm It just scales the whole window for me.

edit: no wait, I see it. All it does is add a bit on to the side though, it's not resizable how wide you go.
True. It just adds a bit on the right. Not too much, but it is 'okay'

need to look at the manual on this one...

svart wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 pm need to look at the manual on this one...
i had the same

exmatproton wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 pm
svart wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 pm need to look at the manual on this one...
i had the same
yeah, something strange with the gui.
now reaper crashed when closing lion...great...

This is the first synth in a while that can really tank my cpu.

Return to “Instruments”