The Mangle (SoundGuru), is it still alive ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are going to be some plugins/companies that are not going to be able to either conduct business in the usual way, or close up shop. These are some of the risks dealing with this bleeding-edge industry. It's slightly more risky to deal with smaller companies. It's just a risk you have to accept because of the nature of reality vs desire. The first few of these abandonment issues you experience are usually hard to swallow. It's good to work on getting used to it if you buy plugins from different companies. rock on. :band:

sinkmusic wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm While i find sad to see Mangle and Tangle abandonware, I think it is a bit harsh : the software on his website have demos (so you can try them before buying), and the price is quite cheap (so it's a bit unfair to think that he's getting rich with selling £19 plugins).
Agreed.

Bodhisan wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:22 pm
sinkmusic wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm While i find sad to see Mangle and Tangle abandonware, I think it is a bit harsh : the software on his website have demos (so you can try them before buying), and the price is quite cheap (so it's a bit unfair to think that he's getting rich with selling £19 plugins).
Agreed.
Except what if the demo works, you then buy it and find out that the paid for version doesn't work or has numerous bugs and you've got a developer who's MIA? Then what?

Sorry, there is no excuse for the way Tom does business. If he's not going to support his product (even provide a download link if during the sale process you don't get one) then he needs to take the site down. It isn't right and there is no justifying it.

Yeah. This thing has been a letdown all around. I still play with it sometimes, but I sample the output because I’m worried that a random system update might make it unstable.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Didn't pay much for it. Couldn't figure out how it worked in the short time I played with it (I'm a dumbo).

I like the fact that the dev was just some guy who hadn't really coded before but took a flight of fancy and decided to code a granular synth.

Lots of people seemed to like it.

It's a small purchase and one that doesn't leave me bitter.

I took a flyer. I still got the plugin. I'm sure it will still work on my old legacy systems.

Good luck to the dev.

Sometimes you get your money's worth.

People face all kinds of problems, family, personal...

If someone wants to drop off the face of the earth, that's their right.

As long as no one is owed any 'goods' or money, I don't have a problem with the dev fading in to oblivion. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.

I got mine. It kinda works.

Cut the dev some slack, you don't know what's going on in his life.

plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:59 pm There are going to be some plugins/companies that are not going to be able to either conduct business in the usual way, or close up shop. These are some of the risks dealing with this bleeding-edge industry. It's slightly more risky to deal with smaller companies. It's just a risk you have to accept because of the nature of reality vs desire. The first few of these abandonment issues you experience are usually hard to swallow. It's good to work on getting used to it if you buy plugins from different companies. rock on. :band:
Mos Def. :harp:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:32 pm Sorry, there is no excuse for the way Tom does business. If he's not going to support his product (even provide a download link if during the sale process you don't get one) then he needs to take the site down. It isn't right and there is no justifying it.
This. He should either stop selling it, or give it away for free. Setting customer's up for problems and agitation and a potential waste of money is crooked.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

i have v1.1.1 and it works fine. Maybe I got lucky.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:24 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:23 pm Quanta, glitchmachines palindrome and new sonic arts granite are the best I can think quickly.
I have Granite (won it in their raffle) and don't like it at all. The sound is harsh and it doesn't have near the flexibility of other granular synths.
It's silky smooth drone machine :tu:

I not used it a long time (since win 7 perhaps), but now tried install on win 10 64bit after reading posts here, so, all works properly (tried to load factory presets, and load my some old saved presets - not noticed any issues). Play and works ok. Although this is a quick check, maybe need better for catch something, i dont know.
Version the same 111.
Studio One 3

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:42 am
wagtunes wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:24 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:23 pm Quanta, glitchmachines palindrome and new sonic arts granite are the best I can think quickly.
I have Granite (won it in their raffle) and don't like it at all. The sound is harsh and it doesn't have near the flexibility of other granular synths.
It's silky smooth drone machine :tu:
For you maybe. Not for me.

Try Padshop Pro.

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:49 am Try Padshop Pro.
Have it.

Don't look back then. :D

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:42 am Don't look back then. :D
Padshop Pro is fine. Even did a library for it. But it's not The Mangle. PP has 2 layers max. Mangle has like 8 or 10. Forget. I can do things with Mangle that PP can't even begin to do. It's that simple.

Return to “Instruments”