So... Is Guitar Rig dead?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

machinesworking wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:42 pm
Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:28 pm He clarified in a post soon after what he meant by “software”. If it doesn’t get answered it doesn’t matter I guess.
Sure, but he was not doing it to get an answer, it was a rhetorical question. I think that's the part you're missing.
So you're telling him what I meant, are you?
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

machinesworking wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:45 am
reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:31 am Again, CONTEXT...............

Can you use it, of course. Is it being developed proper...............NOPE. Dead as a door-nail.
The big test is VST3. If they decide not to do a VST3 version, that's it, same with Absynth.
Do any software products (*) of theirs already have a VST3 version?

(* which are not drivers for hardware products)

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:55 pm Let me ask you a question. Why do you guys keep on? It's been YEARS since there was an update. Why do you keep insisting that it's going to be developed further.
Has it actually needed an update in that period of time? And by that I mean needed for actual technical reasons like incompatibilities (eg with yet another Apple plugin spec update or something) rather than just to salve the superstition and paranoia of various end-users who think code somehow degenerates when the datestamp on the .dll isnt recent enough.

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 am
teilo wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:05 am This plugin is no more. It has ceased to be. It has expired and gone to meet its maker. It's a stiff. Bereft of life, it rests in peace. It's computational processes are now history. It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off it's mortal coil. This is an Ex-Plugin!
:lol:

But is it a Norwegian Blue ?
And now for something completely different.

I guess everything important has been said. There hasn’t been a dedicated team since at least 2011. Bug fixes are usually provided for the existing features, with some exceptions for some users.

There is still notable development of effects going on in-house as the Crush Pack and Mod Pack demonstrate. Some still like the sound of GR, everyone else should save Stereo In and Noise Gate off as the default setup and see if they like it as an effects rack without the amps. No complete update of amp models in sight. No amount of noise in the past eight years has made a difference in NI‘s attention for GR.

Is it at all possible to stop the excessive name calling and artificial resuscitation of a topic that deserves to go into the dark and rest with its ancestors?

I’m not disputing your right to freely discuss whatever you like. It’s just that if like me, you mostly use the Latest Post feature to see what’s hot and every time you open the link to a thread like this just to find people bored out of their minds, shouting at each other, showing off their supposed superiority or just outright bullying whoever they think slighted them in the past, you know, it gives KVRaudio a sour taste. I know the response in advance because it’s all too predictable by now. I am to just ignore it if I don’t like it. It’s my fault for even looking. Go away if you’re too cool for our banter. All that has also been done to death on KVRaudio.

There’s a reason why they put cops onto crash sites who just tell people to move along, nothing to see here.

I think there is actual good discussion to be had in this form. Love the interaction with developers. Love when people actually help each other. Love short reviews and examples when new stuff is released. If everyone just stopped polluting, it would be so much easier to find and enjoy the good stuff. Just a thought.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer ....

Do you have any idea what tielo was talking about ?
No auto tune...

Forgotten wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:46 pm Maybe check with him to see if it was rhetorical? I thought he was trying to validate whether they had actually canned any software in the past decade.
Yeah, for it not to have been rhetorical, I'd have to be 100% sure I knew the state of every single NI product in the past decade. And that certainly couldnt be the case, its completely unreasonable to think I would ever ask a question I didnt assume I already knew the answer to.

And since machinesworking knew 100% for sure that I was absolutely convinced I knew that information, it cant possibly have been an straightforward question, it absolutely had to be framing and rhetorical. That's just logic.

Not only that, but because of that 100% insight he had into what I thought I knew and what I thought I meant, he was able to work out that the whole question was a nefarious mechanism designed to allow me to tell him what he meant.

In retrospect, his revelations of what he read in my mind were indeed the only proper and fair pre-emption of my plan to engineer a situation in which I could speak for him.

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:17 am medienhexer ....

The first line of his post would suggest so :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:37 am

I‘m merely suggesting that we, like the pet shop owner in that sketch, start accepting that some discussions are dead like that particular parrot.

Just because we can annoy people out of our pet store, doesn’t mean we have to keep drawing in people from the sidewalk so we can keep arguing.

I found it refreshing when the Massive X thread was closed until there was actually something to discuss. We have 20 pages of none-topic in this thread already, on top of all the non-topical discussion in every previous thread.

There’s comparisons between amp modelers going on elsewhere, discussion about the company as such in another thread, everyone who has any insider information to share has given their input.

The OP asked whether GR was dead (not being actively developed), and all the answers were given. The rest is just fighting over who can stay in the pet shop the longest.

If you enjoy the he-said-she-said so much, there are other outlets for that. Not judging, where there’s a need, there’s a market.

It’s just that for people who come here for the news and sense of community, to find the Kardashians on all the time, it’s really unhelpful.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:26 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:37 am

I‘m merely suggesting that we, like the pet shop owner in that sketch, start accepting that some discussions are dead like that particular parrot.

Just because we can annoy people out of our pet store, doesn’t mean we have to keep drawing in people from the sidewalk so we can keep arguing.

I found it refreshing when the Massive X thread was closed until there was actually something to discuss. We have 20 pages of none-topic in this thread already, on top of all the non-topical discussion in every previous thread.

There’s comparisons between amp modelers going on elsewhere, discussion about the company as such in another thread, everyone who has any insider information to share has given their input.

The OP asked whether GR was dead (not being actively developed), and all the answers were given. The rest is just fighting over who can stay in the pet shop the longest.

If you enjoy the he-said-she-said so much, there are other outlets for that. Not judging, where there’s a need, there’s a market.

It’s just that for people who come here for the news and sense of community, to find the Kardashians on all the time, it’s really unhelpful.
Discussion is a dynamic thing, unless constrained by formal rules. Putting aside the fact that the original poster likely started this to troll/bate/flame (Only 6 posts, and they've now even redacted their name), there was no real discussion to be had. There are only a handful of people that actually know the answer to the original question, and none of them are going to be posting in this thread.

So, really, this whole thread is just pointless speculation, and deviation. And in the proceedings members have got into little sub-conversations. There seems to be nothing wrong with that; at least, until management decides there is.

But here you are, 20 pages in, starting your own conversation. Guess this pet-shop needed one more customer :tu:

You say you aren't judging, but you liken this thread to banal nonsense such as The Kardashians, and bemoan the "he-said-she-said", and the arguing. Maybe you should start buying your cat's food from the supermarket :shrug:

i dread to think, if this is the kardashians, who is going to get their arse out for a bumfie? (bum selfie).

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:45 pm i dread to think, if this is the kardashians, who is going to get their arse out for a bumfie? (bum selfie).
I don't know, who is most like a Hobbit and doesn't mind a lot of photoshopping of their photos?

hink, i bet hes got hairy feet.

(yes, so have i but as a wizard i am definitely not the hobbit around here)

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:00 pmyes, so have i but as a wizard i am definitely not the hobbit around here
you're not convincing anyone, shortarse.

(people who've not met him might not know, but he's 3 foot 6)

piss off, id be a foot shorter than the missus if that was the case :o

whyterabbyt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:11 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:00 pmyes, so have i but as a wizard i am definitely not the hobbit around here
you're not convincing anyone, shortarse.

(people who've not met him might not know, but he's 3 foot 6)
also, i have photographic evidence that im taller than both you and bruce dickinson
20190915_161907.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”