UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

BeeDog wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:13 am Did UVI stop supporting Falcon, or are they cooking up a bigger 1.7/2.0 update? Any indications?
Falcon is still supported.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:45 am
Saukar30 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:26 pm Does anyone know what sfz opcodes are supported by Falcon for import?
mapping, pitch env, amp env, filter env, filter lfo, pitch lfo, filter type and round robin regions
Nice! Thank you, Otristan! I just bought Falcon this weekend. Been waiting a long time and now Im finally in the club lol. Now I plan to put some of these SFZ files from Dimension Pro & Zampler to good use 😁
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

What's all this "no longer supported" nonsense here ?
The last update is from march 2019!
:dog:

Saukar30 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am Nice! Thank you, Otristan! I just bought Falcon this weekend. Been waiting a long time and now Im finally in the club lol. Now I plan to put some of these SFZ files from Dimension Pro & Zampler to good use 😁
we don't plan to support all SFZ opcodes but don't hesitate to let us know if you find important ones to be missing.

And thanks for the support !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Great. I really wasnt expecting anyone one to one exact replications of another sampler's architecture, just the basics really. That being said, to me its not the fact of all the opcodes being available, but just more of knowing what to expect when importing. Falcon is pretty deep, so anything that isnt supported can be constructed in a different and/or better way. Just my personal opinion.

Most of the files I plan on using are pretty simple with not a lot of round robins, modulations or intricacies so Im not worried too much.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I'm another who's finally bought Falcon after umming-and-ahing for about a year. Glad I eventually did get it - it seems very powerful. The only area I feel it's a tad light is in out-of-the-box MIDI processing, but I guess some of that can be added via the Lua scripting. Oh and yes, the ability to use it as an audio effect would be great and I'd only use it 99% of the time for adding Sparkverb to all my tracks.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

rasmusklump wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:13 am What's all this "no longer supported" nonsense here ?
The last update is from march 2019!
:dog:
The last real update with new features was a long time ago, the last updates were only fixes. New features would be nice like multicore support, VST3, wavetable editor, new sound modules like additive synthesis, wavesequencing, XY pads for vectorsynthesis, new filters etc. For me, this can be a paid update.

otristan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 am
BeeDog wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:13 am Did UVI stop supporting Falcon, or are they cooking up a bigger 1.7/2.0 update? Any indications?
Falcon is still supported.
So, is UVI now developing on a 2.0 version or is it 1.7, or is it secret? :hihi:

Ah OK, sorry, now I get it: a software that gets regular fixes = not supported anymore....

rasmusklump wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:36 pm Ah OK, sorry, now I get it: a software that gets regular fixes = not supported anymore....
First of all, no one literally said it's unsupported, it was phrased as a question. Secondly, 1.6.6 was released over five months ago, so people are likely curious about the plans going forward.

We have had a lot of free updates since it was released, a paid V2 upgrade seems likely.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Will I lose the original pitch of my sample when adjusting the Grain Size/Density/Jitter and Position/Speed/Direction parameters in IRCAM Granular mode? What if Direction is set to 0.00?

collider wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:51 pm Will I lose the original pitch of my sample when adjusting the Grain Size/Density/Jitter and Position/Speed/Direction parameters in IRCAM Granular mode? What if Direction is set to 0.00?
Nop, IRCAM granular can work like a timestretch algorithm that keeps your pitch.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Thanks!

maximoog wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:42 pm The last real update with new features was a long time ago, the last updates were only fixes. New features would be nice like multicore support, VST3, wavetable editor, new sound modules like additive synthesis, wavesequencing, XY pads for vectorsynthesis, new filters etc. For me, this can be a paid update.
For me it's custom waves ability in FM oscilator, would be really big deal.

What with UVI servers now btw ? Try to grab updated stuff but speed about 30-50kb/s (5-7hours left).

Return to “Instruments”