Slam Academy ?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi:
Has anyone taken courses from Slam Academy?

Other online schools?

Was it a good investment of time and money?

Looking at their website I don't see anything that appeals to me. Seems like they don't teach you anything about music academically, but guide you through using tools. (6 months to learn Ableton Live? It shouldn't take more than a month at the outside)

You could learn all that for free using YouTube and practicing what you learn there.

i'd recommend 1st considering WHICH programs based accordingly to genre you're focusing on @MidiToGuitar
if it's pop, i'd say screw the jargon and go toe HookTheory
if rock or dance, i'd recommend 1st learning how to be your own best friend for DJ-ing to gain utmost familiarity of what what u want to exist in the world
the creative process is endless and no one in the educational fields should feel limited to how they learn

I think that some of the Slam Academy classes are on Udemy also.

Look at:
https://www.udemy.com/user/janthonyallen/

He is a music theory instructor at Slam Academy (and at University) and additionally has Ableton and other courses on Udemy. Udemy has these sitewide sales that go on and you can get the bundles for $10 to $12 typically, which is really inexpensive.

you have to be careful with online stuff. Lots of so called experts out there are just positioning their selves as authorities, when they can in fact barely make a living out of their jobs.

Return to “Music Theory”