Dynaudio Lyd 5 vs Genelec 8030c

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

There is a sale on the dynaudios today, I need to decide fast if they are worthy or not.
The only competitor is the Genelec 8030 which I can't listen to today.
The question if the Genelec is better than these Dynamos for music listening? Mixing is a second priority.

Also the Genelecs have 5 years warranty, and Dynaudio only 1 year. How much I need to worry about reliability after 1 year on the Dynaudio?

Appriciate any help.

That’s a really tough call as they have completely different characteristics. Many great producers swear by Dynaudio as do others about Genelecs. Having ever only seen others mix on the Dynaudio I can only say that I found them a little less colored than the Gens I have owned. Personally I would tend more towards the Dyn’s but it really is a matter of taste.
There are obviously better speakers - PSI or Focal for example - but they both are good. Like I say it’s down to your own preference. Good luck.

My preference is Dynaudio, one isn't better than the other. Dynaudio exposes mid range detail like nothing else I tried, and that's what I like. Build quality is superb, I wouldn't worry about reliability.

Thanks for help, finally got a pair of BM5 mkIII, their sound by far the best from 20 or so other monitors I've heard in the store.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”