Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

129usd for me, not good, was thinking it will be 49usd crossgrade if i have others like byome and triad so not good...will not buy and wait till christmas offer....

Yeah, unfortunately previous UA purchases don't qualify us this time.

Luckily I saved my loyalty voucher and was able to use that in conjunction with my heavy-hitter status.

antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 am $91 for me with all the vouchers and incl. tax.

Tempting... :roll:
I'll pass. Saving money towards Deluge :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:49 am
antic604 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 am $91 for me with all the vouchers and incl. tax.

Tempting... :roll:
I'll pass. Saving money towards Deluge :P
Smart Move - the V3 Update (FREE :D ) is supurb, clips, USB midi host, amazing live looping....soooo much new stuff to explore in a little device that was already amazing :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

mcbpete wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 am
kelvyn wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:03 amNow Lion... Heavy Hitter price is $99 until 31 Sep and if you receive a monthly voucher it’s even cheaper. Thanks PA :tu:
Yep just picked up my copy for just under £24 :tu:
yes £24 sounds good,,,how did you do it?

I too would like to know.

$99 intro offer code - $75 Monthly loyalty voucher + VAT -> Brought the bad boy down to $28.80 (£23.20)

LION is a very interesting concept but ... worth $199$169? :o No way that steep price is going to attract people when its about on the same price brackets as even more complex stuff by U-HE and other companies, and it makes even less people interested with PA refusing to throw a bone towards all existing UA customers.

I've been hype for a while now but I'm not gonna submit myself to GAS this time, at least for now :?

I was offered a $99 price and used a $25 voucher. I own all the other UA plugins, so that might have been the reason for that lowered price. Seems fair to me.

exmatproton wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:16 am
TheEdster75 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:12 am Quick question. I don't know if I am terming this correctly or not. But does this thing have an arpegiator that you can set the program to the BPM of your track and hit a key on the keyboard and have this cool sound effect come out in perfect timing? I'm primarily a guitarist looking to add more and more cool layers to songs and stuff like that. Also do a tad bit of producing. This is something I am able to do with Helion SE in Cubase. I'm looking to pick this up from Plugin Alliance if it will do stuff like that. Thanks in advance. :tu: :phones:
No arp in this thing. Also, the main amp env can't be triggered by the internal sequencers. So you'll have to rely on external devices for that
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

I own all UA plugins and got offered $99. I expected a better loyalty deal from PA so won’t be buying Lion.

SLiC wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:52 amSmart Move - the V3 Update (FREE :D ) is supurb, clips, USB midi host, amazing live looping....soooo much new stuff to explore in a little device that was already amazing :tu:
Oh, never noticed you had one :) Everyone's raving about it, so I'll likely pull the trigger and order one shortly!
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I think it looks really cool. $99 with an upgrade voucher is a totally fair price. People really ought to stop looking for reasons to be discontent with everything PA does. I guess I can understand expecting a very low price if you own byome and triad, but how cheap are you expecting them to go? It's a brand new synth. We all saw how long it took to get through development and testing. It's not like they just slapped an oscillator module on byome and sent it to market.

I just bought a hardware synth, but I'll def demo this and decide if/how much I want it before the intro price goes away.

Razzia wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:32 pm People really ought to stop looking for reasons to be discontent with everything PA does.
They could always stop giving us reasons to be discontent :wink:

I'm going to ride it out personally. If they can prove that they have changed their old ways and can be trusted to maintain stable pricing, I'll probably jump on board (will give me longer to save for it anyway), otherwise I'll simply be patient and wait for a flash sale. 14 days isn't long enough for to properly demo a deep synth like this and since PA plugins are worth nothing on the 2nd market, due to historic low-price sales and high fees (with shambolic handling of their processes), I personally won't take a punt on it.
Always Read the Manual!

I just bought it. Imo it's not fair to compare Lion to U-he / analog synths because it is not at all trying to be like those. Thelizard can correct me if I'm wrong, but the character of this synth is very much digital & experimental, and I mean that in a good way. No other synth that I'm aware of has wave terrain functionality or wild bitwise mixing like the circuit bent mode (which rules!). And the FM modes (again, very much a digital synth feature), especially the 3-op split mode, are implemented very well.

If you're just using this to get bread & butter sounds then you're missing the point. I'm more than happy to spend the $$$ to support unique stuff like this. It's kind of a bummer to see people comparing Lion to other synths that are nothing like it; I would have thought people on KVR would respond positively to a synth that does new things that haven't been done before (eg the mixer modes).

Return to “Instruments”