RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:02 pm Status update:

- PC 64bit beta should be stable now
- PC 32bit beta has been built and submitted to the sound-designers
- Mac beta version has been built and submitted to the sound-designers
- We started sound-design with Icarus2 now

I will take a deep breath now and relax a bit 8)
So you're doing MPE implementation after giving it to sound designers? Wouldn't it make sense to have it feature complete before designing presets? I would hope at least one or two of your preset designers would be designing MPE patches, no?

The highest priority was that our sound designers have a working version for PC and Mac where the patch format does not longer change. This milestone has been passed today.
MPE will be implemented with one of the next beta versions.
---
We currently have no plans for a rent-to-own system. I personally hate what Adobe did with the Photoshop-subsription-system and am still using and old version because of this reason.

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:11 pm
---
We currently have no plans for a rent-to-own system. I personally hate what Adobe did with the Photoshop-subsription-system and am still using and old version because of this reason.
Amen

looking forward to Icarus2, don't you need any more beta-testers? :D

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:11 pm The highest priority was that our sound designers have a working version for PC and Mac where the patch format does not longer change. This milestone has been passed today.
MPE will be implemented with one of the next beta versions.
---
That said, "rent to own" is a different model than the Adobe "subscription only" model because as soon as you finish paying for it, you own the perpetual license. Serum and Sylenth are two synths that seem to have implemented "rent to own" successfully.

W23 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:59 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:11 pm
---
Amen
+1

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:36 am Chances are good that there will be an open beta after the closed beta.

I've worked the complete weekend.

New features added:
- The Drum sequencer it not longer only a drum sequencer. It is now also simple sample player with loop support and DHSR envelopes
- It is now also an arranger which can resolve chords
- The Drum sequencer can stretch Drumloops to make them sync with BPM
- There will be a large selection of (lopped) wav files which ship with the synth an can be loaded to the drumsynth

I am having *lots* of fun with creating loops :-)
:clap:

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:11 pm We currently have no plans for a rent-to-own system. I personally hate what Adobe did with the Photoshop-subsription-system and am still using and old version because of this reason.
No.
Rent-to-own is something completely different than Adobes subscription model. Rent-to-own means you own the license after a certain number of monthly payments. With Adobe you always have to pay to keep using their products. You will never own a license. Keep using their products becomes very expensive. Not the case with rent-to-own.

Added today:

A classic, orthogonal wavetable-view like in Serum and other synths. You can switch between 3d-view and classic view by clicking on the display

Is it possible to pre-order?

Have you considered to have both wavetable views at the same time like in Phaseplant?
Best of both worlds and makes sense.

@pdxindy:
You can buy Icarus 1.6 through our own webshop (www.tone2.com) now and you will get the upgrade to v2.x free

@Stefken:
There are 3 modes available:
- Classic view like in Serum
- Waveform view which shows the morph on the wave
- 3D view

I will think about a mode which combines the morph with the others
Last edited by Markus Krause on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 pm I will think about a mode which combines the morph with the others
That would be great. :tu:
I would suggest the same implementation as in Phaseplant.

That is, a primary/bigger 2d-view combined with a secondary/smaller 3d view.

Imo the 3-d view is not as good for assessing the wave form (that's what's the 2-d view is for)
but it's added value is to show you where you are in the wavetable and what the general content of the wavetable is. Which in turn, a 2-d view does not tell you and which forces you to scan the wavetable to see what's inside.

So, combining both with a main 2-d view and a somewhat smaller 3-d view is a strong combo imo and gives the best of both worlds.

+1 for rent to own (like Serum on Splice, not rent indefinitely like Adobe), although Icarus is one of my favorite synths, so I'll buy the upgrade regardless. :) I just think that more people would buy it that way.

As for the wavetable display, I personally only ever care about the 2D view, so if we could "lock" the view we prefer that would be a really good feature in my opinion, and hopefully not too difficult to implement either)

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 pm @pdxindy:
You can buy Icarus 1.6 now and you will get the upgrade to v2.x free
I already have Icarus... since it came out!

Return to “Instruments”