Your favorite Chord generator plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

Which are your favorite chord idea generator plugins? I currently use Xfer Cthulhu but looking for other alternatives.

Scaler from plugin boutique

Another vote for Scaler. Got some odd but nice chord substitutions out of it a few times.

I use Cthulhu too. It does about as much as you could want from a chord player with an arp. Are you looking for something that will generate new chords based on the input you give it? I don’t know a ton about that market but there are lots of those types of programs out there.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I have RapidComposer Light version. Really good but feels clunky in real use. I wish it was simpler like Scaler. It's on discount atm http://musicdevelopments.com/shop.html
Tried Scaler when it came out, they have added a lot of features in subsequent versions. In v1, the feature that I found missing was chord proposition. For example, you select a scale then a chord, it should propose next set of chords that you can progress to. This is where I struggle most so this is important to me.
I have my eyes on Captain Chords, they don't have a demo but do give a full refund. From the videos it looks cool and have heard good things about it. Only concern is that I heard Windows versions take less priority on development front. That's why I haven't bought it yet.
Another good tool is Sundog Song Studio. https://feelyoursound.com/sundog/
I tried it the workflow didn't suit me so try for yourself. It's a standalone app so you need Virtual MIDI cable to use it with your DAW.
J74ProgressiveSE - You can buy this nice little tool for 10 euro. It's pretty good and very helpful but the issue is that it's not a plugin. So you need a Virtual MIDI cable app like LoopBe1, MidiYoke, etc. Again workflow is different.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

+1 Scaler

Captain Plugins gets a nod too for the bundle they provide it as.

Check out this thread for similar topics
Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113

and

What is your favorite Auto Chord Progression plugin?
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=527073

One more for scaler. Does everything you need, intuitive and inexpensive. The guys at pluginboutique are great too. Regular updates, good communication when you contact support or request a feature.

I will say I wish they kept the old workflow where changing the voicing of a chord was just a little arrow button on each pad or whatever. I think the new workflow is a minor downgrade

And another one for Scaler. :) But I also like Obelisk by Frozen Plain. Got it from AudioPluginDeals for like 9,- (with reward money). I didn't spend too much time with it, but it's nice and I sometimes find something I like playing and experimenting around with it.

I also have I2C8 by Re-Compose. I like it, but don't use it much.

What are these generators for?

Igro wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:47 pm What are these generators for?
Uh, chords... :party:

schmerzschlag wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:44 pm Got it from AudioPluginDeals for like 9,- (with reward money).
Who did you rat on to get that?

+1 Scaler. Best in class.

Winstontaneous wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:03 pm
Igro wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:47 pm What are these generators for?
Uh, chords... :party:
Sure. Why generate them. Chords are know and fixed.

Return to “Instruments”