What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nice!
fuzz can hide a multitude of sins regards shite playing but can also highlight the same :hihi:
only on the phone at the min, but it breaks up nicely for sure, still leaves enough tone of the guitar but melts at the edges 8)
it's very quiet as well, as in no noisey hum in the breaks :tu: some fuzz is murder to gate because the noise is almost as loud as the notes :lol: but they're the more experimental ones usually.

Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:34 pm Here's a demo of the sound from the Ananashead Super Fuzz:

https://soundcloud.com/user-414209584-7 ... super-fuzz

Played on the bridge pickup of my Ibanez HSH through a Fender Mustang on the 'British 60s' amp setting. Starts with the pedal off for reference, then pedal on. The change in fuzz sound is me engaging the mid-scoop switch, then I turn the volume down to see how well it rolls off, and then back up again.

Made me realize how rusty my guitar playing is, so think this is going to spur me on to pick up the guitar more often.
From the tugger school of random widdle.. :hihi: :love:

Yep, random metel widdle recorded into my phone laying on the floor a few feet from the amp :hihi:

It is amazingly non-noisy too as that's without a gate or anything like that - it does add a really small amount of noise to single coils, but absolutely nothing to humbuckers.

phones are becoming surprisingly useful as field recorders. the mics are great on even cheap ass phones like nine :o

Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 pm Yep, random metel widdle recorded into my phone laying on the floor a few feet from the amp :hihi:

It is amazingly non-noisy too as that's without a gate or anything like that - it does add a really small amount of noise to single coils, but absolutely nothing to humbuckers.
Cool, sounds organic.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:04 pm
Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:52 pm Yep, random metel widdle recorded into my phone laying on the floor a few feet from the amp :hihi:

Cool, sounds organic.
Very! They make all analog clones of original pedals, this one being a clone of a Shin-Ei FY6

I can't contain my pride over my deep, rich sounding 1963 Hagstrom nylon string. 8)

I'm just getting into looping (Boss RC-1) with my acoustic, so I just bought 4 el-cheapo Chinese pedals off Aliexpress. I've got a Boss AD-3 as my preamp, but I wanted a couple of EQ pedals, so I can quickly switch between extremely different tones, I also got this weird filter pedal that might be handy... but I don't know. :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvwpHzEPkQE&t=

Annnnd, I'll just mention that you shouldn't turn your nose up at Chinese clones, I've got one of these (it's a Proco Rat clone) and it's seriously good... and seriously cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXKv-iV_UY

Forgotten wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:36 pm They make all analog clones of original pedals, this one being a clone of a Shin-Ei FY6
There's a seller of handmade pedals in the UK. Auction, not fixed prices. Seems to be a few fuzz based.

Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice prices too :tu:
might grab his "one knob" :o

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm nice prices too :tu:
might grab his "one knob" :o
There's also some Muffs.
Imagehttps://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/websmurfer
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

couple of muffs and a one knob, now that's a fun session!

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:45 pm couple of muffs and a one knob, now that's a fun session!
It's not even worth putting it in the out of context thread when you set it up like that! :x

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm nice prices too :tu:
Holy crap! Yes, those are good prices.

Anyone know what they sound like? I have heard handmade pedals that sound good and some that sound not so good, so would like to get opinions before I think about buying.

Return to “Guitars”