Let's Talk Eventide

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kgdrum wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:27 pm Eventide plugins are great and the company happens to be very friendly.I had an issue once I inadvertently bought a plugin I already had so I called them on the phone(yes they actually pickup the phone and talk to customers) and the customer service rep actually gave me a free plugin that I didn't have & wanted to make up for it.
With that being said,Eventide usually has a very good sale around Black Friday or the holiday's,I eventually bought Anthology X during a bf sale and than updated to Anthology XI during the next BF sale.

btw Audio Deluxe has Omnipressor on sale(if you log in) for $40.99
Thanks. I just got it from PB for 48 bucks. I'm content with that, especially as I already have an account there and have never had an issue buying from them.

BTW, put this on the drum buss of my new track and I'm blown away.

Eventide stuff is great. The hardware boxes like the H9000 are revolutionary, it's a magic multi effects box with a gazillion presets so you can find something in there for every situation.

The plugins are basically the same code as the boxes. Not necessarily identical replicas, because the boxes are really out there to do everything with tons of creative FX. The plugins are typically more narrow applications of a few key algorithms.

I have and use: UltraReverb and UltraChannel.

UltraReverb is the exact algos in some of the boxes, adding the type of functional effects that you'd want to make tasty reverbs (delays, eqs, comp). It could easily be a desert-island reverb plugin.

UltraChannel would see more use from me if the CPU wasn't reverb-high. But I still use it all the time because of the micro pitch shift. It lives on my stereo widening bus.

UltraChannel has a modernized version of the Omnipressor in there (called O-pressor). I haven't used it in a while but I remember insta-liking that compressor. I'm very happy with my comp selection but I would still use the O-pressor more if the channel strip wasn't abusing the CPU. To the point I even spared a thought for buying the Omnipressor plugin currently on sale even though I already own the UltraChannel version, just to add the expander functionality and get to play with the original controls. If they gave me a $10 crossgrade deal I wouldn't be able to resist buying a compressor I already have.

Also on my radar are the other reverbs, particularly Blackhole. I don't need more reverbs at all, but if they dangle a mega discount in front of me I won't be able to resist.

Blackhole is a dirty one. Whenever I use it without a specific purpose, I seem to get lost in tails, blue light, and infinity.

29$ isn't a mega deal?

Fission or Physion as they now call it is a secret weapon. A great mix tool as well as an out-there fx box.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 pm Omnipressor is on sale at Pluginboutique for $53 ...
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... mnipressor
There is a new Omnipressor coming out in a few weeks (allegedly). Warren Huart mentioned it in last weeks FAQ Friday video (around 14:32). No details about what is in it, other than he has done a video review, that will be out soon. But he does talk about using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX5jHNFlZH4

Looking forward to that.

Omnipressor and the O-pressor In Ultrachannel are very different in behavior.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

The only plugin I got from them is Blackhole, which I got during some sale. They seem to be a lot like Waves in that way, with inflated "regular" prices and frequent sales.
Still, it's a good plugin. A bit more transparent than Toraverb 2 and less "fizzy" than Valhalla Shimmer (my other gotos for unnaturally long reverbs), which is sometimes a good thing.

Wagtunes, I have a question about Omnipressor.

The old version AFAIK was mono. Is this new version stereo?

XorXisT wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:39 am Wagtunes, I have a question about Omnipressor.

I have no idea what version I even have. I didn't know there was a new version. I just bought whatever was at the site.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:41 am [quote=XorXisT post_id=7526824 time=<a href="tel:1569325153">1569325153</a> user_id=72455]
Wagtunes, I have a question about Omnipressor.

I have no idea what version I even have. I didn't know there was a new version. I just bought whatever was at the site.
[/quote]

there is mono and a stereo version according to the manual.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:41 am
XorXisT wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:39 am Wagtunes, I have a question about Omnipressor.

AFAIK, the new version look like this:

There is a EX3 module below the main plugin module GUI.

I keep buying Eventide plugins cheap when they're in sales (I also just picked up Omnipressor) and now have 9 of them and haven't paid more than about £45 for any, mostly less than £30. Now their site tells me I could upgrade to Anthology XI for $299. I may stick with looking for high discounted individual plugins until Black November comes around. I'm not sure if it's worth dropping on Anthology XI or waiting on the next Anthology release.

As for the plugins themselves, they're obviously quality even though some are a tad long in the tooth. I hope the next work Eventide does on the plugins - and this goes for 90% of plugin makers - is overhaul the GUI to make it properly sizeable. At least give us the option to work on something as busy as the H3000 Factory controls at a decent size on a high res screen.

The eye opener for me was how different their reverbs are and how they each have their own character. TVerb is now my goto for vocals and SP2016 has a preset called something like "The 80's" that adds instant retro to just about anything. Blackhole is hard to rein in, but it's great fun finding the sweet spot between ambient shimmery goodness and diffuse sludge - the reverb equivalent of dancing around the breakage gain levels on a Vox AC30.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

abi wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:47 am there is mono and a stereo version according to the manual.
Found it.

Thanks!

XorXisT wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:49 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:41 am

AFAIK, the new version look like this:

There is a EX3 module below the main plugin module GUI.
That's the version I have.

Return to “Effects”