Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

I was hoping that the Rack can be sold separately for even less that the Intro.
In any case I would only be interested if the Rack had a midi put.

Is there typically a black Friday sale on Reason?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:58 pm Is there typically a black Friday sale on Reason?
Sometimes. I've seen the normal upgrade price go on sale for $99 USD, and they always offer rig bundles on sale and various RE's.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:40 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:58 pm Is there typically a black Friday sale on Reason?
Sometimes. I've seen the normal upgrade price go on sale for $99 USD, and they always offer rig bundles on sale and various RE's.
There won't be a significant sale on BF, or any time in the next 6 months, on Reason itself -- it will sell very well and they need the influx. REs however I'm expecting them to deeply discount. All speculation of course, but I'd bank on it.
Have you tried Vital?

Sometimes the best bet for a black friday sale is to buy from musiciansfriend, sweetwater, etc when they offer a 20-30% off coupon. Sometimes Reason is excluded from the discount but sometimes it isn't. This is also how I upgrade S1 usually.
THIS SIGNATURE DOES NOT VIOLATE THE KVR FORUM RULES.

Psuper wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm There won't be a significant sale on BF, or any time in the next 6 months, on Reason itself
I smell a wager... :lol: Wanna' start a betting pool? ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

thenumber23 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:02 am I noticed the new "Rigs 4" bundle which looks like a great value, so I wanted to find out how many of the Reason 11 Suite rack extensions overlap. I made a list, and figured other people would want to see it too.

Reason 11 Suite:
Complex-1 Modular Synth
Drum Sequencer
Layers
Layers Wave Edition
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer (Synthetic Rigs 4)
Polar Dual Pitch Shifter (Mix & Mastering Rig 4)
PolyStep Sequencer
Processed Pianos
Quad Note Generator
Radical Keys (Backline Rig 4)
Reason Drum Kits (Backline Rig 4)
Reason Electric Bass (Backline Rig 4)
Rotor Rotary Speaker (Backline Rig 4)
Scenic Hybrid Instrument
Umpf Club Drums (Synthetic Rigs 4)
Umpf Retro Beats (Backline Rig 4)
I have many of those already - will they be taken into account?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:52 pm I have many of those already - will they be taken into account?
No. I mean, aside from them recording the money you pay them into their account. :D

EnochLight wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 pm
Psuper wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm There won't be a significant sale on BF, or any time in the next 6 months, on Reason itself
I smell a wager... :lol: Wanna' start a betting pool? ;)
Hah well I've been just enough of a pain in "Managements" side for so long that he'd discount it a buck just to see me lose. :lol:
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:31 pm Hah well I've been just enough of a pain in "Managements" side for so long that he'd discount it a buck just to see me lose. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:52 pm
thenumber23 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:02 am I noticed the new "Rigs 4" bundle which looks like a great value, so I wanted to find out how many of the Reason 11 Suite rack extensions overlap. I made a list, and figured other people would want to see it too.

Reason 11 Suite:
Complex-1 Modular Synth
Drum Sequencer
Layers
Layers Wave Edition
Parsec Spectral Synthesizer (Synthetic Rigs 4)
Polar Dual Pitch Shifter (Mix & Mastering Rig 4)
PolyStep Sequencer
Processed Pianos
Quad Note Generator
Radical Keys (Backline Rig 4)
Reason Drum Kits (Backline Rig 4)
Reason Electric Bass (Backline Rig 4)
Rotor Rotary Speaker (Backline Rig 4)
Scenic Hybrid Instrument
Umpf Club Drums (Synthetic Rigs 4)
Umpf Retro Beats (Backline Rig 4)
I have many of those already - will they be taken into account?
No, I had an email conversation with their support questioning their business model, but they obviously don't value loyal customers.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:34 pm No, I had an email conversation with their support questioning their business model, but they obviously don't value loyal customers.
Counterpoint: If they didn't value their loyal customers, they wouldn't continually release free point updates that keep adding features or have affordable upgrade paths from any previous version.

I mean, I get why you're salty - if I owned all of those RE's and there was some in the package being offered that I wanted, yet had no path to purchase it without paying full price - I'd be salty, too. But there's likely a point where they have to draw the line. You're bound to piss some customers off when you do that, though.

I own several RE out of the Suite list BUT if what I'm missing add up ($) to the same or more that the cost of the Suite Upgrade, I don't see much of the issue (mathematically of course :) )
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

What I still did not get is why they make the regular update from reason 10 to reason 11 so uninteresting compared to the Intro version (which has the by far most interesting innovation, the vst rack, and the most important synths) and the studio version which has these 16 additional extension which count (bought regularly and individually) a 1000 alone. But none of them added to the regular 11. As I have 10 upgrading to 11 really absolute uninteresting compared to Intro and Studio :-(. Maybe they really want to make the studio the "regular" version like with Ableton which is (kind of) useless without M4L but I must admit I am kind of pissed of with this strategy, if atleast they have added one example extension for the player, synth, sampler, effect fraction, but none, nothing :-(((((

Well, for those on a previous version of Reason, the value is even better (since the Suite also includes a $129 Reason upgrade from any version). Scenic alone is going to cost $99 USD, so basically it's like buying a Reason upgrade + Scenic and another $21 nets you all of those other RE's for free.

EnochLight wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:48 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:34 pm No, I had an email conversation with their support questioning their business model, but they obviously don't value loyal customers.
Counterpoint: If they didn't value their loyal customers, they wouldn't continually release free point updates that keep adding features or have affordable upgrade paths from any previous version.

I mean, I get why you're salty - if I owned all of those RE's and there was some in the package being offered that I wanted, yet had no path to purchase it without paying full price - I'd be salty, too. But there's likely a point where they have to draw the line. You're bound to piss some customers off when you do that, though.
Most (close to all) developers are releaseing free point updates with new features added. Many developers are also quite forthcoming when you own multiple software from them.

I did a calculation during my contact with the support. I own all but 4 of the extra Rack Extensions offered in the Suite (incl. the new Scenic Hybrid Instrument). I have already paid 580 EUR for the others, more than twice as much as the upgrade to Reason Suite, so of course this is quite disturbing for me. Not to mention the money I have thrown in the shop on other REs and sound expansions, as well as Reason upgrades, over the years. Probably around 8-10 times more in total.

Many other developers have been giving me extra discount in situations like these, because they value their loyal customers. But there are a few developers who look for dollars more than happy customers.

Otherwise I like Reason Studios, and I have always been defending them, but I can't defend this absence of customer care.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”